Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For many years I have questioned the ability of football fans to judge reality. People who are highly intelligent people with bags of common sense, seem to lose it all when thinking about their football team. 

Recently we have beat Charlton, the worst team I can recall visiting Hillsborough in many years. Yet many fans couldn’t see that and thought it was the road to recovery.

We only lost by one to City, some fans applauded, even though City were clueless by their standards. 

Why can’t fans judge their own teams performances by the level of the oppositions level of performance? 

Brentford fans sang “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt” which suggests even on a good day for them, they still could see our players hadn’t turned up. 

Which do you think has the most intelligent fans regarding reading a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

For many years I have questioned the ability of football fans to judge reality. People who are highly intelligent people with bags of common sense, seem to lose it all when thinking about their football team. 

Recently we have beat Charlton, the worst team I can recall visiting Hillsborough in many years. Yet many fans couldn’t see that and thought it was the road to recovery.

We only lost by one to City, some fans applauded, even though City were clueless by their standards. 

Why can’t fans judge their own teams performances by the level of the oppositions level of performance? 

Brentford fans sang “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt” which suggests even on a good day for them, they still could see our players hadn’t turned up. 

Which do you think has the most intelligent fans regarding reading a game. 

 

Test your own intelligence first. Do you think Brentford fans were singing that because we didn't turn up or because they were actually enjoying taking the p i s s out of us? 

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this was gonna be a thread about some secret covert branch of supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way they could see we were no op

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

Test your own intelligence first. Do you think Brentford fans were singing that because we didn't turn up or because they were actually enjoying taking the p i s s out of us? 

 

:duntmatter:

Question yours, because that still means they could see we were no opposition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pale Rider said:

Either way they could see we were no op

Question yours, because that still means they could see we were no opposition. 

 

Aye, but admit it. It was a p i s s take, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pale Rider said:

Either way they could see we were no op

Question yours, because that still means they could see we were no opposition. 

its easy to see that when you are thrashing a team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1963owl said:

its easy to see that when you are thrashing a team

Tell you what guys. Thanks for proving my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Tell you what guys. Thanks for proving my point. 

guess im not as intelligent as you lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1963owl said:

guess im not as intelligent as you lol

My point is people are not subjective when it comes to football, not everyday life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused...football intelligence you say. I want to join in, but not sure how,  maybe I've just proved a point for someone, or maybe I haven't, I don't know lol

 

giphy (1).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

My point is people are not subjective when it comes to football, not everyday life. 


we judge a game based on our own performance,irrespective of who we are playing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1963owl said:


we judge a game based on our own performance,irrespective of who we are playing

 

Yes I know that’s the fuuuuccking problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the question, can you simplyfy it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Yes I know that’s the fuuuuccking problem. 

why,if we are rubbish it makes no differerence i we played barca or mansfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

why,if we are rubbish it makes no differerence i we played barca or mansfield

Absolute crape if you play well against a good team you can still get hammered. If you don’t turn up, anything will beat you and that is where we are. We are not turning up for games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Absolute crape if you play well against a good team you can still get hammered. If you don’t turn up, anything will beat you and that is where we are. We are not turning up for games. 

if you play well against any team its unlikely that theyll hammer you mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We pay some of the most inflated prices to watch overpaid blokes kick a ball around a pitch

 

hardly a marker for ‘intelligence’ is it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...