Is this legitimate??

Just now, Rev Owl said:

13 pages and no actual information.

It's a 'hot' topic.

It doesn't tell you anything whatsoever.

It's pure 100% distilled essence of Owlstalk.

Right here ladies and gentlemen, right here.

Don't get me wrong...

I love it.

lol

5 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

13 pages and no actual information.

It's a 'hot' topic.

It doesn't tell you anything whatsoever.

It's pure 100% distilled essence of Owlstalk.

Right here ladies and gentlemen, right here.

Lots of information, fans want a women’s team and the right to ask stupid questions. 

Please give them a forum! 

The big question that needs asking is the financial impact on us and the rest of the game, of the government shutting football down for this season. Because I reckon that’s what will happen tomorrow. 

It's kind of funny, regardless whether it's true or not. 

DC: OK Oxo, we have this super secret information we don't want spread around the fans 

Also DC: Hello good fans, you are special, I'm going to tell you this information, but if you tell anyone I WILL SUE YOU 

It's the actions of a nutter, an idiot, or just blatantly not true lol 

• Haha 4

Nobody was threatened with legal action, people were asked to turn phones off is all. 

Lad on here who's been text me a couple of times when he got back. 

DC disappointed with take up of Club 1867 - only 5 people bought it. Asked the fans why it hadn't been bought. (small matter of not having 3k to chuck at it might be a clue)

DC believes that spending to get a better team is still the way to go (we might have a problem there).

Question asked about the strategy for the coming years - wants to look at upcoming younger players. 

DC wants fans to back the team even through the tougher times when not performing well, should cheer them on and not be negative. 

Also said that Milan was consistently losing money so why not spend to get a better team or promoted. 

Seems like it's all just a rehash of every other fans forum tbh, very worrying if he doesn't appear to have taken onboard the plight the club is in and also the impending EFL decision. We've no infrastructure to bring young players on so we're probably looking at taking chances on players from abroad. 

• Thanks 8

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Id our forward the case that certain questions about women’s teams, the price of bovril and pies, the owls in the park stalls being rubbish etc could be done another time.

Womens teams are important but can easily be dealt with via other comms with the club (as was stated on the night by Katrien if I remember rightly - although the person asking the question kept asking and asking hence the frustration from the room)

Plus, who gives a rats arse about having a womens team. Won't generate any money so just becomes an unnecessary expense to tick a box.

4 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Nobody was threatened with legal action, people were asked to turn phones off is all. 

Lad on here who's been text me a couple of times when he got back. 

DC disappointed with take up of Club 1867 - only 5 people bought it. Asked the fans why it hadn't been bought. (small matter of not having 3k to chuck at it might be a clue)

DC believes that spending to get a better team is still the way to go (we might have a problem there).

Question asked about the strategy for the coming years - wants to look at upcoming younger players. 

DC wants fans to back the team even through the tougher times when not performing well, should cheer them on and not be negative. 

Also said that Milan was consistently losing money so why not spend to get a better team or promoted. 

Seems like it's all just a rehash of every other fans forum tbh, very worrying if he doesn't appear to have taken onboard the plight the club is in and also the impending EFL decision. We've no infrastructure to bring young players on so we're probably looking at taking chances on players from abroad. 

But what about the women’s team?

• Haha 1

I have absolutely no idea what this meeting was supposed to achieve.

Why entertain a handful of individuals and then leave it to Chinese whispers. Why not actually make a statement about the things you can talk about. Something clear and concise.

Another example of a half arsed amateurish non event. Its no wonder we are in the position we're in and its equally understandable how so fans are exasperated by this regime. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Was also asked what he thought of the Brentford model - said they have no ambition to get promoted. 

And yet somehow they have much more chance of realising that dream than we do......I'll take my chances with their version. lol

2 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Plus, who gives a rats arse about having a womens team. Won't generate any money so just becomes an unnecessary expense to tick a box.

A few years ago that might have been the case

These days women’s football is expanding and growing massively 

Its no big deal for those who aren’t arsed about it but as far as investing in the future goes for football clubs it makes total sense 

Owlstalk Shop

The man sounds proper delusional, making it sound like all is under control and going to plan. Embarrassing stuff. 

If he's anything like this to work with, it's no surprise people quit on him. Must be like talking to a brick wall. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Was also asked what he thought of the Brentford model - said they have no ambition to get promoted. 

Was then asked do you no think they have  a plan? i.e. new stadium paid for by transfers and a good deal of sought after players in the team. 

DC replied that they've spent a lot of money on transfers to which it was pointed out that it was nowhere near what we're alleged to have spent. 

So their plan of scouting quality players on the cheap and selling for large profits in order to continually improve the squad to the extent that they’re in the play offs whilst funding modern infrastructure, is in fact a plan lacking in any ambition.

Whereas our ‘plan’ to waste so much money that we go under a couple of embargoes until we have to sell our ground to comply with P&S and face a large points deduction and possible relegation as we tumble down the league table playing in a ground that’s slowly crumbling, is in fact the better plan and all we have to do is keep trying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3