Interesting tweet (if genuine)

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

This is actually the worst kind of tweet, all it does is fan the flames of speculation and paranoia.

Monk should know better.

Is Monk posting on here now? 

lol

• Haha 3

I think people are getting carried away a bit , Tuesday night at home we put all 11 men behind the ball and told city to attack but today we went out to try and win the game against a good side , it’s a mind set at club level players and management  Unfortunate we just not good enough. Chansiri Is going anywhere soon so hopefully we get lucky and he finds somebody who’ll turn are fortunes around. So as a prerequisite Monk has to go!

if things carry on this way  division one beckons, either next season or the one after.

8 minutes ago, Itchy said:

I think people are getting carried away a bit , Tuesday night at home we put all 11 men behind the ball and told city to attack but today we went out to try and win the game against a good side , it’s a mind set at club level players and management  Unfortunate we just not good enough. Chansiri Is going anywhere soon so hopefully we get lucky and he finds somebody who’ll turn are fortunes around. So as a prerequisite Monk has to go!

if things carry on this way  division one beckons, either next season or the one after.

We did the same on Wednesday night.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They listened to Monk for as long as they listened to Bruce, too... 

29 points out of 18 games for Bruce

30 points out of 18 games for Monk

Until he started falling out with players, and Monk had a better squad

It's all well and good blaming 'senior players' who I assume means Hutch and Westwood. There not around and haven't been since Christmas. 

If Monk continues to play Pelupessy, we'll lose more than we'll win and draw combined - it's not hard to see that. But I suppose Pelupessy tows the line so he's alreyt.

The club is a shambles.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Monk is like the supply teacher who doesn't know how to control the class.

No coincidence they listened to Bruce, a legend who'd been there and done it.

Even Bruce had to read the riot act to, what is basically, the same group of players once the 'new manager' bounce had worn off.

He also said that it would take more than 1 window,3-4, to get it right.

found this on Twitter. 

Monk had his targets and deals for 4 players leaving. Chansiri got none of Monks targets, scuppered deals for players going out by being like a child asking too much money again. And then panicked and used Doyen again to bring in these panic buys. 

Monk dealt a crap hand.

Sounds possible except that Doyen doesn't have anything to do with the club anymore?

6 minutes ago, darra said:

found this on Twitter. 

Monk had his targets and deals for 4 players leaving. Chansiri got none of Monks targets, scuppered deals for players going out by being like a child asking too much money again. And then panicked and used Doyen again to bring in these panic buys. 

Monk dealt a crap hand.

Sounds possible except that Doyen doesn't have anything to do with the club anymore?

It's plausible, but do the honorable thing then. He did at Leeds and Middlesbrough didn't he?

A few people have mentioned not telling the players mid season that their contracts are up. In fairness there is no way of hiding the fact that you intend to release a player because his agent will be pushing to renew his deal and you’ll be saying no thanks.

Maybe Monks mistake was calling out the players and in turn going to war with them but who on here would have reacted any differently when confronted by the abstract bo!!ocks served up by our team?

I can criticise Monks tactics but I can’t criticise him for not giving a sh!t because you only need to watch a post match presser to see it tearing him apart.

Bottom line is regardless his position is now untenable because these players sold him and us down the river.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

I understand the need to be professional, but Monk is on a hiding to nothing. Put out a team to highlight how deep rooted the problem is, use the U23's to show which players don't care.

Doesn't matter what the name on the shirt is, if no effort given, suspect that would mitigate the effect of playing a youth player.

Isn’t this what Jos did? I’m thinking he knew there were issues and that’s why he played the youngsters. Unfortunately he wasn’t the best manager in the world. 
I’d rather Monk do similar, we aren’t getting results anyway so there’s nothing to lose.

I do feel a bit for Monk in some respects, no matter who the manager is we’d have the same problems. Probably explains his team selections.

Sooner or later we have to back a manager over the players. Given whats gone on with Carlos, Bullen and Jos, for me that time is now. 

Monk has been quite clear about culture and problems, where Jos wasn’t, but obviously the issues are similar. 

I don’t trust the club to appoint a better manager than Monk, the Bruce one was a one off im sure. 

Let’s back him until the summer and let him rid the club of its parasites. Only

then can we move forward.

Must admit though, I’d rather he have kept SH/KW et al on side until we were safe from relegation and then binned them off in the summer. Really difficult to get all those he’s basically said are gonna be off in 3 months to play for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yes, though no similar stories since.

My main recollection from that period was Monk agreeing for the players to have Xmas day off. That went well...

To be fair that was a banking issue and nothing the club could control.

2 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Don’t tell players mid season that they are out of the door at the end of it. Not rocket science. 
Appears to be Monks “Gerald Ratner” moment.

Contract extensions are generally sorted 6 months before expiry of the old one to stop them running out. The players will know they are leaving if their agents haven’t been In talks with the club about extending.

The most obvious ‘thing’ for me is that it’s JP. 

Bottom line though is the manager took the job offered. If he’s that exasperated by what he was promised and didn’t get, then leave and until you do ...stop putting Bannan and Pelupessy together in midfield, play a five at the back, get enough points for safety and then resign without a gagging clause and be honest.

He comes out with some dignity, we stay up and then maybe change will be forced to happen. 

1 hour ago, Nigel Farage said:

And that's all it is a guess.

He's still in the squad, though.

that's ALL it is, A GUESS. I know it's a forum, open to ideas, but a lot of it is small minded, and poisonous.

as I've written in other topics, some of our 'support' have just been waiting, they'd a knife in monk's back at the earliest opportunity (when fletcher got injured and we we're third) the only 'atomic bomb' that went off at Christmas was our only forward worth a tosss got seriously injured.

this was a tightrope we'd been walking for a while, but the backstabbers were in like a shot, with their 'understanding' that more square passing and slow build up play would sort all our problems.

we have an old, broken squad, which reached third place despite being on a' wing and a prayer', when our luck ran out we've faltered, and the 'rebels' have stirred the pot, there's a poison within the club and 'some' of our 'support' have caught it.