Sam Hutchinson

9 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

While you are at it, let's bring back Waddle, he is still playing and so should be match fit.

FFS, look to the future, not the past.

He would still put this lot to shame. Would rather watch the messiah now than players who can't even control or pass the ball properly!

16 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

You can't make people redundant for under performance.  Also you don't make people redundant, you make roles redundant.  So unless we are going to play without a goal keeper, we'd be struggling to make Westwood redundant!

This just sums up the absolute stupidity/naivety of football fans to think that "play the best players and you win" is the solution.  They seem to think that it's as simple as turn up on Saturday, pick the best 11 and off you go.  It's almost like none of them have ever worked anywhere that has people who cause trouble.  A football squad is a really small core of people, you've got maybe 30 people all thrown together every day at work.  And just like every work place there will be fall outs, disagreements, confrontation and unresolvable differences.  To think that footballers and managers can just ignore all this and play the "best" 11 is ludicrous. 

Genuinely if I were Monk now, I'd throw those 2 right under the bus.  I'd name them in the squad, and when they don't turn up, let them explain to the fans what's gone off!

Ok.

When a firm in the normal world is in financial trouble they lay people off, I have suffered it twice in my working life, to make end's meet.

I know Footballers are on contracts, so was I, but not from a different world.

Ive been told and read on a couple of other sites that after the QPR game there was an argument between Monk and Hutchinson and one of them hit the deck. Wont say who I was told it was but one of them is still here and the other isnt.. Might be a load of crap might not

Couldn’t agree more. I mentioned in another thread that fair enough, if things are going well and you are in a good position in the league and if he is a bad influence etc then most fans may accept this. The fact is, we have no capable replacement for him, not even close. the recurring theme over the last few weeks is that players haven’t shown character, or aren’t worthy of their short - and monk has expressed this himself. Sam Hutchinson has character and passion in abundance, arguably the most in this squad, another cracking decision by monk to exclude him. Absolutely ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Couldn’t agree more. I mentioned in another thread that fair enough, if things are going well and you are in a good position in the league and if he is a bad influence etc then most fans may accept this. The fact is, we have no capable replacement for him, not even close. the recurring theme over the last few weeks is that players haven’t shown character, or aren’t worthy of their short - and monk has expressed this himself. Sam Hutchinson has character and passion in abundance, arguably the most in this squad, another cracking decision by monk to exclude him. Absolutely ridiculous 

Jesus christ

Owlstalk Shop

Always aggressive. 

Wears his heart on his sleeve. 

Gives 100% when on the pitch. 

Came from a winning culture at the time at Chelsea. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's upset a few of the wet blankets and coasters having a go at them and alienated himself from half the team,so got put on the nought step. 

11 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Always aggressive. 

Wears his heart on his sleeve. 

Gives 100% when on the pitch. 

Came from a winning culture at the time at Chelsea. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's upset a few of the wet blankets and coasters having a go at them and alienated himself from half the team,so got put on the nought step. 

How often is that?.

Do you have a go on the lottery concerning how long before he is either Booked, Sent or carried off?.

That's the crux of it, we need players who can contribute to the majority of the games we play, sadly that has not been the case over the last few years for Hutch or Westwood, Lee, FF etc.

21 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

We miss Luongo right now more than Hutchinson.

Reach as well.

And before anyone starts banging on about how nesh he is, I've never, ever seen him hide on the football pitch.

2 hours ago, darra said:

Ive been told and read on a couple of other sites that after the QPR game there was an argument between Monk and Hutchinson and one of them hit the deck. Wont say who I was told it was but one of them is still here and the other isnt.. Might be a load of crap might not

Allegedly this isn't so but involved a transfer deal falling through 

56 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How often is that?.

Do you have a go on the lottery concerning how long before he is either Booked, Sent or carried off?.

That's the crux of it, we need players who can contribute to the majority of the games we play, sadly that has not been the case over the last few years for Hutch or Westwood, Lee, FF etc.

Not been sent off for over 2 seasons. Meanwhile, Lluongo has been an injury free ever present. 

• Like 1

Is anyone actually saying Hutch is a world beater?

I think the majority are saying he's MILES better than anyone currently in the team. He was pretty much available for every game this season (Played 23+) and that was when we had a decent run of form.

Dropping him entirely from the squad doesn't make sense unless we replaced him. We didn't and instead chose to sign 3 strikers; one of which is on huge wages.

It's the same as Winnall. He started away at Leeds which was a great performance, scored against QPR in the cup and then was completely shafted from the squad.

The decisions by Monk have been bizarre and it's clear the harmony of the squad has been impacted. There's deeper rooted concerns but let's be real none of these were coming to a head when we were 3rd in the League.  

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine your workplace

You get on with your workmates (some of em anyway) and go on social nights out, you invite them to your house to play FIFA, and go out to clubs with them.

A new manager comes to your work and things kick off and those two mates of yours are sacked

Do you/they immediately cease all contact with you?

If Hutchinson and Westwoods mates in the team are taking their side and under-performing why does Monk keep picking the same squad? Dawson surely isn't included in this, he could drop him for Wildsmith based on recent performances? How many others are siding with Westwood and Hutchinson? Given how bad we are surely he could drop them and pick from the players that aren't on their side, the academy and the 3 loan players? Can't do much worse than being beaten by half-time every weekend.

We can stand by our principles as much as we want and do what's morally right, but if we're deducted points and are in a dog fight, the past results will speak for themselves and the mood amongst the fans will get worse. Whether we like it or not, our form was considerably better with Westwood and Hutch in the team. If they've behaved badly then there's a case for dropping them but not at the expense of relegation. Personally I'd bite my tongue and pick them if I thought it would improve results.