This current run

Where does this current run rank? 

I mean, I can remember some pretty bad ones under Jos and Carlos in recent years and then you could go back to the likes of Jones, Irvine, Laws, Turner, Yorath...

Ok, so there's quite a few. 

But I think the most jarring thing about this current run is this should never have happened. We have spent a fortune, pay crazy wages, charge absurd ticket prices...and yet we've managed to end up with one of most spineless, pathetic groups of players I think we will ever likely see. 

At least in the past you could somewhat excuse  players because they just weren't good enough. 

With this lot, it goes way beyond that. For me, there are players going out there and pretty much not trying. 

I see things that you would be embarrassed if you saw them in a Sunday league game. 

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Where does this current run rank? 

I mean, I can remember some pretty bad ones under Jos and Carlos in recent years and then you could go back to the likes of Jones, Irvine, Laws, Turner, Yorath...

Ok, so there's quite a few. 

But I think the most jarring thing about this current run is this should never have happened. We have spent a fortune, pay crazy wages, charge absurd ticket prices...and yet we've managed to end up with one of most spineless, pathetic groups of players I think we will ever likely see. 

At least in the past you could somewhat excuse  players because they just weren't good enough. 

With this lot, it goes way beyond that. For me, there are players going out there and pretty much not trying. 

I see things that you would be embarrassed if you saw them in a Sunday league game. 

The startling thing is the way we have fallen off a cliff with this run. From 3rd in the division to 2 wins in 14.

Can't remember us losing by so many goals in such a short space of time and being beaten by half-time 3 times in the space of 10 games or so either. 

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I just posted a reply to your post on the Paixo thread. The whole thread mysteriously disappeared. What's going off on here. 

Not allowed to say sorry.

Maybe they’ve just got it in for you Dave? 

Maybe there’s lawyers watching the site again, or there’s new people with a keen interest in club goings on at an unusual time in the club’s recent history? I’d hate to pretend I know anything or that anything we say on here is being carefully monitored in relation to changes that may or may not be afoot.

You know what they say about a raindrop in the desert 😉😉

Certain people can’t be named or face any sort of public criticism is the way I see it. It just pours more fuel on the fire and leads to conspiracy theories. I know nothing but if you mention certain individuals in a certain light then the thread disappears faster than a Dawson clean sheet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1