Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Thanks for the feedback.

 

What is his masterplan to keep spending money we don't have if that is still his chosen route?

 

Why has it taken so long to work out that buying young promising players with a potential sell-on value might be more financially viable?

 

The fans have been very patient with the team. 4 goals in the first half at home all season makes it difficult to cheer them on regularly.

 

Spend to get promoted is fine - if you manage it! If not you need a better alternative plan than we have had for the last 3 years as spending has stopped.

 

5 supporters purchasing Club 1867 is hardly that surprising is it? At least 1 of them if not more was said to have been purchased by a regular critic of the owner who has posted in this thread. :ph34r:

 

 

No probs. 

 

tbh - it seemed like it was just a couple of fans that were prepared to press him on certain matters - only 5 attendees at the meeting, 1 was a no show. 

 

There were only 6 invited btw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly believe that he wakes up every morning and has totally forgot about the day before. 

 

Tomorrow he'll open his eyes and probably think we're a couple of wins away from promotion. The following day he'll decide a ten year membership is the way to go. 

 

The worrying thing for the club though, is that he's convinced himself so much that whatever he chooses is the right way. 

 

If some people still can't see that this is going to get far worse then I really despair.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I don't think we can be sure of this tbh. 

 

If we get the greenlight from the EFL decision, what's to say he won't just revert back to type and chuck money at it? 

 

 


That’s exactly what he’ll do.

 

He said at the last fans forum before the EFL changed from embargo’s to points deductions, his plan if we broke FFP was to have a squad of 40-50 to circumvent a 1-2 year transfer embargo. Absolutely ridiculous. 
 

The more he speaks, the more it’s clear he thinks writing cheques out for players will solve all the club’s problems. The money he’s wasted on players like Abdi could’ve been spent on making the match day experience actually worth the ticket price, then fans might be a little more mellow when results dip on the pitch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Morepork said:


Ambition-less rank amateurs......:Chansiri:WTF:

 

I wonder if DC even realises they just battered his model!!!

 

You can't batter my model... when I don't have a model

 

:Chansiri:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

 

So their plan of scouting quality players on the cheap and selling for large profits in order to continually improve the squad to the extent that they’re in the play offs whilst funding modern infrastructure, is in fact a plan lacking in any ambition.

 

Whereas our ‘plan’ to waste so much money that we go under a couple of embargoes until we have to sell our ground to comply with P&S and face a large points deduction and possible relegation as we tumble down the league table playing in a ground that’s slowly crumbling, is in fact the better plan and all we have to do is keep trying.

You can see the sense in our plan given we are apparently a bottom half second division team with a set of players that have the talent to challenge for a Champions League spot. Brentford can’t match that. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You can see the sense in our plan given we are apparently a bottom half second division team with a set of players that have the talent to challenge for a Champions League spot. Brentford can’t match that. 

 

And the fans ask me why we don't sell players. Only a fool would part with such talent! 

 

:Chansiri:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

I don't think we can be sure of this tbh. 

 

If we get the greenlight from the EFL decision, what's to say he won't just revert back to type and chuck money at it? 

 

 

 

Don't think he has any money left to chuck

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Nobody was threatened with legal action, people were asked to turn phones off is all. 

 

Lad on here who's been text me a couple of times when he got back. 

 

DC disappointed with take up of Club 1867 - only 5 people bought it. Asked the fans why it hadn't been bought. (small matter of not having 3k to chuck at it might be a clue)

 

DC believes that spending to get a better team is still the way to go (we might have a problem there).

 

Question asked about the strategy for the coming years - wants to look at upcoming younger players. 

 

DC wants fans to back the team even through the tougher times when not performing well, should cheer them on and not be negative. 

 

Also said that Milan was consistently losing money so why not spend to get a better team or promoted. 

 

Seems like it's all just a rehash of every other fans forum tbh, very worrying if he doesn't appear to have taken onboard the plight the club is in and also the impending EFL decision. We've no infrastructure to bring young players on so we're probably looking at taking chances on players from abroad. 

If that's true then the man is a fecking liability and needs to go right away.

