Jump to content

Worst manager in our history


Recommended Posts

This is not in defence of GM here but as others have said if there are issues within the club then is it something that has unfortunately been inherited. 

 

First Jos has issues now GM seemingly has the same problems with seemingly the same players. 

 

If he goes then Bullen walks in and plays the players to try and get a quick fix, we all the point the finger at GM like we did at Jos then like has already been said on here the merry go round starts again with the new manager. 

 

Do we not try and put a little faith in GM, hope we can ride this season out, avoid relegation and back him in the summer hoping he can sort this mess out by getting rid of the steaming pile of sheite that are possibly upsetting the apple cart. 

 

Is it more to do with the players being the problem than Garry? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, savi said:

This is not in defence of GM here but as others have said if there are issues within the club then is it something that has unfortunately been inherited. 

 

First Jos has issues now GM seemingly has the same problems with seemingly the same players. 

 

If he goes then Bullen walks in and plays the players to try and get a quick fix, we all the point the finger at GM like we did at Jos then like has already been said on here the merry go round starts again with the new manager. 

 

Do we not try and put a little faith in GM, hope we can ride this season out, avoid relegation and back him in the summer hoping he can sort this mess out by getting rid of the steaming pile of sheite that are possibly upsetting the apple cart. 

 

Is it more to do with the players being the problem than Garry? 

 

 

He's "inherited" problems that didn't seem to affect Bullen or Bruce.

At the end of the day, it's about results, not excuses.

We are playing badly and getting beat every week, as Monk says - it's the managers responsibility

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Was he "the worst ever manager in our history" when we were playing well before Christmas or has he become that because numerous other factors have converged?

We weren’t playing well back then just efficiently, I was bored silly but the results papered over things but now the wins have dried up !!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We weren’t playing well back then just efficiently, I was bored silly but the results papered over things but now the wins have dried up !!!!! 

 

Our away performances up to Christmas under Monk were as good as anything in the division. He was too negative in his approach in the home games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sacking manager and getting another will not resolve the problem, anyone who thinks it will cannot have watched many games over the past 4 years.

 

We are a club in decline because we have been badly run for the past 20 + years. Richards, Allen and now DC. Only McGee and Mandaric have known how to run a football club.

 

Nothing will change until the club is run competently. We can keep sacking managers but things will remain the same until that day arrives, sadly that may never happen.:sad:

Edited by Asio otus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It's simply a matter of opinion but I thought the away performances easily exceeded expectation.

I agree we were the highest scorers  away from home for a while , that doesn’t happen by poor performances, I just felt we were a bit one dimensional.

Edited by dewsburyowl58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

worst manager in our history? there has been loads ,that's why the club has been in a mess for for  20 plus years . as far as im concerned carlos was the worst. given huge amounts of money for transfer fees or wages and most of his signings were a disaster . all the good players he had were s grays signings for hardly any money ,or what committee signed. he played players injured or after 1-2 days training ,the man was a complete fool . I bet every manager in last 20 years inc jos,monk,gray,jones,sturruck ,b laws would have loved to sign 30 players on 25-40k a week wages blowing as much as 9 million on 1 player.  I want monk gone but 80% of it isn't his fault but its the other 20% what surely has to cost him his job. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

Pleat, Jewell, Eustace, Jos, Wilson, do I need to continue? 

Pleat got us a 7th place finish in the premier league.. Wilson got us a 12th place finish the first season

 

both were rightly sacked and in the case of Wilson it should have happened far sooner.

 

But Monk has managed 31 games, the last 14 of which has been a run of only 9 points from 42. He did well for only a third of a season. He’s worse than those two IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

worst manager in our history? there has been loads ,that's why the club has been in a mess for for  20 plus years . as far as im concerned carlos was the worst. given huge amounts of money for transfer fees or wages and most of his signings were a disaster . all the good players he had were s grays signings for hardly any money ,or what committee signed. he played players injured or after 1-2 days training ,the man was a complete fool . I bet every manager in last 20 years inc jos,monk,gray,jones,sturruck ,b laws would have loved to sign 30 players on 25-40k a week wages blowing as much as 9 million on 1 player.  I want monk gone but 80% of it isn't his fault but its the other 20% what surely has to cost him his job. 

Carlos finished 6th and 4th.. in May 2016 were you saying how terrible he was then on our way to Wembley? I severely doubt it

 

And our better players, the ones who made the difference between mid table in 2014-15 and the play offs, were FF, Hooper, Wallace, Bannan, Pudil, Hunt, Lopez, Joao. It’s revisionist to suggest that every signing we’ve made was bad business. 2016-17 is where things started going wrong...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...