Exploitation of loyalty

36 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

These things don't come with guarantees and circumstances change all the time.

When you ask a question like that in mid-February you must have some idea of the danger that by April you are going to be under a transfer embargo that will make your 'continued spending approach' null and void. Prices didn't come down though did they.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I used to think that, now I'm not so sure. 

Running a football club in a correct, sensible manner isn't that difficult. 

I fear that Chansiri is so entrenched in his ways and perhaps in too deep with certain people that he can't turn it around. 

I've stuck up for the man enough on here over the years and in the last 12 or so months that support has completely dissipated. I have little to no faith in the man to turn it around. 

Hopefully, I am wrong and he does change his ways. 

I can appreciate all that and maybe you are right but I have never had any experience of how the club is run from day to day.

For all I know all the i & t's are dotted and every process is followed to the letter or maybe everything is a complete shambles and you can't lay a finger on anything.

My reasoning is that there are 21 other clubs are in the league and despite how much money is spent or how good the players are, those other 21 clubs aren't going to roll over just because its Sheffield Wednesday they are facing.

No guarantees in football whatsoever ... sadly.

15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I can appreciate all that and maybe you are right but I have never had any experience of how the club is run from day to day.

For all I know all the i & t's are dotted and every process is followed to the letter or maybe everything is a complete shambles and you can't lay a finger on anything.

My reasoning is that there are 21 other clubs are in the league and despite how much money is spent or how good the players are, those other 21 clubs aren't going to roll over just because its Sheffield Wednesday they are facing.

No guarantees in football whatsoever ... sadly.

No right minded football fan expects guarantees... I'll give him slack for the Bruce betrayal but the rest has been an amateur playing with more money than he should steward in respect of a club that deserves better (the support and staff) than he can give.... NOBODY thought there would be guarantees..

Edited by Costello 77

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I used to think that, now I'm not so sure. 

Running a football club in a correct, sensible manner isn't that difficult. 

I fear that Chansiri is so entrenched in his ways and perhaps in too deep with certain people that he can't turn it around. 

I've stuck up for the man enough on here over the years and in the last 12 or so months that support has completely dissipated. I have little to no faith in the man to turn it around. 

Hopefully, I am wrong and he does change his ways. 

We've been banging this drum for long enough. When he brought in Katrien, we thought he finally learned something, and when he brought in Bruce, we thought he finally learned something.

We're 5 years in. At what point does it become clear that the man is completely incompetent? When have his ideas even sounded like good ones? We've simply gone with the flow, because we had no choice but to hope for the best. Hope has just about ran out. 

Edited by bobness

Now, not being a multi-millionaire...or a ten bob millionaire for that matter 😄 but, before I'd spend one penny on a player...I would spend the MOST I could afford on the best DOF, CEO,scouting network, physio and backroom staff with a view that AS we progress as a club these people would constantly be upgraded as we develop ensuring we are always moving forward. The manager should be the one that drives that plan and should be there until we need one to take us that step forward again....anyone recognise that model ? DC if you have a plan copy the one you know works...no need to thank me lol

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Now, not being a multi-millionaire...or a ten bob millionaire for that matter 😄 but, before I'd spend one penny on a player...I would spend the MOST I could afford on the best DOF, CEO,scouting network, physio and backroom staff with a view that AS we progress as a club these people would constantly be upgraded as we develop ensuring we are always moving forward. The manager should be the one that drives that plan and should be there until we need one to take us that step forward again....anyone recognise that model ? DC if you have a plan copy the one you know works...no need to thank me lol

I'll thank you instead looking from the outside in, I could go along with that.

1 hour ago, longreach said:

I think he has made it plain to the "management" that he will take legal action against the posters and the forum owner for any inaccuracies posted about him or his companies.  Personally I don't want to go there again.

Perhaps an alternative is for him or DC to put something out saying what the structure of our club is and what role the guy has at our club.

Then we can stop guessing and posting inaccuracies 

7 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Woke up this morning to an amorous girlfriend and a cheese and mushroom toastie.

She will have to wait until I've eaten and had my time on owlstalk though.

I need to put my glasses on when I wake up, I read that as enormous.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I read that lot and am speechless. 

I think we had all better start posting what a wonderful set of people are running SWFC. 

Does that come under the ruling of deliberately telling lies? 

You can't have it both was. Allegedly. 

I'm now off to read up on the laws of defamation of character and liable and whatever else might cover anything I post on here again. Allegedly. 

I think allegedly covers anything that you might say. 

Allegedly. 

I think that covers it. 

Just in case.... I didn't mean anything I've said and I think everybody is wonderful. lol

No matter what has gone on at the club that was the low point for me

7 hours ago, Grandad said:

I woke up this morning and really couldn't give a damn anymore

The face this got negged is staggering . Why would anybody care . The club is a joke , there are Sunday league teams run better . The chairman is an utter bafoon who makes Dave Allen look like chairman of the year . There is nothing to support , defend , fight for . It’s on its backside and like our players , I like many other have had enough . I honestly laughed when I saw the score yesterday . It would have ruined my weekend not so long back 

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s how it feels to be a Wednesday fan right now.

Woke up this morning very angry and embarrassed, yes embarrassed to support this football club under the current regime. Too much mystery, too many lies and not enough transparency. Sick of it all, it’s been the same for 3 years. Lurking from one disaster to the next. If people seriously think getting rid of Monk will fix all this they couldn’t be more wrong. The same would have happened under Bruce, the only difference is he had the sense and experience to get out as soon as he could. 

But get your 10 year season ticket folks! 

Hasn’t our loyalty/support been taken for granted for pretty much our entire existence?

We've probably only been good for 15-20 years since we were formed. 

We have only been good for about 3 or 4 years at a push since 1980!! 

If it was free to go and watch us I’d still be amazed at how many we get. 

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

You're obviously not a successful businessman.

The key to running a club is to sign aging crocks on long contracts, but managers and coaching staff on rolling one-year contracts!

:Chansiri:

7 hours ago, s73owl said:

R lass is at work so I had to settle for a vvank, packet of ready salted crisps and a double decker before settling down with owlstalk 

I hope you washed your hands.lol

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Absolutely 100% agree.

I have been saying something like this for ages. The biggest investment is players but without the infrastructure it's wasted money.

Without all this in place, changing managers or playing this or that player is just sticking plaster.