Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

 

Centre half, it's where he stands most games!

 

Ah, beat me to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Because at least he can offload the problem players


So not responsible now but then responsible next season?

 

Just workin on getting a little clarity on where I need to turn my negativity towards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Because at least he can offload the problem players

What problems did/are they causing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


So not responsible now but then responsible next season?

 

Just workin on getting a little clarity on where I need to turn my negativity towards

 

Just keep it focused on Pelupessy and Dawson.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

 

 

My postman is responsible for delivering my mail.

Sometimes he accidently puts em through next doors box. 

Dozy b*stard .

 

Sometimes I don't get any mail at all. 

 

Sometimes the van breaks down. Sometimes his gaffer outs him on a different route. Sometimes he's told he can't deliver me packets over a certain size but other times he can.

 

I'm not a fan of my postie. I don't think he's a great postie. 

 

But I don't blame him for everything that happens at Royal Mail which impacts his ability to get my mail to me.

Fair point.

 

Just wondering, if the postie didnt turn up 4 times out of 5 days, would you phone up the Gaffer of the depot and demand he should resign as he's the manager and responsible?

 

Or would you question the commitment of the postie?

 

(Come to think of it, why not use email and go to the shops yourself, lazy bugger, poor Posties have enough to deal with by the sounds if it :biggrin:)

 

lol

Edited by striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Whatever is said by the club is instantly dismissed by certain fans and used against them.  It all become fake news so I can imagine DC thinking what's the point .

 

Cynicism is top dog.  


Well yes. You can play devils advocate for so long.

 

Until there isn’t anything to advocate about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

 

Just keep it focused on Pelupessy and Dawson.

 


Not the guy selecting them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

 

This is a joke right?

 

No mate. It's called an opinion. That ok?

 

For a long time now he seems to have been dropping so deep that the midfield has been ceded to the opposition. 

 

His defensive positioning has always been sound, his distribution is good and he always seemed more composed when playing there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

My biggest suspicion with all this is if Chansiri is so naive in the whole affair, why has he not publicly named AM as his right hand man, or given him the role of Director of Football? He obviously thinks this is all something which fans should be kept in the dark about, which worries more than anything.

Not sure if that's legal.

I mean how can you have dof who is in control of transfers in and transfers out and may have financial interests in certain players coming and going.:rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Whatever is said by the club is instantly dismissed by certain fans and used against them.  It all become fake news so I can imagine DC thinking what's the point .

 

 

You totally underestimate the power of club PR and underestimate just how easy it is to not just have anything believed and bought into, but vehemently defended by our clubs fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

So rather than criticising someone for doing that, present the alternative evidence so we can make our conclusions.

 

I wasn't criticising, I don't have any evidence, I don't think anyone has, all seems to be presuppositions and whoever shouts the loudest gets heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:


I don’t rate Monk - but that’s a gut feeling. It’s not scientific, no appointment can be.

 

But, conversely you have to take his appointment in context. The tools he’s been given, the support he has. Has he been a fair go?

 

Do I know all the behind the scenes nuances, the politics? What his instructions are. Or, what Jos’ were?  No I don’t.

 

So, is he really a failure - or, is he doomed to fail?
 

Personally, I think anyone post Christmas could have done as well. Virtually anyone.
 

But Monk is the symptom - not necessarily the problem.

 

Sacking Monk is the Chairman’s “get out of jail card”.

 

And you’ll all be placated for a while. And, the Club will continue to rot.

The thing is Paul, Monk is part of the problem. Along with everything else going on off the field.  

 

You put a bad manager in a bad situation, it makes things 100 times worse imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


Not the guy selecting them?

 

All 3. Stick with the triple.

Edited by DEH9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DEH9 said:

 

All 3. Stick with the triple.


noted. Thanks

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair point.

 

Just wondering, if the postie didnt turn up 4 times out of 5 days, would you phone up the Gaffer of the depot and demand he should resign as he's the manager and responsible?

 

Or would you question the commitment of the postie?

 

(Come to thing of it, why not use email and go to the shops yourself, lazy bugger, poor Posties have enough to deal with by the sounds if it :biggrin:)

 

lol

I’d phone the depot up and complain, and say he’s not been doing his job. I’d then expect the manager of the depot to resolve the issue and/or replace the postie. The week after when the exact same happens and nothing changes, I’d be getting p*ssed at the manager for not taking action. If this had gone on for 14 weeks in a row, I’d be wanting the manager of the depot sacked. AKA the manger picks the same gash players and tactics every week so it’s his fault not the players  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

I wasn't criticising, I don't have any evidence, I don't think anyone has, all seems to be presuppositions and whoever shouts the loudest gets heard. 

 

Because the evidence that is 100% visible is the state of the club right now both on and off the pitch. It is going to raise suscipions unless someone comes out and kills them with an alternative narrative. Would you advaocate just sitting back and doing or saying nowt because we are not fully aware of the true story?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

The thing is Paul, Monk is part of the problem. Along with everything else going on off the field.  

 

You put a bad manager in a bad situation, it makes things 100 times worse imo.


Don’t disagree - if he is indeed useless.

 

But with the politics, we don’t really know (but I suspect he is too).

 

So what do you suggest, address Monk or address why we keep appointing Managers who don’t deliver?
 

Are you getting fed up with the Club being a complete shambles - but thinking changing the manager will make it all alright.

 

You (all of you), are only putting off inevitable.

 

The Club needs leadership and direction.

 

Do you trust his next appointment? What help will he get?

 

.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

 

You totally underestimate the power of club PR and underestimate just how easy it is to not just have anything believed and bought into, but vehemently defended by our clubs fans

 

Thats proves my point that soon as the club says anything you dismiss it out of hand. So why say anything?

 

How do you judge whats true and what's not true?  Or a close approximation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not sure if that's legal.

I mean how can you have dof who is in control of transfers in and transfers out and may have financial interests in certain players coming and going.:rolleyes:

 

Which is precisely my worry... Surely if Chansiri has half a brain, he realises that he has a conflict of interest!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I’d phone the depot up and complain, and say he’s not been doing his job. I’d then expect the manager of the depot to resolve the issue and/or replace the postie. The week after when the exact same happens and nothing changes, I’d be getting p*ssed at the manager for not taking action. If this had gone on for 14 weeks in a row, I’d be wanting the manager of the depot sacked. AKA the manger picks the same gash players and tactics every week so it’s his fault not the players  

Is it better for the postie not to turn up at all or deliver every day, but aim for and miss the letterbox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...