Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


He was a right conman who should have got promoted with the resources poured all over him by our chairman

He was literally dripping in talent and yet failed massively

Not just that but we are still choked by the culture he instilled amongst the players


 

All about opinions but I think he overachieved with the 2015 2016 squad.  Ironically the over recruitment following that year ruined the squad and the club’s finances and probably made it harder for CC to succeed. I’m not saying CC wasn’t without fault by any means. I also wouldn’t know where the blame should lie for the crazy recruitment carried out in the 16/17 season. I do believe that the recruitment for that season has put us back years and probably ruined any chance DC had of making a success  with our club.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2020 at 16:44, @owlstalk said:

 

 

*bangs head on desk*

*repeatedly*

remember that post I put in about a colouring book and some crayons the other week, well it's not 'too late'.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lest we forget, CC also continually picked players who were quite clearly nowhere near 100% fit, which resulted in Fletcher, Forestieri and Lee all missing the vast majority of the following season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

All about opinions but I think he overachieved with the 2015 2016 squad.  Ironically the over recruitment following that year ruined the squad and the club’s finances and probably made it harder for CC to succeed. I’m not saying CC wasn’t without fault by any means. I also wouldn’t know where the blame should lie for the crazy recruitment carried out in the 16/17 season. I do believe that the recruitment for that season has put us back years and probably ruined any chance DC had of making a success  with our club.


yes and the opinion that mattered most was Carlos. His opinion was he couldn’t motivate half his squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingsidney said:


yes and the opinion that mattered most was Carlos. His opinion was he couldn’t motivate half his squad. 

 

I think that motivation would be an issue within most squads that get too big. On an amateur level anyone who’s played any kind of team sport knows how frustrating it can become when a squad gets too large. I would have thought mid 20s should be the max for any first team squad; I reckon CC was trying to keep way more than that happy during the 16/17 season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Lest we forget, CC also continually picked players who were quite clearly nowhere near 100% fit, which resulted in Fletcher, Forestieri and Lee all missing the vast majority of the following season.

Makes you wonder why now doesn't it. Perhaps he only had certain players he could rely on to carry out his instructions properly. May also explain why half the signings he made didnt really feature that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what has actually gone off with SH.

 

As others have pointed out, he's literally left the club and the area - his house was put up for sale weeks ago (and still is)

 

£975,000 for anybody that's interested :Chansiri:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 


Can't believe you're still arguing this when Carlos HIMSELF said he did it

 

lol

 

I havnt seen anything that said he left the back ups to rot  ....you show that I'll back down  ...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I havnt seen anything that said he left the back ups to rot  ....you show that I'll back down  ...  

 


You will have seen it when it was debated at length on here over and over


You do the work and dig back if your memory has failed you - I'm listening to the budget

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 


You will have seen it when it was debated at length on here over and over


You do the work and dig back if your memory has failed you - I'm listening to the budget

 

lol

 

Must be right if it was said on here.... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, torryowl said:

I havnt seen anything that said he left the back ups to rot  ....you show that I'll back down  ...  

 

Can you read? Or are you just stupid?

I posted Carlos’s interview. It’s been requoted numerous times.  
 

Here’s  one More. Maybe get an adult to help you with the big words. 
 

Carlos Carvalhal has suggested that he may not have been able to get the best out of Sheffield Wednesday's now-needed fringe players, which became a factor in his Christmas Eve departure. 

 

The Portuguese was unveiled as the new Swansea City boss on Thursday just a few days after leaving the Owls after two-and-a-half years in charge and was offering his reasons why things had not worked out in his third season at the club. 

 

After two play-off finishes in his first two years, Carvahal left Wednesday with just six wins this campaign and on a run of seven games without success.

As he had done in the weeks leading up to his exit, Carvalhal cited injuries as an issue but hinted that a reliance on a settled team previous to losing so many players meant that he had to look towards those who had been on the sidelines for some time.

