Dom on Monk not having back room staff..

Scott Cain asks: Has the chairman refused to let monk fetch his own backroom staff in ?? 

DH: Monk spoke at length about this issue last month. He was keen to bring in his own coaching team.

Monk said: “It was a situation where that just wasn’t doable at that point. There are certain reasons for that, which I won’t get in to but, of course, that was the aim, for the staff to come in. But certain situations didn’t allow that.”

Monk said finances played a part.

It is no secret Monk would have liked to have brought in James Beattie but I understand Birmingham City blocked that move.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, bobness said:

What happened to the freed up wages of Bruce, Agnew, and Clemence? 

What happened to the £2m compensation? 

Do you think Monks appointment was merely short term?

Supposedly, he only has a contract until the summer.

Hardly a vote of confidence.

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Do you think Monks appointment was merely short term?

Supposedly, he only has a contract until the summer.

Hardly a vote of confidence.

All the managers under DC have had a rolling 1 year deal.

Absolutely pathetic he hasn’t been allowed to bring his own people in. Finances! fizz me. What about the compo we got from Bruce and the money saved on Bruce’s wages ( reported he was on a lot of money here) and the money saved from the others Steve’s. 

So we can afford to get in Wickham, Windass etc on loan...

We can afford to block exits for Westwood, Rhodes etc....

But not replace some backroom staff when weve lost Agnew and Clemence....let alone Bruce who would obviously have been on more money than Monk. 

Doesn't add up, in fact it stinks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

So we can afford to get in Wickham, Windass etc on loan...

We can afford to block exits for Westwood, Rhodes etc....

But not replace some backroom staff when weve lost Agnew and Clemence....let alone Bruce who would obviously have been on more money than Monk. 

Doesn't add up, in fact it stinks. 

It's almost as if the person running the club doesn't know what they're doing... 

In terms of finances being tight, in December there was a story that the players hadn't been fully paid. It wouldn't surprise me if this is still ongoing in some capacity, just staff have to be tight-lipped or else be in breach of contract.

• Like 1

More crap from DC. Can’t bring back room staff in because of finances. Rubbish. Perhaps if he didn’t block moves for people like Rhodes that could have gone towards it, oh and then they money we got for Bruce and his and the Steve’s wages. He comes out with the whole he has money to put in but he can’t because of FFP etc. Bullsh1t. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bobness said:

It's almost as if the person running the club doesn't know what they're doing... 

In terms of finances being tight, in December there was a story that the players hadn't been fully paid. It wouldn't surprise me if this is still ongoing in some capacity, just staff have to be tight-lipped or else be in breach of contract.

This was a banking issue, nothing to do with the club, the bank apologised after it was sorted.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Scott Cain asks: Has the chairman refused to let monk fetch his own backroom staff in ?? 

DH: Monk spoke at length about this issue last month. He was keen to bring in his own coaching team.

Monk said: “It was a situation where that just wasn’t doable at that point. There are certain reasons for that, which I won’t get in to but, of course, that was the aim, for the staff to come in. But certain situations didn’t allow that.”

Monk said finances played a part.

It is no secret Monk would have liked to have brought in James Beattie but I understand Birmingham City blocked that move.

What situations dont allow a manager to bring in his own team? Money may be one, but what else?

Joke