Interesting tweet (if genuine)

8 minutes ago, zico.b said:

If true, then confirms my suspicions.

What I don't understand is that if players are going to released, why are they not putting themselves in the best light to be signed by potential other clubs?

a number are at the end of their playing careers anyway, hoping for another cracking deal off the wednesday care home over another couple of years.

or move on to 'scraps' if they're lucky.

14 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Don’t tell players mid season that they are out of the door at the end of it. Not rocket science. 
Appears to be Monks “Gerald Ratner” moment.

ha just made same point didn't see yours 

Apart from the obvious Westwood and Hutchinson, why are no other players being named as being the problems.

Rhodes and Winnall aren’t even in the squad anymore so forget about them in this run.

Who of the 11 starting at Brentford are the ones that Monk is going on about?

And if it’s that obvious then don’t pick them either.

Ive been against playing kids but it’s got to the situation where it genuinely can’t be any worse. Someone needs to name and shame these other professional players who they’re claiming are refusing to do what they’re being paid for.

Guest Bulgaria
7 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Who are these senior pros? If any played yesterday then they are part of the problem as none came out with any merit.

Also, who are the players who ‘couldn’t be arsed’? Why is Monk still having them in the squad?

Indeed.

One would assume that the players who are getting picked are the ones who do care.....so why are the performance so inept?

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

What I can’t get my head around is players crossing that white line and not giving a throw

Even on a rainy, poo cold Sunday League March in March - you want to bust a gut and win every game, how they can play football and not care is beyond me

that's cos you give a *** about swfc and they don't, footballers are mercenaries, they play for the money.

generally speaking we all are, IF you didn't get paid, would you go to work?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

It’s alright Monk saying if he plays the kids we lose but that’s what’s happening at the moment playing the senior pros?

Absolutely. We've been embarrassed many times this season, Blackburn, Reading, Derby, Brentford, the list goes on....

I'd rather see someone representing us on the pitch who gives a throw. Personally, wouldn't have a problem making wholesale changes to make a point, in truth wouldn't affect our form negatively as we cant get any worse. 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What I can’t get my head around is players crossing that white line and not giving a throw

Even on a rainy, poo cold Sunday League March in March - you want to bust a gut and win every game, how they can play football and not care is beyond me

It's all about caring enough though isnt it. 

I'm with you, when I play sunday I give my all and hate losing but there are sometimes when my team comes up against a team that just want it more. They're more niggly,  aggressive, determined.. the ball bounces their way because they go full throttle. 

We're limp. If someone comes at us we wilt. They might care, but I'm not sure they care enough.

11 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Who are these senior pros? If any played yesterday then they are part of the problem as none came out with any merit.

Also, who are the players who ‘couldn’t be arsed’? Why is Monk still having them in the squad?

Exactly my thoughts. Who are the players from yesterday who can’t be arsed, and why the hell are they anywhere near the team if it’s that bad?

2 minutes ago, 114mphAndRising said:

Apart from the obvious Westwood and Hutchinson, why are no other players being named as being the problems.

Rhodes and Winnall aren’t even in the squad anymore so forget about them in this run.

Who of the 11 starting at Brentford are the ones that Monk is going on about?

And if it’s that obvious then don’t pick them either.

Ive been against playing kids but it’s got to the situation where it genuinely can’t be any worse. Someone needs to name and shame these other professional players who they’re claiming are refusing to do what they’re being paid for.

if only by a third party.

3 minutes ago, 114mphAndRising said:

"And if it’s that obvious then don’t pick them either.

Ive been against playing kids but it’s got to the situation where it genuinely can’t be any worse. Someone needs to name and shame these other professional players who they’re claiming are refusing to do what they’re being paid for."

Isn't that what Tos, sorry Jos, did?

Guest Bulgaria

And while I am at it, Liam Palmer's performance yesterday was nothing short of pathetic.  Watching him stroll around, not making efforts to track back just epitomizes the attitude of this club. Can anyone remember the last time he made a crunching tackle, a good defensive header, or a time when he didn't duck when a free kick was heading at him?

And yet you would think he cared more than most.  

22 minutes ago, modboy said:

Monk is like the supply teacher who doesn't know how to control the class.

No coincidence they listened to Bruce, a legend who'd been there and done it.

Bang on the money!  And Monk can’t even go to the headmaster for help

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

that's cos you give a *** about swfc and they don't, footballers are mercenaries, they play for the money.

generally speaking we all are, IF you didn't get paid, would you go to work?

I get your point but it’s not the case for all players or everyone would be in the same boat. The problem is that we’ve clearly got a huge proportion of players who sound like they fall into this category. That’s down to whoever is recruiting these players, and non-one seems to have a clue if that’s previous managers or some of these mystery advisors.

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

That's the problem, they were given fat contracts and allowed to dictate a holiday camp culture in training by Carlos, this then is embedded as the norm and suspect match days become an inconvenience. 

FFS Carlos started the precedent of giving them Christmas day off, allowing them to train when they want. Bullen even followed this through, remember one interview he explained that the players had dictated training in the week and had an input on tactics. 

They don't care, that is obvious from actions on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

really? you actually think that?

No idea tbh but yesterday was embarrassing from kick off until I left after the fourth, and heard the fifth. 

Steward said "what has happened to your team? "    I had no answer