Sam Hutchinson

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

End of the day Pelupessy is ONLY playing because of whatever Hutchinson did before he cleared off 

And Dawson is ONLY playing because of Westwood's antics

That's the truth

Not quite.  They are ONLY playing because Monk has reacted to Hutchinson and Westwood by freezing them out.  It's a luxury he can't afford, he should have played his best team until the end of the season and then taken whatever disciplinary or other action that was necessary.   He's painted himself into a corner now and can't pick them without losing face.  There was no need for that he could have insisted they behave professionally and played them...he would have emerged much better.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So you are saying that our players can do ANYTHING so long as they play ok on matchdays?

How do you manage to get ‘ANYTHING’ from what I've written?

I expect a manager to manage the players, not just ones he finds the easiest to do so and sack the rest off.

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

Not quite.  They are ONLY playing because Monk has reacted to Hutchinson and Westwood by freezing them out.  It's a luxury he can't afford, he should have played his best team until the end of the season and then taken whatever disciplinary or other action that was necessary.   He's painted himself into a corner now and can't pick them without losing face.  There was no need for that he could have insisted they behave professionally and played them...he would have emerged much better.

Maybe Monk has zero say over disciplinary proceedings against players etc

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't play Hutchinson though

He's literally GONE as in not here anymore

So are we saying that that JP is now a permanent fixture, however bad things get.

I dont disagree with the exclusion of SH. But JP is not of the right standard.

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I think this whole fiasco freezing players out is bordering on the reckless. 

It's the nuclear option, and all Monk's proven is that he should be nowhere near the red button.

Edited by cowl

Very strange going ons at Wednesday. There’s obviously issues with both Westwood and Hutchinson as Monk has done exactly what Jos did.

However, you’ve now got a goalkeeper in Dawson who is completely shot and needs taking out of the firing line for the good of the lad and you’ve got Joey who would struggle to get in an average league 1 side. Throw Da Cruz into the equation who looks a development player at best and there’s absolutely no wonder we are getting hammered. 

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So are we saying that that JP is now a permanent fixture, however bad things get.

I dont disagree with the exclusion of SH. But JP is not of the right standard.

God knows mate

Think we're out of options really

It's gonna be a tough few weeks that's for sure innit

lol

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

God knows mate

Think we're out of options really

It's gonna be a tough few weeks that's for sure innit

lol

This season we are what we are, but no matter what division we are in - that kid who showed so much desire and so much passion needs to be the future, not Pelupessy.

I know he's only 19 and looks about 12 but right now, he is the future and has shown up a lot of pro footballers in terms of desire recently.

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Frozen out by the two biggest yes men we've ever employed...

McGugan, Hirst, Clare, Thorniley, Hutchinson, Westwood.

All frozen out at different times, under different managers.

To be honest, you chose six players who don't prove your point at all.   Four of those have not achieved anything after leaving us and it's to be determined what level the other two will play at after they leave us.  I would suggest both will probably retire.

Clare currently is the only one really doing anything, and he is now playing right back.

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Would have anyone of them played under Jack Charlton Lee?  First one to give it the Big I am would have been chinned

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Thorniley was frozen out due to ability, not any personal stuff unless I’ve missed something? 

Clare - contract dispute wasn’t it? Then he left 

Hutch & Westwood - nobbers 

Tbh I don’t need to know the reasons they’ve been exiled. If a professional football club feels they’ve acted in such a serious way that they need to be banished then I trust them on that decision.

It’s like people think all humans are saints 

Edited by FreshOwl

Just now, Salmonbones said:

To be honest, you chose six players who don't prove your point at all.   Four of those have not achieved anything after leaving us and it's to be determined what level the other two will play at after they leave us.  I would suggest both will probably retire.

Clare currently is the only one really doing anything, and he is now playing right back.

I think the point he was making is one you've missed there mate

Owlstalk Shop