Barry Bannan “it’s not the points deduction”

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan says the threat of a points deduction hasn’t been the thing that’s rocked Wednesday’s season.

The numbers would appear to back him up.

Wednesday averaged 2 points per game from the date of the EFL charge to Christmas.

we’ve still fallen off a cliff edge since Leeds in January 

as if the club had a bomb given to it for Christmas 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

5 for 50p in Morrisons at the moment - the panicbuyers haven't got to them yet. 

Five would make my turds a bit sticky. Hope there’s plenty of bog roll for that...

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
3 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Anyone would think Bannan was captain. Has Tom Lees had anything at all to say on the current predicament? 

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Tom Lees speak. In fact, maybe he should borrow Stephen Hawking’s voice box now he doesn’t need it...

Guest The Horse
5 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

we’ve still fallen off a cliff edge since Leeds in January 

We managed to quickly grab the Charlton branch on the way down but that snapped and we're now back to full on Wyle E Coyote mode.

20200310_135202.gif.a00cf5e76c0573bab0b6278dc89648d0.gif

2 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

We need a player who will roll up his sleeves and do the necessary steps and go that extra length to don the captain's armband, and we HAVE to take it away from Lees. Give it to Iorfa - one of the few who shows character and commitment despite the shortcomings and failures of all his team mates at the moment. He's shaping up to be a rock in an otherwise shaky foundation, and while he makes mistakes (come on, everyone makes them) he is far better captain material than Lees.

I remember one of the situations v Man City.. we're under pressure, trying to clear it away and it drops to Lees who's late back to our penalty area and all he can do is chest it to luckily fall at the feet off Hunt who was facing the right way. Hunt is under no pressure, but Lees is flapping about with his hands and practically jumping up and down for him to clear it. Hunt had time, but Lees' shot confidence bleeds on to his team mates. Lees intercepted the ball once and was coming out with it, and looked completely lost. He could play Bannan, try a ball down the side to Harris (I think it was?), but he simply stutters and gets dispossessed.

I really hope Börner is fit again and Lees can drop to the bench so that captain's armband is forced off him.

Someone like Hutch do you mean.

• Like 1

Tom Lees is a likeable lad but he's no leader on or off the pitch.

Not his fault he's been made Captain and being subbed at half time against Derby says it all. 

When can you ever remember a captain of any team being withddawn at the interval without being injured ( or in danger of being dismissed )