Interesting tweet (if genuine)

The tweet says practically nothing. 

‘to hear what I’ve heard puts a different perspective on it’

ok.....tell us. They are contracted to the club so probably can’t say. But the tweeter can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Monk is like the supply teacher who doesn't know how to control the class.

No coincidence they listened to Bruce, a legend who'd been there and done it.

Did they though? 

Like a repeating cycle, after short term effort for a new manager (we were 3rd under monk), performances and results tailed of towards the end of the season. 

Bruce was reported as being frustrated he couldn't move more players out (thought to be FFP related, but we probably understand more now) and couldn't wait to jump ship.

• Like 2

Just now, modboy said:

Monk is like the supply teacher who doesn't know how to control the class.

No coincidence they listened to Bruce, a legend who'd been there and done it.

They listened to Monk for as long as they listened to Bruce, too... 

29 points out of 18 games for Bruce

30 points out of 18 games for Monk

I'm not convinced it's beyond these players to put in the kind of dreadful performances we've seen for any manager, and it may have been only a matter of time before Bruce discovered this for himself.

As for the tweets - they're not really revealing anything we don't already know. There are clearly players in the squad who don't care. Why that might be and what triggered the collapse in form we've witnessed since Christmas would be more interesting.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, wiggy said:

The tweet says practically nothing. 

‘to hear what I’ve heard puts a different perspective on it’

ok.....tell us. They are contracted to the club so probably can’t say. But the tweeter can.

Yep, you’d think he’d elaborate. And name the players who he says were genuinely upset.

• Like 1

Just now, Morepork said:

Yep, you’d think he’d elaborate. And name the players who he says were genuinely upset.

Not even suggesting naming names. But nothing different there to what has been said in the press. 

I understand the need to be professional, but Monk is on a hiding to nothing. Put out a team to highlight how deep rooted the problem is, use the U23's to show which players don't care.

Doesn't matter what the name on the shirt is, if no effort given, suspect that would mitigate the effect of playing a youth player.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

If the tweet is from who I think it is then it’s probably an accurate reflection of conversation between players and fans as the team left. What I don’t get who are these senior players? Westwood and Hutch? Two of our best players of the last four years. Who have played no part in the post Christmas debacle? That doesn’t make sense

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 2

What I don’t get is how the players can be so so bad?? Surely, they’re embarrassed by the run of form and want to do something about it. Monk is in charge of picking the team and motivating the players, he changes the 11 every game and, imo, consistently makes errors in his selection. He has to take responsibility. 

whatever the truth in this and after watching  these 'performances' you can believe it 

I just dont think Monk has the gravitas or apparent personality to sort this out in the short term 

what appears to be happening here imo is a mixture of gloom about points deductions knowing they are not going to get a contract and a manager who stupidly tells them that mid season instead of 'you lot are out of contract show me you deserve a new one' 

Bullen is they key here for me, he must know what's going on more than anyone at the club and he needs to start getting a few of these tw@s by the throat 

But  ultimately nothing will get better whilst we have the present ownership