A12owl

We ARE saleable but only if....

We ARE saleable but not at the price DC would want or accept. Unless he sees sense and decides enough is enough and doesn't want to chuck any more money at the club and get nowt back. 

He will NEVER make a success of a football club with his attitude towards it. 

We were all fearful of Mammadov but this bloke could be worse. 

If DC sells at a sensible (going rate) price with everything included and a proper investor with the right set up came in and started from scratch then we would have half a chance. Not sure where the Stuffing Man stands if DC sells but it would be essential that he disappears into the mists of time. 

This season would be ideal with all the out of contracts players being able to leave if the new set up didn't want them. 

We don't HAVE to have a new stadium. It just needs to be run properly until(if) we got to the Premiership. Yes it's old, yes there are some problems but it would suffice to accommodate 25-28k until we achieve better status. 

The one and only criteria both fans and owners should be looking at is the clubs position in the football world and its financial stability. 

We can only hope that something is going on behind the scenes and once EFL have made their decision then something might be revealed. 

DC must surely realise his time is up and do the honorable thing for SWFC and let us get on with the trying to become a top club again. He has said he just wants the best for SWFC then he should realise and admit that it can only be achieved by him not being part of it. MM realised he couldn't take the club further and got out. 

Rant over. 

For me, half of Chansiri"s problem is his hangers on. 

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Is that another name for "Advisors"? 

3 different owners have bought into Bolton and they were losing tens of millions a season and nearly £200m in debt. There will be plenty of groups interested in buying our club if Chansiri did decide to sell.

• Like 1

He can do it if he chooses to cut his losses. He can use directors' loans he has with the club to offset the outstanding repayments on the ground sale. Then simply gift ownership of the ground to the new owner. Fai enough, that would mean a substantial write off of his loans to the club but he is highly unlikley to ever see a return on that anyway.

3 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Buying the club doesn't mean you buy the ground. That is now a big problem.

I did say "with everything included 

That includes the ground 

3 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Buying the club doesn't mean you buy the ground. That is now a big problem.

Huge problem for any future buyers. I think it shows the type of person he is by having his name emblazoned all around HIS stadium.

I'd rather stick with an owner that we know will put in money.

I just hope he has learned from his first 3 years.

The last year seems to show that he has.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TINGLE75 said:

Huge problem for any future buyers. I think it shows the type of person he is by having his name emblazoned all around HIS stadium.

Take all the Chansiri seats out and there will be enough left by the end of the season to accommodate the attendances. 

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

What has he learned. 

We are Bradford city, portsmouth, plymouth. Teams with history and a good fan base but with chairman who are useless at running a club.

we have no youth system, so have to buy all our players, we don't scout lower league we look for journeyman instead. We don't sell when we get good offers, we don't loan players or sell to get rid of those we don't want, we just run contracts down costing the fans millions..

we are run by a Muppet and what do we do, we keep buying the tickets and the merchandise, and nothing changed we just sink further and further.

fans are turning away and finding other things to do in their thousands.

the only way we get rid of the one problem at our club is stop giving him out money. Until that happens nothing will chance. Those 10,000 that paid 6 months in advance without knowing what league we will be in, that's the reason DC continues to treat us like customers, not fans.

he is exploiting our loyalty to our team, we will be here picking up the piece long after he gets bored playing football manager with real lifes.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Especially the Sage and Onion Man Paxo.He's is the problem not the solution.:tango:

Just out of interest what does the sage and parsley man do ?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We are Bradford city, portsmouth, plymouth. Teams with history and a good fan base but with chairman who are useless at running a club.

we have no youth system, so have to buy all our players, we don't scout lower league we look for journeyman instead. We don't sell when we get good offers, we don't loan players or sell to get rid of those we don't want, we just run contracts down costing the fans millions..

we are run by a Muppet and what do we do, we keep buying the tickets and the merchandise, and nothing changed we just sink further and further.

fans are turning away and finding other things to do in their thousands.

the only way we get rid of the one problem at our club is stop giving him out money. Until that happens nothing will chance. Those 10,000 that paid 6 months in advance without knowing what league we will be in, that's the reason DC continues to treat us like customers, not fans.

he is exploiting our loyalty to our team, we will be here picking up the piece long after he gets bored playing football manager with real lifes.

My instincts tell me that he's been planning an exit strategy for some time now and he is prepared to sell up. His problem will be finding a potential buyer at the price he would consider acceptable (which is probably considerably less than he has invested).

Of course we're saleable at a price DC won't accept :-/

13 minutes ago, Minton said:

3 different owners have bought into Bolton and they were losing tens of millions a season and nearly £200m in debt. There will be plenty of groups interested in buying our club if Chansiri did decide to sell.

How has that worked out for them?! Not sure they were buying with the best of intentions for the football club and if they were they made a bigger mess of things than has been the case at our club! 

4 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Just out of interest what does the sage and parsley man do ?

Steve Bruce said that he was part of the fabric of the club.

Nobody else has ever truly revealed what his role is or what benefit he has added.

7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Milan with a lot less money did more for our club than DC, 'the term a fool and his money are easily parted' was written for people like DC.

He took over a mid table championship team with no debt and has turned us into a mid table championship team in free fall, with huge debts that he is it a family members is currently financing, losing £20m a season, an aging under performing squad, most of which don t play. He has alienated any low income fan who can't pay his prices, he has driven away local business and replace them with one's that don't have any employees.

no I would rather have an 80 year old Milan back that the fool we currently have.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That and unusually high levels of arrogance, along with a delusional view of the value of his assets.