Season Ticket Refunds / Banning

Might get called an attention seeking dig at the club but it is a genuine question (you’ll have to take my word on that). 

Did those few people that asked for Season Ticket refunds a bit back actually get banned from returning to Hillsborough for a period of time by Chansiri - or did I dream that whole bizarre scenario ? 

I have a season ticket ticket for next season, I felt pressured to get one as my mate had one... but I never really wanted it - as I have other things to do and always envisioned stopping going to Hillsborough some time in the near future anyway - I have a young child that my time is spent better with, which is actually the main reason - the repetitive failure of the club and price increases a close second. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I remember that. Wasn’t it if you got a refund you weren’t allowed to buy a season ticket again? Something like that.

Was all very bizarre. 

Thanks. 

I believed that to be the case - despite it being a very surreal time. 

... and it led to division between fans (people got called a traitor etc). 

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I once payed for a holiday and then saw the weather forecast wasn't very nice.  I rang the tour operator and asked for my money back...

dont leave us in suspense!! How did you get on??

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gillyno9 said:

Surely you could cite work commitments or illness and ask for a refund? Or maybe read t&c’s and see the refund policy 

Indeed. 

It was more the banning bit I was wondering about - as I might want to return for the odd game - or after Chansiri is gone - or when my child is grown up. 

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I once *payed for a holiday and then saw the weather forecast wasn't very nice.  I rang the tour operator and asked for my money back...

*paid

4 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

Surely you could cite work commitments or illness and ask for a refund? Or maybe read t&c’s and see the refund policy 

Thought that previous 'offer' was a one off. Aren't season tickets non-refundable, says so in the T's&C's.

9 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

What an embarrassing thing to do though, buy a season ticket then want a refund.

Should never be allowed, yet Chansiri obliged with clauses.

I don't think anyone actually seriously asked for a refund, was more Chansiri shooting from the hip over a few fans going OTT on Twitter.

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Might get called an attention seeking dig at the club but it is a genuine question (you’ll have to take my word on that). 

Did those few people that asked for Season Ticket refunds a bit back actually get banned from returning to Hillsborough for a period of time by Chansiri - or did I dream that whole bizarre scenario ? 

I have a season ticket ticket for next season, I felt pressured to get one as my mate had one... but I never really wanted it - as I have other things to do and always envisioned stopping going to Hillsborough some time in the near future anyway - I have a young child that my time is spent better with, which is actually the main reason - the repetitive failure of the club and price increases a close second. 

Take it to trading standards, If the words Football or Entertainment are on the ticket then the club haven’t got a leg to stand on.

Wonder if our illustrious leader will give refunds when he has us condemned to league one. The bloke and his stooges have properly dry humped the fans with prices and entertainment. The lack of hunger on the pitch is transferred to the fans with loyal fans for years voting with their feet.

6 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Banned for life, and your kids, grand kids, extended family,

any body I missed?

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think anyone actually seriously asked for a refund, was more Chansiri shooting from the hip over a few fans going OTT on Twitter.

They did, one of my mates did and got refunded, wasn't fully down to how bad we was playing, more of something had cropped up and was going to miss some games anyway. 

• Thanks 2