Worst manager in our history

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

If he was great then, he is poo now.

He can’t have it both ways.

His decision making is weird to say the least but I refuse to put 100% of the blame his way. I am happy to see him replaced but worst in our history is simply hyperbole and without foundation.

• Like 1

Yes he got us to 3rd, but at the time we were literally about 3 points off 12th place. Since our bad run he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s capable of stopping the rot.

Usually if teams on a bad run a decent manager will go back to basics and make the defence tight. Our defence is probably the worst I’ve ever seen it. And I don’t mean just the back 4 when I say the defence. Oh and we have two former defenders coaching them.

I remember under Irvine in League One we were 2nd at Christmas (around when Mandaric came in too), but by the time February rolled round we were 12th, which is when he was sacked.

Megson really struggled at first when he came in, mind (4 home defeats in a row...)

40 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Was he "the worst ever manager in our history" when we were playing well before Christmas or has he become that because numerous other factors have converged?

There was a point this season when I said he looked a good manager to be fair.

The EFL situation has been a catalyst for a downturn in our fortunes.

Uncertainty being maintained for so long has led to instability. It has effected everyone, confidence has gone, bad decisions made, and heads have dropped. Leading to a re-focus on pre-existing issues at ownership level, that did not detract from our on field activities when things were going well, and the questioning of the ability of everyone concerned at the club, putting everyone on the back foot. A defensive mindset has now set in at all levels. This is not conducive to delivering successful football.

The EFL enquiry has killed us at all levels. Should’ve and could’ve been avoided and that’s the main frustration.