Seems familiar

Two poor managers managing a deteriorating and increasingly fractured set of players. 

We will need a big personality for a manager to sort this out. Both in bringing the new players in and actually managing them once here.

Hate to say it, but Wilder wouldn't have put up with this nonsense. There are managers out there but they will need to be given some time. 

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

Two poor managers managing a deteriorating and increasingly fractured set of players. 

We will need a big personality for a manager to sort this out. Both in bringing the new players in and actually managing them once here.

Hate to say it, but Wilder wouldn't have put up with this nonsense. There are managers out there but they will need to be given some time. 

I can't imagine any manager would want to come to the club in its current state, we couldn't attract the right ones when the going was good.

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

Problem is, Chansiri won't appoint a big personality, he only appoints yes men. 

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I can't imagine any manager would want to come to the club in its current state, we couldn't attract the right ones when the going was good.

Bruce did - we're still a pull for some. I'd look at big Sam to sort it out; even as a short term project. Issue is DC, and his failure to even acknowledge there's a problem.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Bruce did - we're still a pull for some. I'd look at big Sam to sort it out; even as a short term project. Issue is DC, and his failure to even acknowledge there's a problem.

Bruce also saw the issues and made a hasty retreat.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
13 minutes ago, torres said:

I think they must have a template script to read from 

In fairness all footballers do,”like I said (no you didn’t) you know, we’ll take one game at a time *scratches head and looks all around him* , it’s all about the three points etc etc”

Just now, robowl4life said:

No... he soon f.ucked off though didn’t he. 

Well, I'm happy to blame Chansiri for anything I think he is guilty of but Bruce fecking off is not one of them. On this occasion, I believe Chansiri was as disappointed and angry as the rest of us.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Quite possibly!

As you say though, not all DC's fault Bruce jumped at the first opportunity.

I actually think him getting Bruce here, is still his biggest achievement.

Doubt it would have lasted though, even if Newcastle hadn't offered him the perfect escape route. He'd have walked anyway.

13 minutes ago, Animis said:

Im afraid you’re in fantasy land if you think Big Sam would come here. There’s be plenty of other opportunities for him which wouldn’t involve the complete shambles that he’d inherit, let alone if he’d want to work with DC.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

As you say though, not all DC's fault Bruce jumped at the first opportunity.

I actually think him getting Bruce here, is still his biggest achievement.

Doubt it would have lasted though, even if Newcastle hadn't offered him the perfect escape route. He'd have walked anyway.

If Chansiri decided that Stuey wasn't his man to take us forward, someone out of the Bruce ilk should have been his no.1, target. Unfortunately, I would contest that "other influences" put paid to that and laid the foundations for the position we are in today.