Sam Hutchinson

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Then what

Then try to get a proper manager to rebuild, bring in his own staff and put him in charge.  By proper manager I mean somebody who can command respect and has experience and a successful track record, like Bruce.

Just now, Tyto Alba said:

Then try to get a proper manager to rebuild, bring in his own staff and put him in charge.  By proper manager I mean somebody who can command respect and has experience and a successful track record, like Bruce.

Who's gonna appoint him?

Is the person appointing managers someone with a proven track record?

Is there a proven track record of allowing managers to bring their own staff?

What then?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the point he was making is one you've missed there mate

Not really, none of those were really worthy of progression at Hillsborough.

I am fully aware of the agenda here, I chose to ignore it.

2 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

That is the issue.

We need a manager, not a head coach.

We haven't had a manager really since - when?   Laws?   

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's a pity that players who under perform cant be made redundant like the Normal people of this world, then SOME of these players could have replaced by better professionals.

You can't make people redundant for under performance.  Also you don't make people redundant, you make roles redundant.  So unless we are going to play without a goal keeper, we'd be struggling to make Westwood redundant!

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

In my opinion, I don't care what Hutchinson is like off the pitch.

He could be an absolute weapon, or he could be a delightful man. 

What I care about is how he is on the pitch. And I've never not seen him give his all. He'll pick up bookings and he might get injuries, but he's always in the battle, and that's what we've missed.

Monk should put personal issues with any player aside if it brings better results on the pitch. 

30 minutes ago, cowl said:

And you seem to find it plausible that problem players once excluded continue to cause a problem.

Just what is it do you think they're doing that they could exert so much mayhem.

Gullible.

This just sums up the absolute stupidity/naivety of football fans to think that "play the best players and you win" is the solution.  They seem to think that it's as simple as turn up on Saturday, pick the best 11 and off you go.  It's almost like none of them have ever worked anywhere that has people who cause trouble.  A football squad is a really small core of people, you've got maybe 30 people all thrown together every day at work.  And just like every work place there will be fall outs, disagreements, confrontation and unresolvable differences.  To think that footballers and managers can just ignore all this and play the "best" 11 is ludicrous. 

Genuinely if I were Monk now, I'd throw those 2 right under the bus.  I'd name them in the squad, and when they don't turn up, let them explain to the fans what's gone off!

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Frozen out by Jos & Monk, adored by Carlos & Bruce.

Probably the most inspirational story of a footballer in the division and gives 110% every match, plays each game like it's his last and very public about his love for the club ...qualities we could use right about now.

Can somebody explain to me why he is being given the cold shoulder? 

Not a high earner

Not trying to force a move elsewhere

Not a bad role model

Not toxic towards the fans

No better alternative in the squad

Regardless of what the future holds, it makes me sad to see him being treated like this...very inspirational figure for me.

Ahhhhs thaaaaa know?

• Like 1

Thorniley was frozen out like Hirst and Clare, because he didn't sign a contract put in front of him.

He relented and got back in, Hirst and Clare didn't. 

McGugan had a fall out with the chairman and didn't play again.

All of the above I'm fairly sure of. By that I mean I trust the person who told me.

Westwood and Hutch, I don't know. But there's a pattern.

Edited by KivoOwl

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Thorniley was frozen out like Hirst and Clare, because he didn't sign a contract put in front of him.

He relented and got back in, Hirst and Clare didn't. 

McGugan had a fall out with the chairman and didn't play again.

All of the above I'm fairly sure of. By that I mean I trust the person who told me.

Westwood and Hutch, I don't know.

I know this doesn’t suit your agenda, but Clare wasn’t frozen out. He got injured and needed surgery.

He returned to fitness after the end of the season.

Given that you are ‘fairly sure’ of the above...I think we can just forget what you said seeing as you got this one completely wrong.

Please feel free to carry on an resume with your pitchfork protest.

Edit: also pretty sure McGugan fell out with Carlos...done ever so well in his career since has McGugan

Edited by McRightSide

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

This just sums up the absolute stupidity/naivety of football fans to think that "play the best players and you win" is the solution.  They seem to think that it's as simple as turn up on Saturday, pick the best 11 and off you go.  It's almost like none of them have ever worked anywhere that has people who cause trouble.  A football squad is a really small core of people, you've got maybe 30 people all thrown together every day at work.  And just like every work place there will be fall outs, disagreements, confrontation and unresolvable differences.  To think that footballers and managers can just ignore all this and play the "best" 11 is ludicrous. 

Genuinely if I were Monk now, I'd throw those 2 right under the bus.  I'd name them in the squad, and when they don't turn up, let them explain to the fans what's gone off!

I expect the manger to mange the players. The nice guys and the not so nice guys.

I assume there's disagreements and flashpoints regularly amongst the players. Just excluding players and thinking there'll be no repercussions if the player has any kind of popularity or respect within the dressing room is the only thing that's naive here.

5 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Monk, as Luhukay, obviously can’t handle big characters like Hutchinson and Westwood. 

or perhaps they can ... so off to the naughty step they trot ... one of them twice, the other only once 

and for balance, I’m no fan of Jos and Garry as tacticians or motivators 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

Just now, cowl said:

I expect the manger to mange the players. The nice guys and the not so nice guys.

I assume there's disagreements and flashpoints regularly amongst the players. Just excluding players and thinking there'll be no repercussions if the player has any kind of popularity or respect within the dressing room is the only thing that's naive here.

I"m guessing you've never been a manager in your profession then?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, cowl said:

Clearly a few are moping around since their mates got sacked off.

Liam Palmer at #1 on that list IMO