I think the biggest challenge for the chairman now is

I think the biggest challenge for the chairman right now is that we are in a position this season where the answer ISN’T to throw money at it.

In fact there’s no real way he CAN throw money at it to fix 

That’s the challenge for him.

Throwing cash at problems is something he is very familiar with and knows how to do.

This is where football knowledge, experience, nous, a streetwise outlook, and man management come into play.

On top of that there needs to be a huge communication strategy to keep fans quiet/happier during tough times too.

He can’t/isn’t allowed to throw money at it this season to stop the rot, stop the losses, and keep us up.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the biggest challenge for the chairman right now is that we are in a position this season where the answer ISN’T to throw money at it.

In fact there’s no real way he CAN throw money at it to fix 

That’s the challenge for him.

This is where football knowledge, experience, nous, a streetwise outlook, and man management come into play.

He can’t/isn’t allowed to throw money at it this season to stop the rot, stop the losses, and keep us up.

There's one sentence in this post where I have spotted a bit of an issue. 

The answer is leadership. He seems to have very little of it and hasn't even put a structure in place where it exists beneath him. 

There's no leadership up and down the club from the pitch to the coaching staff and ultimately in the boardroom. 

Fire sale - that’s his only option.

Terminating contracts of certain “big knobs” and paying redundancies for long serving staff cost money.

Then of course there’s the hopeless and costly wranglings of the inevitable battle to extricate himself from the financial burden of the current relationship with the Blood Sucking Vampires.

There’s always the academy to draw down from no problem ...

... oh wait a minute - seems to have been overlooked in favour of third division signings of Benelux based second team players.

1089C17A-6CE0-4D4F-B667-007031FFBC2E.gif

Edited by F. Spiksley

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

Fire sale - that’s his only option.

Terminating contracts of certain “big knobs” and paying redundancies for long serving staff cost money.

Then of course there’s the hopeless and costly wranglings of the inevitable battle to extricate himself from the financial burden of the current relationship with the Blood Sucking Vampires.

Thetes always the academy to draw down from no problem ...

... oh wait a minute - seems to have been overlooked in favour of third division signings of Benelux based second team players.

1089C17A-6CE0-4D4F-B667-007031FFBC2E.gif

None of that makes a difference to our league finish though and avoiding relegation 

Owlstalk Shop

Agree, spending money is easy (if you have it),  what's needed is a clear, coherent and achievable plan. 

That plan, or at least an outline of it should be shared with fans and goes way further than "we want promotion", because that's just an aspiration backed up with no substance.

Starts with identity, who are we? We're not a family club. A family fun day doesn't make that a reality when the rest of the year, those same people are treated as cash cows to subsidise poor financial decision making. 

It's an effort at times to engage with the club, never before have I felt more like a customer than part of it as a fan. 

It doesn't take much to get me interested, but need something to get behind, right now I'm just clinging to the connection I made in my youth, suffering the experience, rather than enjoying it. 

I don't think DC is capable of evolution, blinded by supreme arrogance, it's his way or F off, don't like it, dont come. 

Edited by striker

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

None of that makes a difference to our league finish though and avoiding relegation 

On reflection i agree with you, fair point. EFL ruling is the main story for this season. Playing side of things is simply chaotic can’t see anything that can be done.

Just now, F. Spiksley said:

On reflection i agree with you, fair point. EFL ruling is the main story for this season. Playing side of things is simply chaotic can’t see anything that can be done.

Even taking away a potential points deduction we are still in freefall

Owlstalk Shop

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Fellow Owls

We are in difficult seas. Our problems with the EFL are well documented, and time will tell if that will lead to a points deduction, a deduction that could well threaten our Championship status

Regardless of whether that status will be maintained, it is clear that our clubs approach is unsustainable given the current rules of FFP, which incorrectly favour clubs with parachute payments. We will continue to challenge that rule, but also recognise there are other factors that must change in order for us to re-establish this great club in the Premier League, a goal which I'm sure we all share.

FFP rules do not prevent us from investment in our academy, or our stadium. I'm today announcing a change of direction for our club.

We will purpose build a new academy, and it will be the best in Yorkshire. We will invest in new pitches, accommodation and leisure facilities that will make our academy one of the very best in the country in order to attract the best prospects from all over the UK.

We will invest heavily in our scouting infrastructure. 

And we will develop the players to deliver our goal, to supplement the first team players we will continue to invest in within the FFP guidelines.

In addition, today I'm announcing that the entire West Stand structure will be demolished this summer and replaced with a new purpose built modern stand to accommodate home fans. This stand will be one of the most modern built in the region and will be the first phase in a redevelopment of Hillsborough to ready it for our return to the Premier League. Once complete, the next phase will be the replacement of the Kop with an identical structure.

All of the above investment will have no impact on our clubs FFP calculation, but we believe it will demonstrate our firm long term commitment to the future of our club.

This process will not be an overnight success. I hope you will be patient with us while we deliver it, and continue to be the very best supporters you can be. 

Be patient not just with me, as I continue to learn what makes a quality chairman. But be patient with our young players who will be the future of our club. Encourage them, don't berate them when they make a mistake

Together, we can all work together to deliver our future as a long term addition to the Premier League

But divided, it is unlikely we will ever return

We are all Wednesday. Aren't we?

Stopping in this league is priority number 1.

He can have an affect on this matter. He firstly needs to somehow bring the club back together as one.

The fans/players/manager/chairman 

He's in charge of the organisation  - time to show some leadership.

I think an olive branch in terms of ticket prices for our remaining games is one of if not the only option. (think of something to appease STH's  - needs must at the minute)

We need to get everyone on board  - despite our different and varied views and make sure we stop up. A positive home atmosphere is one way.