Jump to content

The way out of this mess for DC.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, torres said:

I just wish DC would shut up 

Sick of hearing from him!!!

 

He sort of is continuously "there" though. Having plastered his name throughout Hillsborough and on our kits, there's a constant reminder of the club's ineptitude.

 

Kids (and some grown adults :ph34r:) walking around with "Chansiri" printed on their clothing. FFS

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbirks said:

 

3. My biggest fear, what I've tried to flag a lot, but if 3 happens then it'll happen anyway, no reason for us to be doffing our cap to the master. 

Not advocating doffing our cap, just pointing out my fears if, for whatever reason, he loses interest. Whatever DC's shortcomings, he has pumped in millions and even he can read a spreadsheet. I just wonder how much longer he's prepared to bankroll the club, and what happens next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Not advocating doffing our cap, just pointing out my fears if, for whatever reason, he loses interest. Whatever DC's shortcomings, he has pumped in millions and even he can read a spreadsheet. I just wonder how much longer he's prepared to bankroll the club, and what happens next.

 

Yes, and in my opinion it ending remotely well would be entirely against the grain. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way out of this mess for DC is for SWFC to be in the PL. Anything other than that will cost him £millions. 

As it stands, DCs reign at our club is turning into another cautionary tale of the folly of buying a British football club. It’s pretty obvious he’s taken advice from the wrong people and that many mistakes have been made, but he’s not on his own is he? It’s such a precariously risky business that it baffles me why any sane businessman would want the grief.

 

I’d be amazed if DC could turn our fortunes around, so assuming he decides to quit who in their right mind will wish to take up the challenge?  The whole business makes me quite sad. With the exception of the 2016 season under Carlos, I’d swap the rest of DCs reign for MM and Stuart Gray in a heart beat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:


I have invoked the Coventry scenario a few times of late: if DC loses interest but is unwilling to accept a big financial hit in selling us then he could end up charging us to play at the ground, sell the ground itself ( although unlikely to be granted any planning permission for other uses)....

 

Worrying times.

 

Yep, then all the gobshites calling him a pig to a dog day in day out, will be crying that he now doesn't care about us.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Step 3 is the only thing that will be it actual benefit to us now. Although I personally wouldn’t have been so rude about it.

I'm past caring about his feelings.

 

I don't think he gives a shlt about ours.

 

There is no joy in being a wednesday fan. None at all.

 

I just want him to fornicate off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flo said:

Why would anyone buy us when they won't be able to spend anything to actually improve the team? They would have to get rid of everyone on high wages, wait 2/3 years, hope we don't go down 1/2 leagues and only then will they be able to spend. 

But this is the problem.

Unless we gamble again we can't spend because of 'financial unfair play'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigthinrob said:

But this is the problem.

Unless we gamble again we can't spend because of 'financial unfair play'.

 

 

But that's only an issue because the chairman breached their rules


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

 

But that's only an issue because the chairman breached their rules

Sorry, you misunderstood my point. 

 

I'm talking about once the slate is clear again, we're only allowed to spend within their ridiculous outmoded, non index linked rules.

 

If we bought the equivalent of that lanky git Utd bought for 20 mill, plus that dirty little fuc**r in midfield & that's about the limit over the three year period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigthinrob said:

Sorry, you misunderstood my point. 

 

I'm talking about once the slate is clear again, we're only allowed to spend within their ridiculous outmoded, non index linked rules.

 

If we bought the equivalent of that lanky git Utd bought for 20 mill, plus that dirty little fuc**r in midfield & that's about the limit over the three year period. 

 

 

Got ya 


Apologies - didn't understand your initial point


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bleeder said:

..thing is mate, there is a way out of it.

 

Things were (and possibly still are,) in a reyt tangle across the city behind the scenes.

 

..and they had no money

 

..and a bunch of pretty average and/or ageing players

 

..and a series of pretty sh it managers..

 

but finding the right manager, who has instilled a sense of discipline, has organised them properly and has got them very fit has turned them into a very effective unit....

 

:duntmatter:

 

....think I'm gonna be sick now....

And complete control of transfers!

 

This is the main thing for any new manager!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be in deep kaka if DC gets fed up with all the dogs abuse he gets.

 He can't recoup his financial outlay by selling the club, so then decides he's not putting in a penny more.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

This kind of statement makes me sick to my stomach

Sorry, is it not the case ? I'm not trying to defend DC. The point I was trying to make is that after, I believe, spending millions, he finds himself trapped. Still has to pump money in to keep us afloat.  Can't sell without taking a big hit and can't invest anymore due to FFP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, doubleo said:

Sorry, is it not the case ? I'm not trying to defend DC. The point I was trying to make is that after, I believe, spending millions, he finds himself trapped. Still has to pump money in to keep us afloat.  Can't sell without taking a big hit and can't invest anymore due to FFP.

 


I may have misunderstood you mate

lol


I thought you were trying to say a chairman is better because they spend millions and millions of pounds

 

That's the thinking I can't abide, especially when you can point to the millions spent on SWFC and the three steps back we have taken in virtually every department since


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

There is a way out of it for DC. Accept that he hasnt got the foggiest idea how to run a football club and immediately appoint an experienced Chief Executive who knows the game and the business of football inside out. As Chairman his role would then solely be to provide that person the funds and freedom to run the whole ship properly. 

The CEO would have total control of hiring and firing managers, running the commerical side of the operation so that local businesses are re-engaged as sponsors / box holders and we are not sponsored by made up taxi / drinks firms. They would also have control of ticket prices so that the fanbase are not alienated by unrealistic pie in the sky ticket prices and unworkable season ticket schemes.

We are just at a critical tipping point where the fanbase is starting to turn on him. So far he has only shown arrogance and a my way or the highway approach so I would be amazed if he actually did something right for once. If he doesnt start making the right calls very quickly he will find himself in a gilded cage of his own creation as the owner of a League 1 club and north of 100 million spent with nobody willing to pay him his valuation to sell the club. Over to you Mr Chansiri.

 

This exactly. 

Unfortunately over the past 5 years DC has shown that he is completely incapable over handing over any control to people that know how to run a football club (something he clearly knows nothing about, as he admitted) so the chances of us getting a CEO or DOF are zero

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I'm past caring about his feelings.

 

I don't think he gives a shlt about ours.

 

There is no joy in being a wednesday fan. None at all.

 

I just want him to fornicate off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No worries, that’s up to you 🙏  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flo said:

Why would anyone buy us when they won't be able to spend anything to actually improve the team? They would have to get rid of everyone on high wages, wait 2/3 years, hope we don't go down 1/2 leagues and only then will they be able to spend. 

Why does anyone buy a football club, period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...