Big Sam

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

Simply that.... A leader, demands respect from the players and takes total charge. Knows the game inside out and has the contacts. 

Monk... Been in the game 5 mins is on his sixth managerial job, no control over the players and has no respect from the players. No contacts not even a sidekick assistant. 

DC should go and get Big Sam as soon as our punishment is found out so that he can build a proper team to face the future challenges. He'd have us in the Premiership sooner than any other manager that's available right now that's for sure. Some might not like his style but let's be honest we're in the championship not the top end of the Premiership so we have to play whatever way is necessary to bring us success as soon as possible. 

wouldn't touch us with a barge pole anyway ! 

While we're going down the if you dont ask you dont get route Has anyone at the club phoned any of theses guys and if not why not 

Sir Alex Ferguson - surely re energised since his break from Man United 

Louis Van Gaal - One last big job in him 

Arsen Wenger - Fed up at Uefa and itching to get back in to club management 

Ron Atkinson - Legendary figure 

Fabio Capallo - poo at international level but could do a job in league 1 and championship 

Giovanni Trapattoni -wealth of experience and would cost nothing to get him out of his retirement home

thats just a few off the top of my head, why is it always left to us fans to point out the obvious to the club :mad:

To succeed at Hillsborough the manager has to have the prefix ‘Big’. That’s why the others have failed - they just don’t sound right:

Big Jos

Big Carlos 

Big Stu

Big Brian ...... and as for Big Tricky Trev and Big Bully.... I rest my case your Honour.

UP THE OWLS!!!!

4 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Big Sam, Pulis and Megson belong in glass display cases in a football museum with a brief description of who they were and what they did back in the day. 

and yet we are storming the league with the young pretenders are we not lol 

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Big Sam, on his own.  Been in the game a long time, would be on his thirteenth managerial position. Would have no control over the team or respect from the players when he starts fining and dropping them for being arses. Plenty of contacts but his only sidekick is Bully as number two because DC won't let him bring anyone in.

Grumbles from the massive about style of play, and paying to see hoofball. Remain mediocre mid table. Don't ship many goals but don't score many either. Lots of draws.

I wonder how that would end. How many calls of clueless, get rid from the faithful within six months.

EFL get wind of brown envelopes changing hands in Shady dealings with far Eastern betting syndicates . EFL charge us, fine us, dock 21 point and he does a 6 month stretch for fraud.

.....can't wait

Fookinell, :1276983839_MonkHome: FFS

5 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Simply that.... A leader, demands respect from the players and takes total charge. Knows the game inside out and has the contacts. 

Monk... Been in the game 5 mins is on his sixth managerial job, no control over the players and has no respect from the players. No contacts not even a sidekick assistant. 

DC should go and get Big Sam as soon as our punishment is found out so that he can build a proper team to face the future challenges. He'd have us in the Premiership sooner than any other manager that's available right now that's for sure. Some might not like his style but let's be honest we're in the championship not the top end of the Premiership so we have to play whatever way is necessary to bring us success as soon as possible. 

Think we need a new owner, club is broken

We desperataly need someone with a bigger profile than any of the players...Bruce was one...Monk isn't cos he carries baggage....

I simply can't think of one that would take it on...Best bet would be Bruce again if and when The Geordies sack him....

Remember it was his dogs fault he went

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Big Sam, on his own.  Been in the game a long time, would be on his thirteenth managerial position. Would have no control over the team or respect from the players when he starts fining and dropping them for being arses. Plenty of contacts but his only sidekick is Bully as number two because DC won't let him bring anyone in.

Grumbles from the massive about style of play, and paying to see hoofball. Remain mediocre mid table. Don't ship many goals but don't score many either. Lots of draws.

I wonder how that would end. How many calls of clueless, get rid from the faithful within six months.

EFL get wind of brown envelopes changing hands in Shady dealings with far Eastern betting syndicates . EFL charge us, fine us, dock 21 point and he does a 6 month stretch for fraud.

.....can't wait

Now you put it like that....it sounds more entertaining than what's currently going off with the club.

1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

and yet we are storming the league with the young pretenders are we not lol 

Trev mate, I wouldn't wish Pulis on the vile

Fans saying no to Allardyce and Pulis. Fans suggesting Kenny Jackett, even Mark Robins. Do they really think any self respecting manager would entertain us with Chansiri running the show. Sorry but it's Monk or Bullen for this season at least and I'd prefer Monk.