Can't trust Monk...

I keep reading how Monk needs to wait until the summer and rebuild. Does anyone really trust him with the club's money. If his January recruits are anything to go by and his view that players like Dawson are worth regular team selection then my opinion is his newly assembled summer squad will be even worse than the dross we've got now. If this is the case he'll not be able to move any if them on and he will have no choice but to keep picking them. The future really does look terrible.

1 minute ago, RevOwl said:

I keep reading how Monk needs to wait until the summer and rebuild. Does anyone really trust him with the club's money. If his January recruits are anything to go by and his view that players like Dawson are worth regular team selection then my opinion is his newly assembled summer squad will be even worse than the dross we've got now. If this is the case he'll not be able to move any if them on and he will have no choice but to keep picking them. The future really does look terrible.

We have money now?

If he was left alone to build a squad around players that he identified and signed himself, I would trust him to the same extent I would any other manager. They all get signings right and some signings wrong. My fear is more to do with the influence that he can exert in the recruitment process. 

5 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

But we can trust you    lol

It doesn't matter who the manager is, they won't be involved in the recruitment.

People forget before when Chansiri took over and brought in CC we were actually going to appoint another chap (forgotten his name) in a 'Head Coach' role and would still recruit for a 'Manager', this was all very public then quickly became hush hush after two senior figures Chansiri had appointment abruptly left. I feel like we've continued with that approach behind the scenes, other bodies making big decisions especially around transfers NOT the manager.

Poch talked about it during his time at Spurs, obviously massive differences between us and them but he mentions how he would always be just a 'Coach' and had no real decisions on who or what they bought/sold into the club...some managers like it others don't. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

It doesn't matter who the manager is, they won't be involved in the recruitment.

People forget before when Chansiri took over and brought in CC we were actually going to appoint another chap (forgotten his name) in a 'Head Coach' role and would still recruit for a 'Manager', this was all very public then quickly became hush hush after two senior figures Chansiri had appointment abruptly left. I feel like we've continued with that approach behind the scenes, other bodies making big decisions especially around transfers NOT the manager.

Poch talked about it during his time at Spurs, obviously massive differences between us and them but he mentions how he would always be just a 'Coach' and had no real decisions on who or what they bought/sold into the club...some managers like it others don't. 

Mark Cooper?

13 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I stopped trusting him when played Forestieri at left wing back then a few games later put Pelupessy at other wing back.

...played 3 new loanees who'd never played together at Barnsley... didn't work, (what a surprise!) then promptly dropped 'em again.

Same match swapped his midfield 'lynchpin' (JP!!) at half time.

Couldn't formulate a plan if his life depended on it.

Terrible manager.