Article on The Athletic

3 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Im curious - Atticus Finch featured in a question on Only Connect, last night.

Is that what brought it to the fore?

* It was about killing dogs.

...and I have literally just watched that question.

(Didn’t quite get it)

Guest mkowl

Some interesting bits that indicate the quantum of costs that have been disregarded for P & S 

So it suggests that loss over 3 years is 18m with the stadium sale included. So if 38m is permitted then does that mean we have 20m wiggle room on the valuation of the stadium. 

Tbh need to number crunch it properly

So in that case is the argument more about the date of recognition. This is a technical accountancy point and why would the EFL accountants be better qualified than ours to judge this. 

Sounds like you would need an independent accountant to give an opinion on that 

And as I say you start to question the professionals in this not just the Club then that puts a bigger dynamic in all this and plenty of vested interests 

Guest LondonOwl313
18 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Take the punishment now and risk being relegated 

OR

Drag it into a new season with the possibility of starting with -21 points.

We are playing with fire and its a absolute shambles, personally i rather see us take the punishment and risk being relegated it would give us a chance to rebuild if we did go down than start next season on a points deduction struggling to attract players to sign then inevitably getting relegated anyway unless a miracle happens.

We must be very confident of either a minor punishment or none at all, or we are just plain stupid, probably the latter. 

If it’s 21 points would rather just take the hit and go down. We’d need play off form to avoid relegation next season if it’s that much so we’d very likely end up in league 1 but a season later. Might as well go down a year earlier if it happens anyway as could be back up within a year

8 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Im curious - Atticus Finch featured in a question on Only Connect, last night.

Is that what brought it to the fore?

* It was about killing dogs.

Never seen it, don't know it, never heard of it

*Bangs fist*

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

...and I have literally just watched that question.

(Didn’t quite get it)

Often I don’t get them - even when given the answers.

Atticus Finch killed a rabid dog in “To Kill a Mockingbird”. Baskerville, in Hounds of the Baskervilles, killed a dog on Dartmoor. The bloke killed Norman Scott’s dog (Jeremy Thorpe’s lover) - can’t remember the fourth one.

But they all killed dogs either factually or fictionally.

On a similar note - I’ve just listened to “Round Britain Quiz” on Radio 4, podcast, whilst walking the dogs.

You might like that, too.

Thats very similar - got one completely right today, which is very unusual.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

Often I don’t get them - even when given the answers.

Atticus Finch killed a rabid dog. Baskerville, in Hounds of the Baskervilles, killed a dog. The bloke killed Norman Scott’s dog (Jeremy Thorpe lover) - can5 remember the fourth one.

But they all killed dogs.

On a similar note - I’ve just listened to “Round Britain Quiz” on Radio 4, podcast, whilst walking the dogs.

You might like that, too.

Thats very similar - got one completely right today, which is very unusual.

It's all go in your house isn't it?

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Who would have thought

I thought she'd left on medical grounds!!!

Reading her parting message she was clearly unwell.......

“I would like to wish the chairman, the staff and players at the club all the very best. With new manager Steve Bruce in charge and the fantastic support of our amazing fans, the club’s journey to the Premier League has never looked any better.”

• Haha 6

So the efl are annoyed we’re not just rolling over & taking our punishment like good little boys & “several” clubs - the ones in the relegation zone & former PL clubs who’ve wasted their parachute money - reckon we should essentially get relegated this season? I, for one, hope we fight this to the end.

• Like 2

Just now, Nero said:

Makes me chuckle when people on this thread say '21 point deduction' as if that's been decided.

You've not read the article then? It states this is what the EFL and some other Championship clubs want the punishment to be.

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I thought she'd left on medical grounds!!!

Reading her parting message she was clearly unwell.......

“I would like to wish the chairman, the staff and players at the club all the very best. With new manager Steve Bruce in charge and the fantastic support of our amazing fans, the club’s journey to the Premier League has never looked any better.”

Obviously it was medical grounds....

She'd lost her mind.

We've known about this issue for some time of course, but it does re-emphasise the total incompetence of DC and his advisors, or perhaps more likely the fact that he goes his own way despite advice.  To me it makes the betting scandal of the early 60s pale into insignificance.  

There might at least be a positive result longer term if DC is banned from operating as a director. Hopefully it might convince him to sell up, even at a significant loss.  The state we are in now is certainly not what we expected when MM sold the club to DC. 

Edited by Kevan

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It's all go in your house isn't it?

Monday Night viewing. All on BBC 2.

Mastermind

Only Connect

University Challenge

Monday afternoon - Round Britain Quiz, Radio 4 - but I podcast that, listened today.

But I did swap over to watch bits of Leicester v Villa.

What were you doing? Fixing someone’s phone?

:tango:

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Haha 1