Interesting tweet (if genuine)

36 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Don’t tell players mid season that they are out of the door at the end of it. Not rocket science. 
Appears to be Monks “Gerald Ratner” moment.

If that is what's happened, it may not have been Monk's doing. He's suggested in recent interviews that he doesn't deal with the contract side of things.

13 minutes ago, 114mphAndRising said:

I get your point but it’s not the case for all players or everyone would be in the same boat. The problem is that we’ve clearly got a huge proportion of players who sound like they fall into this category. That’s down to whoever is recruiting these players, and non-one seems to have a clue if that’s previous managers or some of these mystery advisors.

the waters have been very 'murky' (and perhaps for a reason) in relation to player recruitment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modboy said:

No idea tbh but yesterday was embarrassing from kick off until I left after the fourth, and heard the fifth. 

Steward said "what has happened to your team? "    I had no answer 

the answer should have been

'we have a team?'

we have some alleged footballers, I very much doubt we have a team.

The whole thing goes way beyond bad form and lack of confidence.

I swear some of them are almost actively trying to lose.

Whatever went off during that festive period must have been like a nuclear bomb.

23 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What I can’t get my head around is players crossing that white line and not giving a throw

Even on a rainy, poo cold Sunday League March in March - you want to bust a gut and win every game, how they can play football and not care is beyond me

Some on here would have you believe they aren’t just a bunch of bottlers. Play well against City and  then capitulate within minutes of the start yesterday. Same thing week in week out. Surprised no one has put their foot through the grill of one of the two seater Bentley’s, which sit as a reminder of the ill-gotten gains to the fans leaving matches. Starting to hate football and the club. Utter pap and an example of performance and attitude that simply would not be tolerated in any other sphere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The whole thing goes way beyond bad form and lack of confidence.

I swear some of them are almost actively trying to lose.

Whatever went off during that festive period must have been like a nuclear bomb.

Remember that story that the players hadn't been paid on time. Wasn't it shortly before Christmas? 

Something may have snowballed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Remember that story that the players hadn't been paid on time. Wasn't it shortly before Christmas? 

Something may have snowballed. 

Yes, though no similar stories since.

My main recollection from that period was Monk agreeing for the players to have Xmas day off. That went well...

Monk needs to play his strongest squad and play a style that suits the players he has at his disposal. It should be just as simple as that.

More deflection, that's all those tweets are. Dragging the club down.

Edited by Nigel Farage
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If the tweet is from who I think it is then it’s probably an accurate reflection of conversation between players and fans as the team left. What I don’t get who are these senior players? Westwood and Hutch? Two of our best players of the last four years. Who have played no part in the post Christmas debacle? That doesn’t make sense

If I had to hazard a guess I’d say probably the guy who refused to get on the team coach to Norwich a few seasons ago.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

If I had to hazard a guess I’d say probably the guy who refused to get on the team coach to Norwich a few seasons ago.

And that's all it is a guess.

He's still in the squad, though.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Sort of sets the tone, doesn't it.

Not saying he is the start of this, but it was the first indication of player power at the club. 

6 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

Monk needs to play his strongest squad and play a style that suits the players he has at his disposal. It should be just as simple as that.

More deflection, that's all those tweets are. Dragging the club down.

If it was so "simple" we'd all be on £20k a week... I know it's beyond frustrating but come on?

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Think FF is one of the few who seems to want to put a shift in. 

I agree. May be being used as a convenient scapegoat. I saw him and Fletch having to drop back yesterday. That not right, for a forward to have to look for the ball by dropping deep.

2 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

I agree. May be being used as a convenient scapegoat. I saw him and Fletch having to drop back yesterday. That not right, for a forward to have to look for the ball by dropping deep.

Perhaps but it was only a couple of months ago he was being called out by the clubs vice captain for not putting enough effort in during training.

The chairman's to blame for all this.  Agreeing to sign almost over the hill players on long contacts. Not wanting to sell enough players to be able to rotate the squad. D-Taxis and the ground sale. Not being around the club enough or having someone run it in his absence.  

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

If true, then confirms my suspicions.

What I don't understand is that if players are going to released, why are they not putting themselves in the best light to be signed by potential other clubs?

Exactly, advertising to your potential employers that you are the type to down tools is not the brightest strategy.

Just now, bassdrinker said:

Exactly, advertising to your potential employers that you are the type to down tools is not the brightest strategy.

you're not factoring in that some are prob going to pack in anyway as millionaires, why would they give a feck ?