Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am a bit surprised Monk is still here.
Had a feeling would have had a statement on Monday about 'Monk has left by mutual consent'
Be Bullen back in charge with Westwood and Hutchinson in the side as returning heroes. 

Thrash Forest 3-0, Bristol City 5-0, WBA 2-0 and then back to being poo again when the big egos kick in yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chansiri,Paixao & monk had a meeting this afternoon.

 

vote of confidence?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richowl said:

Chansiri,Paixao & monk had a meeting this afternoon.

 

vote of confidence?

 

Hearsay or you know for definite?

 

I think Monk is desperate to go but compo and principle are keeping him here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, richowl said:

Chansiri,Paixao & monk had a meeting this afternoon.

 

vote of confidence?

 

The man in charge making sure his subordinates know what is expected of them?

:ph34r:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richowl said:

Chansiri,Paixao & monk had a meeting this afternoon.

 

vote of confidence?

 

Perhaps Monk was being given a list of next season's signings. :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richowl said:

Chansiri,Paixao & monk had a meeting this afternoon.

 

vote of confidence?

3 wise monkeys....... know fu## all....say fu## all....do fu## all ...!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morepork said:

 

Hearsay or you know for definite?

 

I think Monk is desperate to go but compo and principle are keeping him here. 

Definitely happened.

 

unsure of the reason/outcome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, richowl said:

Definitely happened.

 

unsure of the reason/outcome 

 

Thanks.

Hard to imagine it’s recruitment so you’d have to wonder what it could possibly have to do with AP....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At times with the current lock down i almost forget that we still have Monk in charge as manager of SWFC.

 

Then I remember our league results since Xmas

 

Stoke City away 3-2 lost

Cardiff City home - 1-2  lost

Hull City home - 0-1  lost

Leeds away - 2-0  won

Blackburn home - 0-5  lost

Wigan away - 2-1  lost

Millwall home 0-0 drew

Barnsley - away - 1-1  drew

Luton Town - away - 1-0  lost

Reading home 0-3 lost

Birmingham away 3-3 drew

Charlton home 1-0 won

Dertby County home 1-3 lost

Brentford away 0-5 lost

 

Played 14 - Points available 42 - Points gained 9

 

This would equate to 28-29 points over a complete season.

 

How on earth is Monk still in a job?

 

Hopefully when football restarts Monk will be long gone.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This break will hopefully help Monk learn a few lessons.

 

Added to that we should have Reach, Lee, Börner and Luongo back fit so it would represent an opportunity to be a bit of an inflection point for him.

 

I can’t say I have any confidence in him to turn it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realisitically Monk has now survived the season and will get to start the next one no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thought of Monk being in charge at the start of next season is truly depressing.

 

Plus it will absolutely kill season ticket sales.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

The thought of Monk being in charge at the start of next season is truly depressing.

 

Plus it will absolutely kill season ticket sales.

 

Who would replace him we are no longer an half decent propersition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

At times with the current lock down i almost forget that we still have Monk in charge as manager of SWFC.

 

Then I remember our league results since Xmas

 

Stoke City away 3-2 lost

Cardiff City home - 1-2  lost

Hull City home - 0-1  lost

Leeds away - 2-0  won

Blackburn home - 0-5  lost

Wigan away - 2-1  lost

Millwall home 0-0 drew

Barnsley - away - 1-1  drew

Luton Town - away - 1-0  lost

Reading home 0-3 lost

Birmingham away 3-3 drew

Charlton home 1-0 won

Dertby County home 1-3 lost

Brentford away 0-5 lost

 

Played 14 - Points available 42 - Points gained 9

 

This would equate to 28-29 points over a complete season.

 

How on earth is Monk still in a job?

 

Hopefully when football restarts Monk will be long gone.

 

 

 

or another way of putting it, since we lost our only effective forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Realisitically Monk has now survived the season and will get to start the next one no doubt.

Absolutely. His opportunity to revamp the squad and then judge if he cuts the mustard or not. The best thing right now is we get rid of a load of 

 

players who are not good enough or dont give a stuff.

Edited by Asio otus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must not have short memories.

 

Time and again people were saying that Monk should be nowhere near any rebuild.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Realisitically Monk has now survived the season and will get to start the next one no doubt.

He will only survive if there’s a massive improvement when/ if football returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be proven totally wrong but if/when football restarts I can see SWFC season ticket sales falling off badly if it is clear that Monk is staying as Manager.

 

The football under Monk pre-Christmas was poor but we were picking up a decent number of points but after Xmas results and performances were abysmal.

 

When thinking about purchasing a season ticket many people may have some of those matches in front of mind, in particular:

 

Wednesday v Blackburn 0-5 lost

Wednesday v Reading 0-3 lost

Luton Town v Wednesday 1-0 lost ( Luton also missed a Penalty and 3 simple chances too)

Wednesday v Derby 1-3 lost

Brentford v Wednesday 5-0 lost

 

Rarely in Championship football do you see a team give up but that is what happened in some of those games under Monk.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, McRightSide said:

This break will hopefully help Monk learn a few lessons.

 

Added to that we should have Reach, Lee, Börner and Luongo back fit so it would represent an opportunity to be a bit of an inflection point for him.

 

I can’t say I have any confidence in him to turn it around.

Ironic thing to say during a Chinese pandemic, also in real terms be good to see him get any point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...