Hopefully the EFL will take pitty on us as a club and see that this incompetence is not the.fans fault and instead ban Chansiri from football for life, after all if FFP is designed to stop clubs getting into trouble then they need to remove the people who put clubs in trouble.

Fingers crossed.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Was also asked what he thought of the Brentford model - said they have no ambition to get promoted. 

 

Was then asked do you no think they have  a plan? i.e. new stadium paid for by transfers and a good deal of sought after players in the team. 

 

DC replied that they've spent a lot of money on transfers to which it was pointed out that it was nowhere near what we're alleged to have spent. 

Erm...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5-0 :Chansiri:

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrinsworthOwl1867 said:

I think DC knows this with your mate saying he said he will be looking to sign younger players in the future. 

 

At least then they have a bit of resale value.

That depends on who owns the players....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

EFL points deduction may be the catalyst; it’s a convenient excuse to bail without saying he failed. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Was also asked what he thought of the Brentford model - said they have no ambition to get promoted. 

 

Was then asked do you no think they have  a plan? i.e. new stadium paid for by transfers and a good deal of sought after players in the team. 

 

DC replied that they've spent a lot of money on transfers to which it was pointed out that it was nowhere near what we're alleged to have spent. 


After reading this he is showing true ignorance and is going down even further in my estimations. Surely he doesn’t believe half the drivel he comes out with?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Nobody was threatened with legal action, people were asked to turn phones off is all. 

 

Lad on here who's been text me a couple of times when he got back. 

 

DC disappointed with take up of Club 1867 - only 5 people bought it. Asked the fans why it hadn't been bought. (small matter of not having 3k to chuck at it might be a clue)

 

DC believes that spending to get a better team is still the way to go (we might have a problem there).

 

Question asked about the strategy for the coming years - wants to look at upcoming younger players. 

 

DC wants fans to back the team even through the tougher times when not performing well, should cheer them on and not be negative. 

 

Also said that Milan was consistently losing money so why not spend to get a better team or promoted. 

 

Seems like it's all just a rehash of every other fans forum tbh, very worrying if he doesn't appear to have taken onboard the plight the club is in and also the impending EFL decision. We've no infrastructure to bring young players on so we're probably looking at taking chances on players from abroad. 

That's without a doubt the most wiring thing I've read about us in recent years

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Perhaps they don't want to draw attention to their plans for a Ladies team?

Perhaps they are scared the women’s team will be better than the men’s team. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Nobody was threatened with legal action, people were asked to turn phones off is all. 

 

Lad on here who's been text me a couple of times when he got back. 

 

DC disappointed with take up of Club 1867 - only 5 people bought it. Asked the fans why it hadn't been bought. (small matter of not having 3k to chuck at it might be a clue)

 

DC believes that spending to get a better team is still the way to go (we might have a problem there).

 

Question asked about the strategy for the coming years - wants to look at upcoming younger players. 

 

DC wants fans to back the team even through the tougher times when not performing well, should cheer them on and not be negative. 

 

Also said that Milan was consistently losing money so why not spend to get a better team or promoted. 

 

Seems like it's all just a rehash of every other fans forum tbh, very worrying if he doesn't appear to have taken onboard the plight the club is in and also the impending EFL decision. We've no infrastructure to bring young players on so we're probably looking at taking chances on players from abroad. 


Jesus Christ. Same old rubbish from him. Clueless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

No probs. 

 

tbh - it seemed like it was just a couple of fans that were prepared to press him on certain matters - only 5 attendees at the meeting, 1 was a no show. 

 

There were only 6 invited btw. 


what a surprise. I tell you this man will kill our club. Was nothing said about the EFL situation? Monk not being able to bring in his own backroad staff? The very real possibility of relegation? What Paxo does? We need to get him out of our club before it’s to late. He’s just going to continue in the same way, how clueless must he be after such massive on and off field problems. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

The coupe de grace............

 

DC thinks this team is a good as SUFC's - only difference is they have stronger minds. 

 

He should have sold tickets tonight - pay per view - instantly solve all our problems. 

 

The guy is absolutely off his rocker. 


🤣🤣


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...