Barry Bannan “it’s not the points deduction”

Guest wilyfox
36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Dont worry Bazza, we know it isn't that.

It is just the fact that you and the rest of your teammates are cuńts.

Would prefer it if they just didn’t speak to be honest. 

No doubt we’ll get a win soon and they’ll all be plastering stuff on their social media ‘three points, lads put a shift in’ etc. Particularly liked it against City, we lost the game and certain players took to Instagram to show them in action against Aguero and co. Weak mentality. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

1 hour ago, Castleford Owl said:

Anyone would think Bannan was captain. Has Tom Lees had anything at all to say on the current predicament? 

I think it's rather telling, that throughout this whole sorry episode, our club captain has gone missing (on and off the pitch).

We need a player who will roll up his sleeves and do the necessary steps and go that extra length to don the captain's armband, and we HAVE to take it away from Lees. Give it to Iorfa - one of the few who shows character and commitment despite the shortcomings and failures of all his team mates at the moment. He's shaping up to be a rock in an otherwise shaky foundation, and while he makes mistakes (come on, everyone makes them) he is far better captain material than Lees.

I remember one of the situations v Man City.. we're under pressure, trying to clear it away and it drops to Lees who's late back to our penalty area and all he can do is chest it to luckily fall at the feet off Hunt who was facing the right way. Hunt is under no pressure, but Lees is flapping about with his hands and practically jumping up and down for him to clear it. Hunt had time, but Lees' shot confidence bleeds on to his team mates. Lees intercepted the ball once and was coming out with it, and looked completely lost. He could play Bannan, try a ball down the side to Harris (I think it was?), but he simply stutters and gets dispossessed.

I really hope Börner is fit again and Lees can drop to the bench so that captain's armband is forced off him.

Getting all the little snippets day in day out is a tease. 

It's almost like taking a bite out of a jam donut, and waiting to taste the jam. At the moment there's no jam in the donut.

Show me the jam Barry, let me taste the jam!

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

Getting all the little snippets day in day out is a tease. 

It's almost like taking a bite out of a jam donut, and waiting to taste the jam. At the moment there's no jam in the donut.

Show me the jam Barry, let me taste the jam!

I prefer a custard doughnut myself.  Though I have no idea what that might say about our current situation. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Anyone would think Bannan was captain. Has Tom Lees had anything at all to say on the current predicament? 

Nah... Lees would just do a poor attempt of passing all responsibility on to Dawson.

1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

5 for 50p in Morrisons at the moment - the panicbuyers haven't got to them yet. 

And this is where us super-carbed blubbers will come into our own , living off the reserves in our homes,whilst the superfit waste to nothingness fighting it out over the seeds and nuts in the Coronvirus apocalyptic high streets. .

That's what I tell myself anyway.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan says the threat of a points deduction hasn’t been the thing that’s rocked Wednesday’s season.

The numbers would appear to back him up.

Wednesday averaged 2 points per game from the date of the EFL charge to Christmas.

No I think the issue has been the performance from key players like Bannan, Lees, Dawson - the back bone of the team under performing week in week out has been the main issue for the teams slide.

Hutch, Westwood not allowed to play for fitness reason then Bannan is apparently injured or that is his excuse for being gash for the last 3 months, Fletcher, Lee, Luongo, Fox all have been injured more than Westwood and Hutch this season. 

Will be interesting to see who plays the next game, whether the tried and tested failures keep their place or GM actually gives other players a chance as too many of the squad get no chance when other have had more than either chances and shown nothing.

Next game Westwood or Wildsmith, Fox, Borner, Iorfa, Urighide, Fessi, Windass, Hutch, Murphy, Fletcher (if fit), Winnall or Rhodes.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan says the threat of a points deduction hasn’t been the thing that’s rocked Wednesday’s season.

The numbers would appear to back him up.

Wednesday averaged 2 points per game from the date of the EFL charge to Christmas.

So the players have downed tools then basically.