Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Socialist_Owl said:

Adored by Bruce?

 

That's a bit much

 

Was Bruce here long enough to know who he was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

It doesn't matter who the manger is if he's not allowed to manage.


does the manger play away?

Edited by Salmonbones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


I know this doesn’t suit your agenda, but Clare wasn’t frozen out. He got injured and needed surgery.

 

He returned to fitness after the end of the season.

 

Given that you are ‘fairly sure’ of the above...I think we can just forget what you said seeing as you got this one completely wrong.

 

Please feel free to carry on an resume with your pitchfork protest.

 

Edit: also pretty sure McGugan fell out with Carlos...done ever so well in his career since has McGugan

 

Is this the same Lewis McGugan that fell out with every single Nottingham Forest manager during his time there, plus the Watford managers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's gonna be a tough few years that's for sure innit

 

lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, katie melua said:

 

 

Is this the same Lewis McGugan that fell out with every single Nottingham Forest manager during his time there, plus the Watford managers?


Think that was his point.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, katie melua said:

 

 

Is this the same Lewis McGugan that fell out with every single Nottingham Forest manager during his time there, plus the Watford managers?


Yep. And the same one that no-one will Touch with a barge pole now unfortunately 

 

Go and read what Paul McKenna said about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

At the beginning of the season I thought it was a shame that Hutchinson was in the side as Luongo offered much more of an attacking threat from midfield.

 

Would play both hutch and luongo tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:


Yep. And the same one that no-one will Touch with a barge pole now unfortunately 

 

Go and read what Paul McKenna said about him.

He said he was immune to hypnotism? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cowl said:

 

???

 

I'm not able to just exclude reports, I know that much.

You would hope as a manager in the public eye that two of your highest paid assets would be adult enough to not need managing.. wouldn't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 83owl said:

He said he was immune to hypnotism? 


No he said he played like he was hypnotised.

 

Every time someone shouted ‘run’ he stopped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, modboy said:

 

Would play both hutch and luongo tbh

 

Same, with instructions to flick Bannan's ears if he drops past the halfway line!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


Yep. And the same one that no-one will Touch with a barge pole now unfortunately 

 

Go and read what Paul McKenna said about him.

 

Yep, the one that a former manager of Nottingham Forest was desperate to sign whilst at another club.

 

After he left, he was relieved he didn't sign him as would have destroyed the morale within the club he previously managed. 

 

Even Billy Davies has some interesting things to say about McGugans levels of fitness in particular. 

 

 

 

Edited by katie melua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


I know this doesn’t suit your agenda, but Clare wasn’t frozen out. He got injured and needed surgery.

 

He returned to fitness after the end of the season.

 

Given that you are ‘fairly sure’ of the above...I think we can just forget what you said seeing as you got this one completely wrong.

 

Please feel free to carry on an resume with your pitchfork protest.

 

Edit: also pretty sure McGugan fell out with Carlos...done ever so well in his career since has McGugan

Clare was frozen out long before his injury at the end of that season. In fact he was 'unfrozen' about two days before his debut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Clare was frozen out long before his injury at the end of that season. In fact he was 'unfrozen' about two days before his debut.


Hold on, you said Clare didn’t get back in?
 

It’s all Slovenia / Slovakia to me.

Edited by McRightSide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cowl said:

 

I expect the manger to mange the players. The nice guys and the not so nice guys.

 

I assume there's disagreements and flashpoints regularly amongst the players. Just excluding players and thinking there'll be no repercussions if the player has any kind of popularity or respect within the dressing room is the only thing that's naive here.

 

Have you ever thought that this was the final straw after a number of indiscretions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Clare was frozen out long before his injury at the end of that season. In fact he was 'unfrozen' about two days before his debut.


I realize that ‘frozen out’ means on loan at another club.

 

And then pretty much straight back into our squad on his return, and then starting games, and then suffering a season ending injury.

 

So yeah, like you said DC froze him out and he didn’t get back in.

 

 

 

 

Edited by McRightSide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve conceded as many goals in the last 3 weeks as Westwood did from the start of the season up to almost the end of November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:


I realize that ‘frozen out’ means on loan at another club.

 

And then pretty much straight back into our squad on his return, and then starting games, and then suffering a season ending injury.

 

So yeah, like you said DC froze him out and he didn’t get back in.

 

 

 

 

Clare was offered a new contract, there was a delay in him signing it and he was told he couldn't go back to Gillingham or play here unless he signed.

 

Two days before his debut there was a big U-Turn because Abdi got injured, so Clare came in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me nearly 3 years to weed the bad seeds out of my business.. but after a lot a pain and £££ the business took off like a hot air balloon..

Unless you've done it you can't know what a few (3 in my case) can do to infect and impact what you're trying to achieve in a negative way...they f*ck you up man and it's not cool..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KivoOwl said:

Clare was offered a new contract, there was a delay in him signing it and he was told he couldn't go back to Gillingham or play here unless he signed.

 

Two days before his debut there was a big U-Turn because Abdi got injured, so Clare came in.

 


That's 100% bang on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...