Leaders

Not so long ago we had leaders in all areas of the pitch.

We had Westwood getting his defence in consistent shape and understanding. 

We had Hutchinson providing that link with defence and midfield. 

Bannan spraying passes across the park, running his arse off, encouraging and cajoling his team mates. 

Even FF showed his leadership by leading the line. Along with Fletch. Dave demonstrating he was a proper team player, showing his team spirit was second to none, even when he wasn’t playing. 

That competitive spine has been smashed by Monk. 

No leaders but a team of individuals playing poorly, without guidance, no moral or fight. That comes from the man at the top of the coaching. 

Im not buying this off the field stuff. Club maybe not run well or the FFP is really distracting DC, but the weakness, at the moment, is the manager. Those players don’t turn shît overnight. They’re good players. Not world beaters but good players with a fair bit of quality. 

Like any group of players you’re going to get personality clashes, but they need managing. You don’t have to like someone to get the best out of them. 

For me, the leaders have been binned or destroyed by a poor leader on the touch line. 

Get shut of him and bring in Someone like Big Sam. Or be imaginative and make one of the spine players a player manager and then  re-evaluate at the end of the season. 

Every game I watch is a chore. However, today was a new level. 

• Like 2

According to the OP, the club had proper leadership until Westwood and Hutch weren't being played... must've forgotten that it took the club months to hire a manager, but I'm sure that's Monk's fault as well... 

8 hours ago, Nigel Farage said:

Not so long ago we had leaders in all areas of the pitch.

We had Westwood getting his defence in consistent shape and understanding. 

We had Hutchinson providing that link with defence and midfield. 

Bannan spraying passes across the park, running his arse off, encouraging and cajoling his team mates. 

Even FF showed his leadership by leading the line. Along with Fletch. Dave demonstrating he was a proper team player, showing his team spirit was second to none, even when he wasn’t playing. 

That competitive spine has been smashed by Monk. 

No leaders but a team of individuals playing poorly, without guidance, no moral or fight. That comes from the man at the top of the coaching. 

Im not buying this off the field stuff. Club maybe not run well or the FFP is really distracting DC, but the weakness, at the moment, is the manager. Those players don’t turn shît overnight. They’re good players. Not world beaters but good players with a fair bit of quality. 

Like any group of players you’re going to get personality clashes, but they need managing. You don’t have to like someone to get the best out of them. 

For me, the leaders have been binned or destroyed by a poor leader on the touch line. 

Get shut of him and bring in Someone like Big Sam. Or be imaginative and make one of the spine players a player manager and then  re-evaluate at the end of the season. 

Every game I watch is a chore. However, today was a new level. 

Look at the pigs. Shambles off the pitch, hate to say it, but utterly dogged on the pitch.

People are excusing the manager via the chairman. Not saying DC is perfect but the manager picks the team. He chooses the tactics. He motivates the players and quite frankly we are poo.

We haven’t had a leader since Loovens and Semedo left. If I look when we’ve had a small success, there’s always been a good leader. In my time, Bullen, Rob Jones, Semedo and Loovens. Going back back to my old mans time, Pearson. There’s nobody in that dressing room who takes charge or lifts the players. 

14 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Look at the pigs. Shambles off the pitch, hate to say it, but utterly dogged on the pitch.

People are excusing the manager via the chairman. Not saying DC is perfect but the manager picks the team. He chooses the tactics. He motivates the players and quite frankly we are poo.

Exactly. Remember when there was the Osama Bin Laden and McCabe stuff going off. Very messy and loads of uncertainty. Wilder knuckled down, worked on his team, what he had available to him, galvanised a team spirit and went forward. Would have been easier for him to fall back on these excuses but he didn't.

There's loads of examples where managers have had to deal with shîte above them and have got on with, I think of Ashley at Newcastle and their managers like Chris Houghton, Benitez, Pardew etc. Many other examples out there of off the field shenanigans and players and coaches just getting on with it.

Monk picks the side, decides the tactics and makes the substitution. What he is doing is deflecting. Like a workman blaming his tools for his workmanship. He's a poor journeyman who was lucky enough to inherit a premiership side and has never looked back. Apart from a modicum of success at Brummie's, and if you listen to the their fans put that down to his number 2, he done nothing apart from take clubs backwards.

We are where we are with Chansari. Monk just needs to go.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Monk has to be moved on. Performances have been alarming since Xmas and the coach / manager has to carry the can.

But that does not lessen my disgust for the players who have downed tools for a club that has made them all financially secure for life.

Fair comment, but we have those players and they need to be managed.

Do you think if Monk plays the strongest squad available to him as well as playing to the strengths of the players he has at disposal it would be as bad as this?

3 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

Fair comment, but we have those players and they need to be managed.

Do you think if Monk plays the strongest squad available to him as well as playing to the strengths of the players he has at disposal it would be as bad as this?

Maybe not in the short term but would only be putting it off until the summer.

If those players left out do come back into the side I hope we don't welcome them like returning heroes.