Just now, TaxiMark said:

These fans that attend, are they handpicked by DC himself? 

No mate

They are just random people who want to go along

There's no preselection

It's mainly older fans (some of them elderly) who stand up and tell you how long they've supported Wednesday for, how there's no brown sauce on the North Stand, and who applaud the chairman when he says things like he knows more about football than most fans there etc

And how everyone laughed (literally - full on guffaws) when Chansiri discussed criticism of the club/players from someone and said that at least we had a better squad than Sheffield United's (who then went on to promotion). The place laughed and cheered and applauded the chairman.

2 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Sadly says it all really.

To discuss is one thing, to hide behind anonymous avatars and slander are is totally different.

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

Agree with a lot of points you make.  

I think we need to address both sides ,Monk and the very people appointing the managers.  It is not a either or choice for me.  Both needs looking at with urgency.  

The reason I want Monk gone is that we can't keep going on with the performances where we can't score nor defend.  The very basics of winning a football match have long gone out the window.  

I despair when I see what is going on.  Sadly on the trajectory we are on, things could very well get much much worse.  I don't think some truly realise the potential catastrophe that could hit us.  

Which brings me back to the point on Monk.  Keep going like this then league 1 is coming.  

I want to see a change that will bring a short term improvement in the results.  Results that could ensure our safety this season which is of paramount importance.  

Get to the summer, then deal with all the off the field issues.

Anyway, that is how I am looking at it for time being.  

All the best.  

And, all the best to you too.

You certainly wear your heart on your sleeve. You epitomise all that is right with the Club. I wish I had your optimism,

Cant argue with most of that - other than you are putting off an eventual showdown.

But, you may well be right. It’s all about opinions.

Best Regards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Yes, my first one and went with an open mind, .was a mixture of the bizarre and surreal. 

Met DC beforehand and he seemed a genuinely nice guy, but crikey once he gets going he just doesn't stop. 

I came away more impressed with Katrien Meire. Thought she was a steadying influence, which I think has been missed. 

The opening statement was so bizarre and so so so long

And it was all lapped up

I went to the last forum and the chairman came for me in the break, ranting and raving.

Then he tried to embarrass me in front of everyone and I went back at him and made it clear what I thought about Amadeu etc.

They were very quick to move the microphone away from me and he never called me a liar or anything.

• Thanks 2

Anyone could have an educated guess at a lot of what is said there. To be honest I stopped reading when we were referred to as "Sheffield".

Just now, One De Bilde said:

Anyone could have an educated guess at a lot of what is said there. To be honest I stopped reading when we were referred to as "Sheffield".

Rui says Sheffield as he is Portuguese.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Mind blowing stuff, who knew!

A cash injection through selling our own players too 

1 minute ago, FootballTyper said:

Fair enough

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Monk ain’t gonna get sacked though.

TBF its probably for the best, I  really think he has been put in the dog mess and he really knows it for sure.The club is in a mess and only the owner can solve that.

but sadly we know the answer. Going bust will be soon our biggest worry,

2 minutes ago, FootballTyper said:

Does a week only have 6 days in Portugal?  

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

To discuss is one thing, to hide behind anonymous avatars and slander are is totally different.

Not quite sure what you mean mate

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

In this instance it's absolutely nothing to do with either of those

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The opening statement was so bizarre and so so so long

And it was all lapped up

It was and to be honest, by myself included (although to be fair, I'd just been fed free pie and chips so was in a very good mood :biggrin:)

However, my eyes are now open.

Just now, Asio otus said:

TBF its probably for the best, I  really think he has been put in the dog mess and he really knows it for sure.The club is in a mess and only the owner can solve that.

but sadly we know the answer. Going bust will be soon our biggest worry,

We won’t go bust at all. Let’s get this shocking season over with and clear the decks in the summer and we go again.

Just now, striker said:

It was and to be honest, by myself included (although to be fair, I'd just been fed free pie and chips so was in a very good mood :biggrin:)

However, my eyes are now open.

I didn't have the pie in case I disagreed with anything said by the benefactor

lol

1 minute ago, roaminowl said:

Does a week only have 6 days in Portugal?  

Precisely one of the reasons I don't visit this forum much. Too many responses like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, FootballTyper said:

Precisely one of the reasons I don't visit this forum much. Too many responses like this.

Ignore em Matt

Focus on the serious ones

1 minute ago, Bleeder said:

Not quite sure what you mean mate

Plenty on here spout absolute drivel and hide behind anonymity, that’s what I mean and when and if challenged by those that they slander moan like it was all light hearted banter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FootballTyper said:

Good grief. Lighten up. Why can't a Portuguese person say the word Wednesday?