Jump to content
toppOwl

Who Are The Players Who Have Given Up?

Recommended Posts

I don’t think anyone has given up. No one is going out there thinking, I can’t be arsed today I’m purposely going to play crap. 

 

The team has no confidence, which leads to players making mistakes, which leads to players hiding and not wanting the ball. 

 

Look at the celebrations against Charlton. This is what I don’t get about Monks comments sometimes. Unless he’s talking about the people above him.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go,

 

Westwood

Lees

Pelupessy 

Harris

Reach

Winall 

Rhodes

Wickham

Bates

Hutchinson

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If players have given up then a change of manager isnt going to help is it , what maybe for a couple of games before they revert back to the current state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been thinking the same. 

 

The “You’re not fit to wear the shirt” chants etc...  

 

People do (or did) like the players as individuals, and want to support them... however, as a group they’re so weak it’s unbelievable. Shipping goals is a tell tale sign of not caring / at the least not concentrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

So why does Bannan come out after games and apologise, he did it again yesterday.

 

He also thinks we're going to make the playoffs...  

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bobness said:

 

He also thinks we're going to make the playoffs...  

 

Whatever he thinks/believes is irrelevant, he's showing he hasn't downed tools by speaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 0114 said:

All of them yesterday. Watch the goals it’s disgusting. 

First goal Dawson pulls a shocker but every single player in the box just stands watching, no reactions. 
 

3rd goal... Windass Fletcher and Da Cruz go to press but just get caught in no mans land. Brentford cut through and literally the entire centre of midfield is vacated. Brentford easily pick holes in the defence. 

 

last goal. Bannan stands on the edge of the box watching Brentford. Disgraceful. 

First goal, Murphy tracks the goal scorer all the way back to the edge of our six yard box then leaves him thinking job done as Dawson parties it out. The guy dropped off him and had a free hit.

It's basic stuff but we seem to have a raft of unintelligent footballers incapable of concentrating for more than three seconds at a time.

The other goals were just as bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd go,

 

Westwood

Lees

Pelupessy 

Harris

Reach

Winall 

Rhodes

Wickham

Bates

Hutchinson

 

I’ll add FF Odubajo Nuihu and Murphy in fact all those on loan have no natural loyalty to the cause and will naturally hide from this situation. I imagine wildsmith is peed off too and not afraid to show it.

Edited by shez owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's perhaps stating the blatantly obvious but, in between when the team were playing very well before Christmas and the start of this slump, something related to the club but not necessarily directly a football matter has hit them like a tonne of bricks. Something has smashed the morale right out of this bunch of players. We speculate on this forum but, whatever it is, it must be pretty fekkin' significant to have that effect.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 0114 said:

All of them yesterday. Watch the goals it’s disgusting. 

First goal Dawson pulls a shocker but every single player in the box just stands watching, no reactions. 
 

3rd goal... Windass Fletcher and Da Cruz go to press but just get caught in no mans land. Brentford cut through and literally the entire centre of midfield is vacated. Brentford easily pick holes in the defence. 

 

last goal. Bannan stands on the edge of the box watching Brentford. Disgraceful. 

Could just be an awful midfield which shines against poor teams when there is lots of possession but cannot battle and defend  against the good teams?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

It's perhaps stating the blatantly obvious but, in between when the team were playing very well before Christmas and the start of this slump, something related to the club but not necessarily directly a football matter has hit them like a tonne of bricks. Something has smashed the morale right out of this bunch of players. We speculate on this forum but, whatever it is, it must be pretty fekkin' significant to have that effect.

 

I think this is the case as well, what it is I've no idea but its had a dramatic effect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shez owl said:

I’ll add Odubajo Nuihu and Murphy in fact all those on loan have no natural loyalty to the cause and will naturally hide from this situation. I imagine wildsmith is peed off too and not afraid to show it.

 

I don't think Pelupessy is one, he's a very poor player but not one I'd accuse of giving up.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan is by far the best corner taker we have.

 

How many have we scored from corners since he was taken off them?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first instinct is to say drop the lot and play the U23's, who, from what we have seen under Luhukay, are not up ton the mark but put ion a shift.

My second thought then is that there are 9 games to go, many of them tough games, and a losing streak of such a length would probably ruin the lads 'futures.

Something is wrong somewhere. The Manager consistently tells us the players train well, but come Sat, they simply don't put in the performances

It is certain that, come the season end, there has got to be change. Players who will not put iin a shift for the team or the manager, whoever it may be, should be got rid of whatever the cost. What's the use of changing managers when the players will not play for the one they have.  Who's to say that, if the manager is changed, the same thing will not happen to the  next Whether it be Monk or monkey, the Manager deserves the respect of the players. They cannot be allowed to rule the club. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me one of the worst culprits is Tom Lees, and this fraud is club captain.

 

In fairness it’s probably quicker to say who hasn’t given up.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 114mphAndRising said:


Exactly the same here mate. Totally confused by who Monk is implying is the problem. Some have been bombed out of the squad so we know them, but who in his eyes are the problem players from yesterday’s match? And the hell does he keep picking them? 
 

It’s the most bizarre situation ever.

Apparently Joey was mom yesterday so that's his place secured for the rest of the season. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

For me one of the worst culprits is Tom Lees, and this fraud is club captain.

 

In fairness it’s probably quicker to say who hasn’t given up.

 

This is the bit I don't get though, look at the reaction after the Charlton goal, a display of togetherness thats rarely seen, that doesn't point to a rotten majority.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, toppOwl said:


So why does Bannan come out after games and apologise, he did it again yesterday. The reaction after the late goal v Charlton also didn’t look like the reaction of players who are refusing to play, Fletcher is another who you can’t put into this category and add Murphy, Fox and Iorfa.

 

its all very confusing.

 

They are collectively mentality and physical weak - a scrambled win against a team who are likely to be relegated, was probably unexpected and celebrated like a cup final victory.

 

The way the fixtures have fallen, I can't see this team/squad getting a win until Huddersfield in April - and then it will be a struggle. In fact, looking at the fixtures I really can't see another win - perhaps Middlesbrough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players have given up on the managers clueless tactics and baffling constant team changes. 
 

That’s the reality. 
 

I think the vast majority of players want to do well and from what I’ve seen they usually put a shift in. 
 

Clearly the heads went very early on yesterday. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...