our support is broken

at Brentford yesterday before game brilliant atmosphere what should have lifted players from the start . game started and got what I expected same old Wednesday and got mauled all over the pitch . but dawson was just feet from us as its so tight behind the goal , he got dogs abuse whenever he kicked or tried to catch the ball along with rest of players , then you had some others who took offence to the chants ,it could easily have turned into a mass punch up. just aint good is it when its come to this. ive always seen a few arguments in away end and odd scuffle but its getting pretty tasty now. 

It’s been like this for a few seasons now. Seen a few punch ups at away games. 

Don’t know why it has turned this way? Is it frustration on not getting promoted and the pigs doing well? Too much booze and coke in our fan base? Or have we just got a load of simpletons following us now? 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well I must say I don’t see any trouble at away games , it sad isn’t its Wednesday fans fighting each other . 

Even in the so called dark days of the 70s/80s ...never saw Wednesday fans fight each other !!!........

Fukinel lads. There have been loads of scraps at Wednesday games. There were fights at Barnsley away a few weeks ago, Blackburn away when we lost 2-1. Derby away the other year when there was a full blown fight that lasted ages. There’s 3 to start with. There’s been others. 

17 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

at Brentford yesterday before game brilliant atmosphere what should have lifted players from the start . game started and got what I expected same old Wednesday and got mauled all over the pitch . but dawson was just feet from us as its so tight behind the goal , he got dogs abuse whenever he kicked or tried to catch the ball along with rest of players , then you had some others who took offence to the chants ,it could easily have turned into a mass punch up. just aint good is it when its come to this. ive always seen a few arguments in away end and odd scuffle but its getting pretty tasty now. 

It's like going back to the late 80s when away days were great - then the game started

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Fukinel lads. There have been loads of scraps at Wednesday games. There were fights at Barnsley away a few weeks ago, Blackburn away when we lost 2-1. Derby away the other year when there was a full blown fight that lasted ages. There’s 3 to start with. There’s been others. 

yer I saw them all too its been going on quite regular since 2016. didn't quite get to fights yesterday ,but if it did I would say a good 100 would have had a mini riot yesterday if it carried on, think loads left early so prob why it didn't get that far. 

42 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s been like this for a few seasons now. Seen a few punch ups at away games. 

Don’t know why it has turned this way? Is it frustration on not getting promoted and the pigs doing well? Too much booze and coke in our fan base? Or have we just got a load of simpletons following us now? 

Dejected  supporters ....

Loyal to the club, but feeling exploited and undervalued by those running the club .

It's not  just the Blades either.....

Its looks like Leeds united will be in the premier league next season as well....

It really isn't a good time to be a Sheffield Wednesday supporter...

Edited by np pontefract
Clarification

48 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

thirty or forty years ago,it used be to rival supporters that would have the mass brawls inside the grounds,Sadly in this day and age,We're seeing punch ups between supporters of the same team and unfortunely,it is some elements in our away support who react badly to certain things.Time for the Fan Base to pull together and really start to get behind the team.:tango:

• Like 1

I have not renewed my season ticket and it is unlikely that I will attend any of the remaining games on my current season ticket. In all probability I have already attended the last football match of my life. I can no longer bear the discomfort of the seating or the discomfort of watching a team bereft of inspiration.

So it's goodbye to Hillsborough for me. That said, I will be Wednesday till I die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1