16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Who are the sh*t in your opinion, because we're going to have to decide on names when picking who stays and goes. Because I get the impression based on his team selections that Monk thinks the sh*t are the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson, and the likes of Dawson and Pelupessy are doing a good job since they get to play every week despite putting in 1/10 performances the week before.

To me the sh*t are the ones who are on the pitch every week not performing: Dawson, Palmer, Fox, Lees, Lee, Pelupessy, Harris, Murphy, Nuhui... I'm excluding Iorfa, Bannan and Fletcher because i think they'd perform in a better team, not their fault they're surrounded by cr*p.

So I can't see any evidence that Monk has identified the problems to be honest... his team selections suggest that he sees less than most other people.

I agree these players need to be out, problem of his own making is he has frozen players out who could / should be playing, but if someone new came in

wouldn't it be another case of everyone's got a clean slate and new Manager get's hoodwinked, all starts again.

And it's not my opinion that counts with ref to sh!t players, that's down to the Manager.

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Monk supposedly identified the problem areas weeks ago yet still picks from the same bunch of players who are causing him problems week in week out. He continues to pick the bang out of form Dawson, he continues to pick Pelupessy, he plays Da Cruz from the start in different positions, none of which work. He makes substitutions at half time in nearly every game because what he works on all week goes down the drain within half an hour. 2 first half at goals at home under him all season shows how much attacking intent he sends us out with.

Agree but he has frozen players out, so not much choice, made a rod for his own back.

What I am trying to get across is that if you change the Manager now, we might not get rid of the players we need to enabling the Club to move on positively.

Is Chansiri even in the country ? Honestly hope he sells up. Monk is not the issue. I dont know what everyone expected when a manager comes in and the back room staff is the same as it was for the previous manager. 

One man cant change everything. He needs trusted associates at the side of him. Chansiri has sold him short.

Utter disgrace of a chairman.

37 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Agree about the players but they're picked and instructed by the manager, coached by him and the likes of Bullen.

The issues are far bigger than simply the manager to be fair but our form is as bad as when Jos was axed. If we do nothing, I can see us going down with or without a points deduction.

Can we risk sticking with Monk and Bullen, and somehow hoping we stay up, when it's hard to see where the next win will come from?

This. We must fix the short term risk of relegation and then focus on the bigger picture. Something has to change to give us a boost, we carry on as we are and we will get relegated imo.

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I agree these players need to be out, problem of his own making is he has frozen players out who could / should be playing, but if someone new came in

wouldn't it be another case of everyone's got a clean slate and new Manager get's hoodwinked, all starts again.

And it's not my opinion that counts with ref to sh!t players, that's down to the Manager.

Agree but he has frozen players out, so not much choice, made a rod for his own back.

What I am trying to get across is that if you change the Manager now, we might not get rid of the players we need to enabling the Club to move on positively.

Yep, his own fault, another negative and I am struggling to see anyone actually point to any positives in terms of what his management offers.

No need to appoint a long-term manager now, nobody is likely to sign up to that until the potential points deduction is decided anyway.

I know many feel Bullen is part of the problem and I agree he has been appointed to a position above his ability. I don't mind having him at the club but he should have a role with the academy teams or an ambassadorial position, not first team coach. However, his caretaker record is generally win one, lose one or two. I would take that right now and feel he could do no worse than Monk is. 

5 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Is Chansiri even in the country ? Honestly hope he sells up. Monk is not the issue. I dont know what everyone expected when a manager comes in and the back room staff is the same as it was for the previous manager. 

One man cant change everything. He needs trusted associates at the side of him. Chansiri has sold him short.

Monk doesn't have any trusted associates with any football coaching ability!

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

While ever Chansiri and his lapdog are here, there is no point changing the manager. 

Wasn’t any point bringing Bruce in then ... ?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, his own fault, another negative and I am struggling to see anyone actually point to any positives in terms of what his management offers.

No need to appoint a long-term manager now, nobody is likely to sign up to that until the potential points deduction is decided anyway.

I know many feel Bullen is part of the problem and I agree he has been appointed to a position above his ability. I don't mind having him at the club but he should have a role with the academy teams or an ambassadorial position, not first team coach. However, his caretaker record is generally win one, lose one or two. I would take that right now and feel he could do no worse than Monk is. 

I agree, I am just so worried if we get rid of Monk then the players who need to go, get to stay, something has to change, and I dont think Chansiri has the

wherewithal to do this.

39 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing is, what exactly are these off the field circumstances that are compelling us to play absolutely dog sh*t week after week and conceding so many goals? 

We have financial problems and FFP problems... what else? Because even despite that we have a squad of players who should be able to pick up more points than they have. It's totally the managers fault for picking the wrong team every week and bad tactics. He's blaming everyone but himself for the situation and he needs to go.

Financial problems really shouldn't stop a manager picking a team and doing the basics well. 

Agree in part, but obvious some players are capable but choose not to give a throw.

I agree motivation falls within the remit of the manager but when some players in the squad can't muster the basics, nigh on impossible.

I dont think for one minute some team selections are by choice. Imagine if a player has done fizz all in training all week, do they deserve to play ahead of someone whose been busting a gut day in day out? What message would that send?

Let's also not forget this isn't Monks team, nor his choice of backroom staff and ended up with players off the 'b' or 'c' recruitment list in January. 

I'm all for positive change, so if we sack Monk, who is his replacement?

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree in part, but obvious some players are capable but choose not to give a throw.

I agree motivation falls within the remit of the manager but when some players in the squad can't muster the basics, nigh on impossible.

I dont think for one minute some team selections are by choice. Imagine if a player has done fizz all in training all week, do they deserve to play ahead of someone whose been busting a gut day in day out? What message would that send?

