Just now, TaxiMark said:

So you would just carry on with Monk and Bully then yeah?

With these players, making a change now would make zero difference. IMO

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We need the bite the bullet and go and get the other Gary from Birminhams past, the one who can build a team on a shoe string and play to his teams strength and currently with a rubbish squad on paper is just 2 points off the play offs.

Even he would fail with this shower.

7 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I diasagree with Striker 100% when he says:

Look, Monk isn't a bad manager. He's shown promise, decent spells in his career and still only 40.

Well I think Monk is dreadful:

poor team selections

counter-productive

zero motivation

conflict in the camp.

It is clear to see why Swansea, Boro and Birningham fired him pretty pronto.

As a fan base we are sfar too accepting of rubbish ten a penny managers like Monk.

The results arfe shocking and we need some ambition.

We really can do far better than this.

One or two people keep saying things like this, that Monk is a good manager without providing any evidence.

His track record with us is pretty much like every club he has been at. Starts of fairly well, tails off quickly and rarely last longer than a year. Swansea, had a good initial impact and finished the season well. Next season looked like relegation was on the cards and got sacked. Leeds started off really well, tailed off, failed to make the play-offs and left after not seeing eye-to-eye with the club. Middlesbrough, spent loads of money, football was poor, results were average, got sacked and his replacement got them in the top 6. Birmingham, did really well initially, lifted the team into the top half with minimal resources, points deduction had an impact and they tailed off and he fell out with the club. 

Where is anything to suggest it is wise to give him more time? 

Personally  I think the EFL are playing the feck out of this situation. Delay, delay, delay WTF are they playing at ? Is there a chance Chansiri has them rocking on a favourable outcome ? Pressure needs to be brought to bare on the Arbitration panel in order we may (STRESS MAY) see some clear water. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

I haven’t got one. But it definitely wouldn’t be Megson 

If it's not the likes of Warnock or Megson short term just to keep us up, then it will probably be Bullen again. However, I see Bullen as part of the long on-going issue, along with the players, agents/advisers and owner. If not a proven experienced short term option then why not go for an up and coming Lower League manager on the rise? (The likes of Ainsworth for instance). No matter what we do, results aren't good enough, we're running out of games and we need a rebuild and rethink in the summer because it's a shambles on and off the pitch, and as been ever since the two failed play off campaigns.  

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

If we need a firefighter to come in for the last 9 games then Warnock would be ideal, he's retiring at the end of the season so it would only be very short term. Then bring someone new in, in the summer when all the deadwood has been released.

As for Megson I can guarantee he wouldn't come to the club under Chansiri, I know people who know him and let's just say he's not exactly a fan.

I wouldnt back against it mate.

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

If it's not the likes of Warnock or Megson short term just to keep us up, then it will probably be Bullen again. However, I see Bullen as part of the long on-going issue, along with the players, agents/advisers and owner. If not a proven experienced short term option then why not go for an up and coming Lower League manager on the rise? (The likes of Ainsworth for instance). No matter what we do, results aren't good enough, we're running out of games and we need a rebuild and rethink in the summer because it's a shambles on and off the pitch, and as been ever since the two failed play off campaigns.  

In the summer yes but changing now wouldn’t achieve anything.

Monk has to discard Lees, JP, Dawson and maybe some others. Got to hope Luongo and reach coming back will make a difference 

The players are the ones who’ve let us down. When they cross that line the very least you’d expect is a bit of effort. 

25 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I diasagree with Striker 100% when he says:

Look, Monk isn't a bad manager. He's shown promise, decent spells in his career and still only 40.

Well I think Monk is dreadful:

poor team selections

counter-productive

zero motivation

conflict in the camp.

It is clear to see why Swansea, Boro and Birningham fired him pretty pronto.

As a fan base we are sfar too accepting of rubbish ten a penny managers like Monk.

The results arfe shocking and we need some ambition.

We really can do far better than this.

I know it's an over used argument but who?

I genuinely don't think Monk is a bad manager, circumstances, some of which out of his control exasperating the situation. 

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Personally  I think the EFL are playing the feck out of this situation. Delay, delay, delay WTF are they playing at ? Is there a chance Chansiri has them rocking on a favourable outcome ? Pressure needs to be brought to bare on the Arbitration panel in order we may (STRESS MAY) see some clear water. 

I would of thought it be the club playing the feck out of it not the EFL ,  don’t forget it’s us that’s challenging the legality of the charge via arbitration not the EFL 

The longer it goes on the bigger mess it is for the EFL,  they want a huge points deduction ASAP to get Mr Gibson off there back 

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Monk has to discard Lees, JP, Dawson and maybe some others. Got to hope Luongo and reach coming back will make a difference 

The players are the ones who’ve let us down. When they cross that line the very least you’d expect is a bit of effort. 

