Dom on Monk not having back room staff..

Does Dom really believe any of this? 

Much like the Hutchinson excuse. 

Something doesn't add up. 

Supposedly, there are offers on the table for players and yet we refuse to let them go. We are also happy for two higher earners to be banished to the Under 23s...and yet there are suggestions that we couldn't afford to bring in some coaching staff for our new manager. 

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hey don’t blame ME for fans forum failures!!!

A fans group at Sheffield Wednesday owning shares and having a place on the board etc is NOT a good idea in my opinion

We have been there, done it before, and look how that turned out.

Where did I blame you? You asked what was the point of them, I asked you the same question last year. I also suggested that we had no way of opening dialogue with the club without any shareholders. Having a group of shares owned by a fans group does not cause a problem. The trouble we had in selling the club pre Lee Strafford, was that there were too many debt holders, all of whom had to be satisfied with their individual deals. The fans gave up their shareholding and Strafford agreed deals in principal with the bank and other debt holders. MM simply filled in the details made the settlements and then bought the club. If a fan group owned shares again how do you think it would cause an issue?     

21 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Absolutely pathetic he hasn’t been allowed to bring his own people in. Finances! fizz me. What about the compo we got from Bruce and the money saved on Bruce’s wages ( reported he was on a lot of money here) and the money saved from the others Steve’s. 

Saving it for the next manager, now he’s realised what a ball he’s dropped with Monk. I wouldn’t authorise him spending money on shoe laces.

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree, that's exactly what we've got, a manager with no track record of any success and no record of sticking at it for more than a year. If you want someone better you have to place trust in them to do a more long-term job.

I'm not sure I'd have given Monk more than a year based on his managerial history to date but if we'd have had the opportunity to attract someone with more pedigree then we would have had to offer more to stand a chance.

agreed, we went ages without a manager, that says it all.

Although didn't he say we loads of applicants,not sure from whom mind. Bet they were really high profile ones.

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not sure I'd have given Monk more than a year based on his managerial history to date but if we'd have had the opportunity to attract someone with more pedigree then we would have had to offer more to stand a chance.

If you don't have faith in your appointments, why hire them to begin with? 

Just now, bobness said:

If you don't have faith in your appointments, why hire them to begin with? 

could have been like going to Asda to get a loaf of bread, desperate for a bacon sarnie,  and theres only one left, its slightly out of date and a bit mouldy but what the heck, you need a bacon sandwich

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

could have been like going to Asda to get a loaf of bread, desperate for a bacon sarnie,  and theres only one left, its slightly out of date and a bit mouldy but what the heck, you need a bacon sandwich

This is also our transfer strategy. 

:duntmatter:

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Saving it for the next manager, now he’s realised what a ball he’s dropped with Monk. I wouldn’t authorise him spending money on shoe laces.

I would trust Monk to spend DC's money more wisely than DC. Especially when it comes to buying players. DC has brought more than 55 different players through our club in 5 years. Only a very small percentage of those are still here and all of them have been overpaid for what they have produced.

On 10/03/2020 at 13:10, bobness said:

It's almost as if the person running the club doesn't know what they're doing... 

In terms of finances being tight, in December there was a story that the players hadn't been fully paid. It wouldn't surprise me if this is still ongoing in some capacity, just staff have to be tight-lipped or else be in breach of contract.

If players haven't being paidon time, payed late, or not getting bonuses since December, then it would explain the half/assed commitmentless performance since then. 

I know if Ive not been payed or, getting messed about with my wages I'm not going to be busting a gut.