 

And the head coach said he felt a new man might be able to better motivate those players.

 

"If you analyse it is easy to explain (why things hadn't worked out), " he said at the press conference to announce his arrival at the Liberty Stadium.

 

"We did not win for seven games, but if you look at the team I had in the play-off final at Wembley, seven of those players were out injured, with surgeries

"Then there was Steven Fletcher and George Boyd so I was without nine first-team players.

 

"With the other players, they have value, but the dynamic was different and they knew they were second choice and would not play if the others recovered.

"That is why I spoke to the chairman, we needed to win games urgently and probably another coach will make these players feel like they are the first options while the others are injured. It was very difficult in these moments."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2020 at 17:18, @owlstalk said:

 

 

You could also argue (very strongly) that Carlos put in place the very culture that is killing SWFC at the moment


You could also argue DJ was in fact a builder and put in place a lot of good things he does not get credit for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingsidney said:

 

Can you read? Or are you just stupid?

I posted Carlos’s interview. It’s been requoted numerous times.  
 

Here’s  one More. Maybe get an adult to help you with the big words. 
 

Carlos Carvalhal has suggested that he may not have been able to get the best out of Sheffield Wednesday's now-needed fringe players, which became a factor in his Christmas Eve departure. 

 

The Portuguese was unveiled as the new Swansea City boss on Thursday just a few days after leaving the Owls after two-and-a-half years in charge and was offering his reasons why things had not worked out in his third season at the club. 

 

After two play-off finishes in his first two years, Carvahal left Wednesday with just six wins this campaign and on a run of seven games without success.

As he had done in the weeks leading up to his exit, Carvalhal cited injuries as an issue but hinted that a reliance on a settled team previous to losing so many players meant that he had to look towards those who had been on the sidelines for some time.

 

And the head coach said he felt a new man might be able to better motivate those players.

 

"If you analyse it is easy to explain (why things hadn't worked out), " he said at the press conference to announce his arrival at the Liberty Stadium.

 

"We did not win for seven games, but if you look at the team I had in the play-off final at Wembley, seven of those players were out injured, with surgeries

"Then there was Steven Fletcher and George Boyd so I was without nine first-team players.

 

"With the other players, they have value, but the dynamic was different and they knew they were second choice and would not play if the others recovered.

"That is why I spoke to the chairman, we needed to win games urgently and probably another coach will make these players feel like they are the first options while the others are injured. It was very difficult in these moments."

 

.I don't see anything in that statement where he said that he lets players rot  …….maybe I am stupid but just show me something where he says it …..you said it not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.I don't see anything in that statement where he said that he lets players rot  …….maybe I am stupid but just show me something where he says it …..you said it not me.


 

Stop clinging on

 

Youre sinking here 

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


 

Stop clinging on

 

Youre sinking here 

 

lol

 

I don't think so …….the poster  said he let players rot and I'll never go along with that ...apart from mcgugan who did he let rot ? I keep asking this and never get an answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't think so …….the poster  said he let players rot and I'll never go along with that ...apart from mcgugan who did he let rot ? I keep asking this and never get an answer 

fizz me it’s like talking to a child. 
 

Read the flipping quote
 

anyone not in the playoff final was a second class citizen to your hero.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingsidney said:

fizz me it’s like talking to a child. 
 

Read the flipping quote
 

anyone not in the playoff final was a second class citizen to your hero.  

my hero? I don't have hero's .I thought he was  crap and happy when he went …….your the one who shot your mouth off saying he let players rot and yet you cant give me any names .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, torryowl said:

my hero? I don't have hero's .I thought he was  crap and happy when he went …….your the one who shot your mouth off saying he let players rot and yet you cant give me any names .


I give up your obviously a little slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingsidney said:


I give up your obviously a little slow. 

so you cant name one …..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

so you cant name one …..


I’ll say this really slowly for you. It’s a quote.  You know a thing directly from carlos’s own mouth 

 

anyone not in the play off final team!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...