Let's also not forget this isn't Monks team, nor his choice of backroom staff and ended up with players off the 'b' or 'c' recruitment list in January. 

THIS

37 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The only advantage I could see in Meggo coming back would be to be able to watch the flappin' f.ookers run through greno woods....I'd be there in lincoln green wiv a bloody quarterstaff...stood on log across a stream , knocking the overpaid wasters into the sodding river...one by one 

"Thats for Blackburn" I'd warble 

"Thats for Brentford" I'd yell

"Thats cos yer Pelupessy " I'd whitter

I would let Bannan across...Iorfa ..I mean...(Even wiv a f.ookin' quarter staff?)

Then i'd disappear into the greenwood singin' "Hi Ho" as  Alan a Dale would sing it

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen all day !

4 minutes ago, striker said:

But how do we know for sure we have players doing that? The ones that people are rumouring that applies to have always put a shift in on the pitch for the last 5 years so it’s hard to see it being that simple. The ones that we are picking have a lack of quality on the whole

i don’t know on the long term replacement.. depends entirely on what’s going on with Chansiri, what’s the budget for next year etc.. we have no leadership at boardroom level

all I know is, looking at our fixtures I can’t see another win until maybe the last day against Middlesbrough for as long as Monk is here. A new manager, pretty much anyone, would have more of a chance of picking up a couple of results to keep us up. If we lose 12 points we’re going to need a good run to stay up so he has to go to give us a chance

22 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Previous manager - Bruce had his own two mates as well.

Monk, it seems, has been allowed nobody. Absolutely ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, PriceAPP said:

Previous manager - Bruce had his own two mates as well.

Monk, it seems, has been allowed nobody. Absolutely ridiculous. 

It seems the Bruce episode has killed off any enthusiasm DC had left for running the club.

He convinced him to come, allowed him to delay it , let him bring his own staff including recruitment and fitness only for Bruce to let him down.

He looked totally fed up at the Monk unveiling, I don’t think he will have any inclination at all to try and find another manager so Monk will stay. It’s too much trouble.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

But how do we know for sure we have players doing that? The ones that people are rumouring that applies to have always put a shift in on the pitch for the last 5 years so it’s hard to see it being that simple. The ones that we are picking have a lack of quality on the whole

i don’t know on the long term replacement.. depends entirely on what’s going on with Chansiri, what’s the budget for next year etc.. we have no leadership at boardroom level

all I know is, looking at our fixtures I can’t see another win until maybe the last day against Middlesbrough for as long as Monk is here. A new manager, pretty much anyone, would have more of a chance of picking up a couple of results to keep us up. If we lose 12 points we’re going to need a good run to stay up so he has to go to give us a chance

We've been poo for years, exactly the same cycle time after time with the same core of players. 

Anyone watching recent games can see the lack of effort. 

Absolutely right, lack of quality obviously, but I'd rather that than a 'quality' player going through the motions and taking the wee wee. 

Spot on re lack of leadership, that's the bigger problem. This is DC's creation, his decisions, method of running a club and ultimately his responsibility.

Also, bear in mind it took us over 2 months to replace Bruce. The likely outcome if Monk leaves is Bullen, propped up by the very same players who dont give a throw about the club and who've seemingly downed tools. 

We then move into the most important transfer window of recent years this summer with no manager and the likelihood of a Paxo appointment on the cards. 

I'm not a fan of Monk, pretty ambivalent TBH,  if DC had a plan, a replacement lined up, any flipping clue what's happening, then I'd be all for it. 

I have 2 key questions for Striker:

Firstly did you attend the following SWFC matches under the "management" of Monk: 

Blackburn 0-5 lost

Wigan 2-1 lost

Luton Town 1-0 lost

Reading 0-3 lost

Derby County 1-3 lost

Brentford 0-5 lost

Se you assert that Monk is a good manager and have been asked on here to provide some evidence of this from his managerial career.

What evidence do you have.?

any manager that says , We need players like da cruz , can't be that great lol 

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Well who’s the imposter that’s just re-laid my driveway?

Borodrive.

• Haha 1

So it’s taken 11 pages so far but assuming the answer to the question is no, Monk hasn’t gone

Unless he walks then he won’t go anywhere till the EFL case is resolved and Chansiri can sell us 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have 2 key questions for Striker:

Firstly did you attend the following SWFC matches under the "management" of Monk: 

Blackburn 0-5 lost

Wigan 2-1 lost

Luton Town 1-0 lost

Reading 0-3 lost

Derby County 1-3 lost

Brentford 0-5 lost

Se you assert that Monk is a good manager and have been asked on here to provide some evidence of this from his managerial career.

What evidence do you have.?

Not Derby or Brentford. 

I said Monk isn't a bad manager, think I was on record as being underwhelmed when appointed.

Not my job to justify his appointment, DC's decision. I advocated Rowett and one of those who 'lumped on'

Is Monk preferable to Bullen or a Paxo appointment? Yes. 

Will sacking Monk be the solution to our problems? No, not even close

Also worth noting, we were doing pretty well up to Christmas.

For the third time, I'll ask, who is your choice of replacement. 

(I dont mind at all if Monk sacked, but am concerned about what happens afterwards with no plan or replacement lined up)

Edited by striker

I have to say that one shred of evidence to support Monk being a good manager would help me to understand where you are coming from.

I can't see a single achievement on his CV but I can see that he was fired at Swansea, Boro and Birmingham after relatively short spells in charge.

Results hare key and since Christmas I think we all agree these have been catastrophic.

In terms of a replacement I buy into Ash's post earlier saying that we are in a crisis situation and a short term appointment of either Warnock, Pulis plus Megson or Alladyce might work well for both parties.