Interesting tweet (if genuine)

So where's the so called " legend " in all this. He should be sticking his head above the parapet and letting the fans know the truth if he had any shred of integrity and really loved the club as he purports to ?

Edited by daveyboy66

42 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Yes. Forgot about him. Probably I assumed incorrectly the tweeter was talking about those who played.

Wildsmith looked so embarrassed walking in front of our fans before the second half even though he got a positive reception

13 minutes ago, modboy said:

Wildsmith looked so embarrassed walking in front of our fans before the second half even though he got a positive reception

In fairness to him, it probably was a bit embarrassing. Singing about him being ‘one of our own’ whilst sarcastically cheering Dawson catching the ball. Probably glad he ain’t playing. 

Ps. Not saying I wouldn’t drop Dawson, just not keen on the treatment of him. 

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Isn’t this what Jos did? I’m thinking he knew there were issues and that’s why he played the youngsters. Unfortunately he wasn’t the best manager in the world. 
I’d rather Monk do similar, we aren’t getting results anyway so there’s nothing to lose.

I do feel a bit for Monk in some respects, no matter who the manager is we’d have the same problems. Probably explains his team selections.

Possibly. I think its got to the stage where a statement on the pitch is necessary. 

Call out the wasters and give their places to u23's if necessary. When asked about team selection, monk can then legitimately say he's put out a team who want to play for the club, we can then all see the scale of the problems our owner included.

3 hours ago, the third man said:

Until he started falling out with players, and Monk had a better squad

How so?

In attack, Bruce had Hooper, João and Matias to call upon in addition to those still here, whereas once Fletcher got injured, Monk was reduced to trying to fashion a strikeforce out of Winnall, Nuhiu and Rhodes. Failing to replace those that left with a single new striker was criminal, really. Monk was given Wickham and Da Cruz at the end of January, but a lot of the damage had already been done by then.

In midfield, Bruce had Onomah, who we haven't replaced, and Aarons, who we replaced with similar in Harris. He also played Boyd a fair bit and didn't replace him. In defence, he had Hector, who's a cut above Börner, and Lazaar, who I'd pick over Onomah.

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

If the tweet is from who I think it is then it’s probably an accurate reflection of conversation between players and fans as the team left. What I don’t get who are these senior players? Westwood and Hutch? Two of our best players of the last four years. Who have played no part in the post Christmas debacle? That doesn’t make sense

Yes and no. Could be that the problem is rife but they were the biggest at causing trouble/the ones deemed easiest to replace.

5 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Who are these senior pros? If any played yesterday then they are part of the problem as none came out with any merit.

Also, who are the players who ‘couldn’t be arsed’? Why is Monk still having them in the squad?

Indeed. The tweets say there are players in the squad not trying, yet there are also senior pros who came out and talked honestly. Not 1 player could say that they did anything worthy of any credit yesterday so where is the divide between the senior pros that do care and those who don't?

5 at least of the 14 that featured yesterday are new players this season, not part of any past regime yet can't really be described as experienced pro's so who is in which camp?

4 hours ago, steelowl said:

you're not factoring in that some are prob going to pack in anyway as millionaires, why would they give a feck ?

Who out of our current squad is going to retire at the end of this season?

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Sooner or later we have to back a manager over the players. Given whats gone on with Carlos, Bullen and Jos, for me that time is now. 

Monk has been quite clear about culture and problems, where Jos wasn’t, but obviously the issues are similar. 

I don’t trust the club to appoint a better manager than Monk, the Bruce one was a one off im sure. 

Let’s back him until the summer and let him rid the club of its parasites. Only

then can we move forward.

Must admit though, I’d rather he have kept SH/KW et al on side until we were safe from relegation and then binned them off in the summer. Really difficult to get all those he’s basically said are gonna be off in 3 months to play for him. 

If Monk had any track record of building a side or had shown anything tactically beyond relying on Fletcher's form then I would agree with you.

The manager can go for me and the players can follow him in the summer and start afresh. 

5 hours ago, striker said:

I understand the need to be professional, but Monk is on a hiding to nothing. Put out a team to highlight how deep rooted the problem is, use the U23's to show which players don't care.

Doesn't matter what the name on the shirt is, if no effort given, suspect that would mitigate the effect of playing a youth player.

If players aren't trying they might as well not be in the team. Even if the U23's haven't got the ability we know they will give 100%. I'd rather watch a group of kids give 100% and fail because of lack of ability than watch a group of talented players lose because they don't try.

If we are losing 5 nil with the first team playing how the hell can it get worse.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

If players aren't trying they might as well not be in the team. Even if the U23's haven't got the ability we know they will give 100%. I'd rather watch a group of kids give 100% and fail because of lack of ability than watch a group of talented players lose because they don't try.

If we are losing 5 nil with the first team playing how the hell can it get worse.

I agree and we could have said the same thing after most matches this year yet Monk continues to pick the same bunch that he says are not performing for him. Why?

53 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Starting to understand what Jos was up against.

Bet he couldn’t get back to Germany quick enough 

He'd have been quicker to take a taxi to the airport and fly than hanging around Sheffield railway station with his suitcase. :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

I can understand that train of thought, but is it fair to those youngsters to be thrown into a Championship side bereft of form and confidence?

Should the probable occur and their presence fails to miraculously turn our form on its head, the impact it could have on their nascent careers could be devastating.

Perhaps the lesser of two evils is to let the senior 'professionals' who've played us into the mire face the music rather than giving them a way out at the expense of our U23s?

If it's true it's a shame that he ended up talking to fans who's advise was to hire Carlton Palmer and John Sheridan!

Ask him why Pelupessy is playing every week 

6 hours ago, modboy said:

Monk is like the supply teacher who doesn't know how to control the class.

No coincidence they listened to Bruce, a legend who'd been there and done it.

I am sure they did have respect for Bruce but how about the f....ing club they play for. Good players always give their all regardless of who the manager is. It showed when they played city on the TV , they could put a shift in, too many players stealing a wage.