I think the biggest challenge for the chairman now is

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats like changing a tyre after your lorry has been totalled and written off after a car crash 

Disagree. What you are suggesting is not changing a tyre when you are all over the road and heading downhill. The crash is still to come.

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Disagree. What you are suggesting is not changing a tyre when you are all over the road and heading downhill. The crash is still to come.

It’s the truck that’s faulty and a crash is inevitable

A bit of metal has come loose on the truck and stabbed into the tyre

The truck is hurtling downhill towards the edge of a cliff

Youre suggesting hanging out of the truck and changing the tyre as it speeds towards the cliff edge at 120 miles per hour 

ps the truck is fully laden with a hundred tonnes of concrete, and the indicators are flashing like mad

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Youre suggesting hanging out of the truck and changing the tyre as it speeds towards the cliff edge at 120 miles per hour 

ps the truck is fully laden with a hundred tonnes of concrete, and the indicators are flashing like mad

You said it was the tyre not the truck  - that's cheating!

You cant change metaphors mid argument to suit your point of view.

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His biggest challenge is to stop it all getting nasty. Because the tide is turning.

Not sure he really cares to be honest. There’s no leadership from him right now. 

Does anyone know where he actually is?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I was struggling to win the debate though 

lol

Maybe changing the tyre will stop us from plunging off the cliff entirely. We could limit the damage to merely being suspended on the edge as in The Italian Job.

Maybe.

Just now, Nero said:

Maybe changing the tyre will stop us from plunging off the cliff entirely. We could limit the damage to merely being suspended on the edge as in The Italian Job.

Maybe.

The EFL have dug a huge trench across the road and the truck is speeding helplessly towards it

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Does anyone know where he actually is?

He's driving a truck down hill with a load of concrete on it apparently. Needs to change the tyre in my opinion. Others see it differently.

• Haha 5

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The EFL have dug a huge trench across the road and the truck is speeding helplessly towards it

Perhaps the EFL would be more helpful if a plan was put in front of them detailing a strategy to manage the losses rather than an arrogant and stubborn chairman trying to prove he is above them?

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the biggest challenge for the chairman right now is that we are in a position this season where the answer ISN’T to throw money at it.

In fact there’s no real way he CAN throw money at it to fix 

That’s the challenge for him.

Throwing cash at problems is something he is very familiar with and knows how to do.

This is where football knowledge, experience, nous, a streetwise outlook, and man management come into play.

On top of that there needs to be a huge communication strategy to keep fans quiet/happier during tough times too.

He can’t/isn’t allowed to throw money at it this season to stop the rot, stop the losses, and keep us up.

Unbelievable, you've got it, at last. DC needs to either sell up to someone more football savvy or  appoint a DOF to run the club, give him a sensible budget to build a good coaching and scouting set up, build a younger side with players that are hungry and ambitious and want to come to us not just for the money. Finally reduce matchday prices to get back supporters who have kept away especially in what is going to be a transition period. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Unbelievable, you've got it, at last. DC needs to either sell up to someone more football savvy or  appoint a DOF to run the club, give him a sensible budget to build a good coaching and scouting set up, build a younger side with players that are hungry and ambitious and want to come to us not just for the money. Finally reduce matchday prices to get back supporters who have kept away especially in what is going to be a transition period. 

He won’t do any of those things. His goal was to buy a football club and get them promoted as soon as possible. It’s backfired, but I just can’t see him changing strategy. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the biggest challenge for the chairman right now is that we are in a position this season where the answer ISN’T to throw money at it.

In fact there’s no real way he CAN throw money at it to fix 

That’s the challenge for him.

Throwing cash at problems is something he is very familiar with and knows how to do.

This is where football knowledge, experience, nous, a streetwise outlook, and man management come into play.

On top of that there needs to be a huge communication strategy to keep fans quiet/happier during tough times too.

He can’t/isn’t allowed to throw money at it this season to stop the rot, stop the losses, and keep us up.

The only challenge Chansiri is now bothered about us seeing how much of his money he can get back.

Which means keeping us up by hook or by crook.

If I was him I would’ve started by making it free tickets anywhere in the ground on Saturday for anybody that has attended a previous home match.

An extraordinary gesture for an extraordinarily bad run.

Try and create some goodwill, a buzz, some atmosphere.

Instead it’s £33-£39 for non-members. 

clueless!

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He won’t do any of those things. His goal was to buy a football club and get them promoted as soon as possible. It’s backfired, but I just can’t see him changing strategy. 

It's up to us to make sure he does or he sells up and clears off, his first bit of change of direction is to bin off paixao.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chuck Norris could get it done

• Haha 1

I have no faith in the leadership of the club but I hope to be proven wrong.

This summer is obviously massive for the club in terms of squad refresh with a large number of players out of contract. There's going to be a big issue in replacing them without too much money available. We should have been planning for this for months now, putting in place a long term recruitment strategy, targeting young and hungry players and those we know are available. I fully expect us to get to 1 July and start thinking then about finding some new players.