Bannan - Players, not gaffer

“Not good enough, obviously.

We’ve let the club down, let the fans down, let the badge down. There’s not much else I can say really, it was terrible.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, us as players have to start taking the blame now. The manager works hard, day in, day out. It might always come from me, it might sound boring but it’s us on the pitch now.

“You can’t go from playing as well as we did the other night against Manchester City, to coming here today and losing 5-0. It’s not acceptable.  Nobody in that changing room can look themselves in the mirror tonight, we didn’t show up today and that’s what will happen in this league if you don’t.

“The gaffer has been more than fair with people, he’s given everyone a chance. Everyone in the changing room can hold their hands up and say they’ve had a chance.

Our job as players is to go out and win games for this club and we’re not doing it at the minute"

Barry Bannan

Edited by Lord Snooty

9 hours ago, striker said:

Cant we just agree it's all of them, the players, Monk and DC!

We can then get down to the important debate of whose most responsible. I'm going 20% players, 20% Monk and 60% DC :biggrin:

Ive always been an advocate of percentage guilt which I think should be recognised in law in everything from divorce to car accidents to tragedies like the one that happened in our stadium. Trouble is the wife says everything is All My Fault so I’ve not got very far with it. 

Great to have a chance to divvi up the blame - I’m going 

15% Carlos 

20% the backroom staff that crocked half of the players when they were half good

20% the bloke that signed geriatrics like Jones and Abdi

20% DC for not selling as much as bad buying 10% Garry Monk for turning into Jos Luhukay at Christmas

10% The players

& 5% Owlstalk for the campaigns that brought has beens like Rhodes and Wickham to S6.

”we’re all guilty’ but given the only thing that can be changed easily is Monk let’s get the extra 10% we need to escape relegation. 

If we get a points deduction, obviously DC and the recruitment idiot have their percentages increased!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, striker said:

Cant we just agree it's all of them, the players, Monk and DC!

We can then get down to the important debate of whose most responsible. I'm going 20% players, 20% Monk and 60% DC :biggrin:

You’re missing one vital ingredient 😉

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

“Not good enough, obviously.

We’ve let the club down, let the fans down, let the badge down. There’s not much else I can say really, it was terrible.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, us as players have to start taking the blame now. The manager works hard, day in, day out. It might always come from me, it might sound boring but it’s us on the pitch now.

“You can’t go from playing as well as we did the other night against Manchester City, to coming here today and losing 5-0. It’s not acceptable.  Nobody in that changing room can look themselves in the mirror tonight, we didn’t show up today and that’s what will happen in this league if you don’t.

“The gaffer has been more than fair with people, he’s given everyone a chance. Everyone in the changing room can hold their hands up and say they’ve had a chance.

Our job as players is to go out and win games for this club and we’re not doing it at the minute"

Barry Bannan

Hmmm, sounds familiar...

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-players-blame-not-jos-luhukay-insists-barry-bannan-228148

Three goals in 11 second-half minutes consigned Jos Luhukay’s team to a fourth successive Championship defeat when they went down 4-0 at Hillsborough to Norwich City.

Wednesday are now just four points off the relegation zone with a daunting trip to Sheffield United looming on Friday night in the Steel City derby.

Owls fans confronted owner and chairman Dejphon Chansiri outside the stadium, after the match, demanding Dutchman Luhukay – who only arrived in January – be axed.

But Scottish international Bannan believes the players have to share the blame for Wednesday’s current slide.

“You can’t blame the manager,” said the 28-year-old. “We are the 11 players out there. It is not him who is playing the game for us.

“We are all behind the manager. It’s not the manager’s fault. It’s the players who go out there and play week in, week out. It is us who have got to take the flak. We are the ones playing.”

• Thanks 1

I'm going,

20% Paxo for stuffing us with sh!t players on long expensive contracts.

20% Players / who cant / wont play.

20% Monk, habit of picking wrong - uns.

39% Chansiri, for overseeing a debacle.

1%   Us as fans for no shoes off in car park.

6 of the starting 11 against Brentford were post Carlos players. 3 of which were brought in this season.

Our record recruiting decent players since DC dispensed with his advisors and went full Doyen (as perms or loans) is so so at best.

This is why we discuss the same issues season after season. Changing the players is futile until the main issues are rooted out. Especially if at least half of those replacements will inevitablly end up being no better or worse than those who they replace.