Agree about the players but they're picked and instructed by the manager, coached by him and the likes of Bullen.

The issues are far bigger than simply the manager to be fair but our form is as bad as when Jos was axed. If we do nothing, I can see us going down with or without a points deduction.

Can we risk sticking with Monk and Bullen, and somehow hoping we stay up, when it's hard to see where the next win will come from?

If Monk left, new man comes in, players play out of their skins till end of Season, all get new contracts,

then it all starts again, and round and round we go until the Club has imploded.

Monk has identified the problem areas lets let him get rid of the sh!t, we can always get rid of him at a later date.

Lets just hope we don't get relegated whilst the process plays out.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Agree about the players but they're picked and instructed by the manager, coached by him and the likes of Bullen.

The issues are far bigger than simply the manager to be fair but our form is as bad as when Jos was axed. If we do nothing, I can see us going down with or without a points deduction.

Can we risk sticking with Monk and Bullen, and somehow hoping we stay up, when it's hard to see where the next win will come from?

But they aren’t set up and coached to go and play as though they don’t care? 
They should be docked wages for that performance 

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I know it's an over used argument but who?

I genuinely don't think Monk is a bad manager, circumstances, some of which out of his control exasperating the situation. 

Thing is, what exactly are these off the field circumstances that are compelling us to play absolutely dog sh*t week after week and conceding so many goals? 

We have financial problems and FFP problems... what else? Because even despite that we have a squad of players who should be able to pick up more points than they have. It's totally the managers fault for picking the wrong team every week and bad tactics. He's blaming everyone but himself for the situation and he needs to go.

Financial problems really shouldn't stop a manager picking a team and doing the basics well. 

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

If Monk left, new man comes in, players play out of their skins till end of Season, all get new contracts,

then it all starts again, and round and round we go until the Club has imploded.

Monk has identified the problem areas lets let him get rid of the sh!t, we can always get rid of him at a later date.

Who are the sh*t in your opinion, because we're going to have to decide on names when picking who stays and goes. Because I get the impression based on his team selections that Monk thinks the sh*t are the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson, and the likes of Dawson and Pelupessy are doing a good job since they get to play every week despite putting in 1/10 performances the week before.

To me the sh*t are the ones who are on the pitch every week not performing: Dawson, Palmer, Fox, Lees, Lee, Pelupessy, Harris, Murphy, Nuhui... I'm excluding Iorfa, Bannan and Fletcher because i think they'd perform in a better team, not their fault they're surrounded by cr*p.

So I can't see any evidence that Monk has identified the problems to be honest... his team selections suggest that he sees less than most other people.

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Monk supposedly identified the problem areas weeks ago yet still picks from the same bunch of players who are causing him problems week in week out. He continues to pick the bang out of form Dawson, he continues to pick Pelupessy, he plays Da Cruz from the start in different positions, none of which work. He makes substitutions at half time in nearly every game because what he works on all week goes down the drain within half an hour. 2 first half at goals at home under him all season shows how much attacking intent he sends us out with.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

But they aren’t set up and coached to go and play as though they don’t care? 
They should be docked wages for that performance 

True and the same thing as happened numerous times before whilst Bullen and some of the players have been here. However, they have been capable of some sort of new manager bounce.

My issue with Monk, even before he came here, was he's never stuck around in a job and never achieved anything at this level. His record here is also mirroring his record at his previous clubs too, a decent spell followed by a collapse. Nothing he's done previously or whilst here, suggests he's worth sticking with long term or even short term.

Simply to not change anything now and I fear we're as good as down, if not this season then sooner or later. like I said, it's not all the managers fault but he's not blameless or excused, results are simply not good enough.

Short term change is needed just to stay up but we need restructuring and a rebuild in the summer and some sort of long term plan. But Monk and Bullen, just like many of the players, have shown nothing to suggest they're worth being a part of that long term plan.

The only advantage I could see in Meggo coming back would be to be able to watch the flappin' f.ookers run through greno woods....I'd be there in lincoln green wiv a bloody quarterstaff...stood on log across a stream , knocking the overpaid wasters into the sodding river...one by one 

"Thats for Blackburn" I'd warble 

"Thats for Brentford" I'd yell

"Thats cos yer Pelupessy " I'd whitter

I would let Bannan across...Iorfa ..I mean...(Even wiv a f.ookin' quarter staff?)

Then i'd disappear into the greenwood singin' "Hi Ho" as  Alan a Dale would sing it

• Haha 5

If we are to get rid, then let's make sure we get shut of Bullen as well. 

Might as well have a clean sweep. 

• Like 1

While ever Chansiri and his lapdog are here, there is no point changing the manager. 

33 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

When I read that it reminded me of our old JP. 
Oh how I loved him.