1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Because the evidence that is 100% visible is the state of the club right now both on and off the pitch. It is going to raise suscipions unless someone comes out and kills them with an alternative narrative. Would you advaocate just sitting back and doing or saying nowt because we are not fully aware of the true story?

So what we gonna do? I'm more than happy to do something on the back of the truth. What do you have in mind? (I'm not boycotting the club)

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats proves my point that soon as the club says anything you dismiss it out of hand. So why say anything?

How do you judge whats true and what's not true?  Or a close approximation. 

It doesn't really prove any point?

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

He'd get a standing ovation and fans would be placated again

Seen it time and time again

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You totally underestimate the power of club PR and underestimate just how easy it is to not just have anything believed and bought into, but vehemently defended by our clubs fans

Neil, were you told at some point to not have fans mention Paxiao on here? I'm sure I can remember mods advising people not to talk about him?

Apologies if I've misremembered/made this up lol

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair point.

Just wondering, if the postie didnt turn up 4 times out of 5 days, would you phone up the Gaffer of the depot and demand he should resign as he's the manager and responsible?

Or would you question the commitment of the postie?

(Come to think of it, why not use email and go to the shops yourself, lazy bugger, poor Posties have enough to deal with by the sounds if it :biggrin:)

His gaffers not bothered. He's got bigger issue to worry about. 

Like making sure the public don't find out about all the thieves in the sorting office! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

Neil, were you told at some point to not have fans mention Paxiao on here? I'm sure I can remember mods advising people not to talk about him?

Apologies if I've misremembered/made this up lol

The honest reason we don't really discuss certain individuals at length here is that it's too dangerous to do so. That's all I can say on it really mate

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because at least he can offload the problem players

Don’t doubt that at all , just hope he gets the tools to start again and doyen are not calling the shots 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

What do you want him to say?  What would placate you?  Staying in the bounds of realism.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

My point is this..

Not me, I took him at his word last time. Not again.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The honest reason we don't really discuss certain individuals at length here is that it's too dangerous to do so. That's all I can say on it really mate

I appreciate your honesty, than you!

But everything is fine tho reyt!?

:duntmatter:

FFS

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So what we gonna do? I'm more than happy to do something on the back of the truth. What do you have in mind? (I'm not boycotting the club)

I would love to hear the alternative narrative i.e. the club's perspective on all of this then make a judgement from there. I always try to view things on balance and I am well aware that there could be strong counter arguments. Right now, all the evidence I have to go on is what I am seeing which doesn't bode well in my eyes.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

What do you want him to say?  What would placate you?  Staying in the bounds of realism.

In all honesty I have zero interest in anything the man says anymore but that's irrelevant

What I mean is that the club can put virtually ANYTHING out to the fanbase and it will be adopted, believed instantly, and held as gospel and defended violently online by fans

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not me, I took him at his word last time. Not again.

Did you go to the last one then?

What a strange night that was

I went with a mate who left ten minutes into the opening ramble

lol

2 hours ago, cowl said:

Monk gets sacked. Still certain?

Monk ain’t gonna get sacked though.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

Don’t disagree - if he is indeed useless.

But with the politics, we don’t really know (but I suspect he is too).

So what do you suggest, address Monk or address why we keep appointing Managers who don’t deliver?

Are you getting fed up with the Club being a complete shambles - but thinking changing the manager will make it all alright.

You (all of you) are only putting of inevitable.

The Club needs leadership and direction.

Agree with a lot of points you make.  

I think we need to address both sides ,Monk and the very people appointing the managers.  It is not a either or choice for me.  Both needs looking at with urgency.  

The reason I want Monk gone is that we can't keep going on with the performances where we can't score nor defend.  The very basics of winning a football match have long gone out the window.  

I despair when I see what is going on.  Sadly on the trajectory we are on, things could very well get much much worse.  I don't think some truly realise the potential catastrophe that could hit us.  

Which brings me back to the point on Monk.  Keep going like this then league 1 is coming.  

I want to see a change that will bring a short term improvement in the results.  Results that could ensure our safety this season which is of paramount importance.  

Get to the summer, then deal with all the off the field issues.

Anyway, that is how I am looking at it for time being.  

All the best.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

In all honesty I have zero interest in anything the man says anymore but that's irrelevant

What I mean is that the club can put virtually ANYTHING out to the fanbase and it will be adopted, believed instantly, and held as gospel and defended violently online by fans

And the complete opposite will be said as you imply in your above post.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point is this..

You’ve forgotten the Henderson’s Relish.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sadly says it all really.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point is this..

These fans that attend, are they handpicked by DC himself? 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What about memes?

image.png.67114ad4d64de96495926d20cc407b94.png

• Haha 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Did you go to the last one then?

What a strange night that was

I went with a mate who left ten minutes into the opening ramble

lol

Yes, my first one and went with an open mind, .was a mixture of the bizarre and surreal. 

Met DC beforehand and he seemed a genuinely nice guy, but crikey once he gets going he just doesn't stop. 

I came away more impressed with Katrien Meire. Thought she was a steadying influence, which I think has been missed.