Sam Hutchinson

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

In short yes.. I work in the city. Some of my bosses are total c*nts and p*ss everyone off but they bring in revenue so what they say goes. You’re basically saying we should bin off the revenue earners because we don’t like them and just go with the people who want to be here, who can’t actually make the business function

its all about 3 points on a Saturday afternoon.. don’t care less if Westwood and Hutchinson have a 3 way

with Monk’s missus after the game every week as long as we win

C1B8E6F5-E254-473E-9455-43FD5806E70B.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I seem to have missed the part of this scenario where Westwood and Hutchinson guarantee us victories.  I seem to remember people falling over themselves to crucify Westwood after a game (Swansea at home?) where he'd made ANOTHER costly error. The call was that Dawson should be given a chance as he couldn't be any worse.

Hutch is a different prospect.  He's a crowd pleaser because he does the showy stuff.  The fractional leg breaking tackles, the agro with opposition.  But it inevitably ends in a booking and/or injury.  He was also in and out of the team before his apparent indiscretion.

I just don't understand the obsession our fans have with these two in particular who've now twice fallen foul of managers.  Players who can't follow rules will always fall foul of managers who want to instil a level of discipline.  

There MUST be a reason that Westwood hasn't been able to get in the Ireland team when he's consistently been the best 'keeper available.  That's under 2/3 different managers too.  I'm not saying there's no smoke without fire, but something smells hot!

Just peruse the results after Christmas after they had been bombed out. 

Lots of people in this thread hinting they know why Hutchinson and Westwood are frozen out but no real answers. All supposition and guesswork. If you know stand on!! 
One especially ,reads  a thread, and then start to post what he thinks is popular in order to get plusses. Like a panelist on Question time. 

7 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Lots of people in this thread hinting they know why Hutchinson and Westwood are frozen out but no real answers. All supposition and guesswork. If you know stand on!! 
One especially ,reads  a thread, and then start to post what he thinks is popular in order to get plusses. Like a panelist on Question time. 

There frozen out for same reason they was under Luhukay, they train as and when they see fit and the manager doesn’t want to pick players who don’t train 

2 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Presumably Pellupessy and Dawson

train every day then. Thank god for that.  

Kick and scream about it all ya like , end of day if Westwood and Hutchinson was fighting for there shirts neither of the above you mention would be playing 

That’s the bottom line 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Kick and scream about it all ya like , end of day if Westwood and Hutchinson was fighting for there shirts neither of the above you mention would be playing 

That’s the bottom line 

I thought that was actually one of the rumours about Hutchinson anyway - that he swung at Monk.

Perhaps he only finds himself excluded now because he missed and so Monk realised how useless he'd be in a relegation fight?

Guest The Horse

After Hutchinson's career was basically over and he was looking into the abyss of having to live a normal life like us mere mortals, you'd think he'd be counting his lucky stars every day that SWFC took a gamble on him and gave him the hand he needed to resurrect his career.

Not throw it all away.

But then again, most footballers are thick as mince and as self absorbed as teenage girls.

6 minutes ago, The Horse said:

After Hutchinson's career was basically over and he was looking into the abyss of having to live a normal life like us mere mortals, you'd think he'd be counting his lucky stars every day that SWFC took a gamble on him and gave him the hand he needed to resurrect his career.

Not throw it all away.

But then again, most footballers are thick as mince and as self absorbed as teenage girls.

Does seem odd. That it is twice now that it has happened under two different managers. Perhaps him and Westwood voiced to many opinions about the going ons at Wednesday and are paying the price.

14 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

There frozen out for same reason they was under Luhukay, they train as and when they see fit and the manager doesn’t want to pick players who don’t train 

Rightly so. Neither are world beaters, both were slated not long ago for poor performances. 

Edited by Andrew6666

Guest The Horse
20 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Does seem odd. That it is twice now that it has happened under two different managers. Perhaps him and Westwood voiced to many opinions about the going ons at Wednesday and are paying the price.

Possibly.

What a twist it would be if Hutch & Westwood actually did have the best interests of the club at heart and couldn't just keep their mouths shut at what was happening above them.

Then DC and stuffing boy get them silenced and sidelined for their impudence.

Actually, nah.

That's a crap theory otherwise they wouldn't have got another chance again under Bullen and Monk when he arrived.

Horse, you're talking drunk again and contradicting yourself.

Conclusion - ungrateful bad apples with ego problems.

I wouldn't eat a sugar lump if they offered it to me.

35 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Possibly.

What a twist it would be if Hutch & Westwood actually did have the best interests of the club at heart and couldn't just keep their mouths shut at what was happening above them.

Then DC and stuffing boy get them silenced and sidelined for their impudence.

Actually, nah.

That's a crap theory otherwise they wouldn't have got another chance again under Bullen and Monk when he arrived.

Horse, you're talking drunk again and contradicting yourself.

Conclusion - ungrateful bad apples with ego problems.

I wouldn't eat a sugar lump if they offered it to me.

We are painting them both as the bad guys with no actual proof they are the bad guys. 

I would agree they probably have been a nuisance to the both Monk and Jos in some way. But maybe for not the reasons we may think. 

Had results improved under both managers when both were excluded then fair enough. but on both occasions they haven't. 

Perhaps these are just the first two to call out the problems and slowly the rest of the players follow suit. 

What's the betting Bullen gets caretaker role before the end of the season both these two are back.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

all the answers are there ... do a bit of detective work 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

*bangs head on desk*

*repeatedly*

Sorry your ed is sore. I have no idea why Sam is being frozen out. Living in the USA makes it impossible at times to get the "real" news. So after you stop banging your ed, maybe you could share the news on Sam being frozen out.

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I can’t speak about Westwood but I have a very similar degenerative knee problem to Sam. 100% should it be down to him if he trains or not. Nobody else experiences his pain, knows how long it lasts and understands how he needs to time it so he’s pain free enough to play in games. If this is why GM has ostracised him i’m afraid it’s miss management of the highest order. 

Edited by Bukta

11 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I can’t speak about Westwood but I have a very similar degenerative knee problem to Sam. 100% should it be down to him if he trains or not. Nobody else experiences his pain, knows how long it lasts and understands how he needs to time it so he’s pain free enough to play in games. If this is why GM has ostracised him i’m afraid it’s miss management of the highest order. 

*mis

• Thanks 1