1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

I was just told 'they' so i presumed it obviously was DC and perhaps a few other silent big players.

At the time it didnt suprise me and it was actually a while before she did leave.

In truth, looking back her involvement seemed to be minimal anyway.

A few charitable events and community initiatives. Other than that she was at there at the forums.

Compared to her role at Charlton, she just seemed fairly periphery here, and so when she left I just took it to be that she wanted a job with more involvement again.

2 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Did she actually know something and left because she didn't agree with how we was being run

Tbf to her she was doing a decent job with us and left under a cloud. 

2+2=5

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cowl said:

In truth, looking back her involvement seemed to be minimal anyway.

A few charitable events and community initiatives. Other than that she was at there at the forums.

Compared to her role at Charlton, she just seemed fairly periphery here, and so when she left I just took it to be that she wanted a job with more involvement again.

It's like someone advised DC to hire a CEO. He took the advice, but then didn't let her do her job. 

It appears DC is at the root of it all. To anyone who cared to pay attention, almost immediately his supposed business acumen seemed suspect. Can't wait for him to p!ss off

• Like 2

I spoke to her at the fans forum. She was genuinely frustrated at the fact that DC wouldn’t take advice from anyone. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Barneycat said:

I spoke to her at the fans forum. She was genuinely frustrated at the fact that DC wouldn’t take advice from anyone. 

Sums it up really; an owner that won't take advice from anyone automatically reduces all executive positions to that of mere administrators.

It's a dictatorship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

Sums it up really; an owner that won't take advice from anyone automatically reduces all executive positions to that of mere administrators.

It's a dictatorship.

It does bare all the hallmarks. Seemingly people are persuaded to join, then the reality of their role/responsibilities hits home and they inevitably leave. As mentioned by others, the possibility that some have left because they are not comfortable with the legitimacy of decision making from the top may also be relevant. 

Who knows? Next random question that solves nothing. 

• Like 1

DC is a feckin disaster for our club. He'll take us to league 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Christ, only need a Mandaric thread for the full set tonight.

I’ll get right on it m’lord.

• Haha 2

she arrives a week later  so does jos …..jos leaves  a week or so later so does she ………. a connection or just a coincidence ? 

Posted (edited)

I remember being really please when we brought in Joe Palmer, as it indicated DC was bringing in experienced football people to build a strong administration snd governance of the club. Palmer leaving 18 months later for Wimbledon having achieved nothing says it all. 

Meire’s frustration is telling me he simply won’t let people do their job. 

As for Bruce, he sounded frustrated with transfer dealings before the Newcastle debacle. 

This transfer window made it clear Paixao is still pulling the strings, and the manager lacks authority over transfers. 

DC is simply unable to change, and we’ll be on a downward spiral as long as e

he’s here, unless we stumble over a gem of a manager (like the blunts with Wilder) who’s able to function in this environment. 

The FPL charging him gives us a glimmer of hope, but if he’s not allowed to run the club, changes are he’ll just let us drop like a stone. 

Never was a successful business man, and looks like he never will be. A spoilt rich man’s son running into some struggles for the first time in his professional life. Not looking good for us. 

Edited by Shezza

10 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

And Glenn Roeder.

And Adam Pearson.

And Paul Senior.

And Jonathan Hill.

And Joe Palmer.

And Steve Bruce.

I was just about to write the same... and the common denominator is ?

It can’t be the fans.

It can’t possibly be the stadium.

It’s  unlikely to be the playing staff.

The infrastructure (such as it is)?  Highly unlikely 

Board of directors? Impossible. 
Meire and the people you have listed are all highly respected in the football world, so... 

There can only be one possible reason  for them all wishing to leave out club.

DC

9 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Dunno mate. I’m referring to the fans forums etc. I think some of the excess baggage she cane with was unfair. 

She worked for an Owner at Charlton that was massively disliked by their fan base, she was the front line. I’m not supporting her - I never met her, just saying what I thought at the time. 

Correct.

She spoke very well at fans forums which is why she was respected by those of us that attended. 

8 hours ago, cowl said:

Who are the ‘they’ at swfc in this case, just out of interest? Surely, there was no-one else to give her the push at the time other than DC anyway?

You dont need to know who "They" are son 

This is big boys conspiracy stuff and you'd be well advised to keep well out of it for your own well being .

Just be like me and sit back and laugh at this cloak and dagger thread ,its got everything you want in a good read 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, vulva said:

It will come out eventually...

Like all the other stuff over the last few years? the problem is none of this stuff is ever coming out and we have absolute no idea what’s going on 

Edited by FreshOwl

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Like all the other stuff over the last few years? the problem is none of this stuff is ever coming out and we have absolute no idea what’s going on 

That's it spoil it for everyone !!

Didn’t realise she’s now COO at club Brugge. Quite a step up that

The fact that Joe Palmer left us to join Wimbledon speaks volumes about how it is to be working for DC. 

So to summarise what we "know":

Paxo lurks in the shadows and makes some fans feel uneasy

Katrien is holed up in Belgium and could be deported back to face misconduct charges in the high court 

Bruce didnt leave for his boyhood club he left because of D.Cs broken promises whilst at the same time was in sole charge of transfers and wages thus making Katriens job redundant 

Paxo when not lurking in the shadows is running the club down from the inside and is trying to get us in to insolvency so as to let Doyen pick us up at a snip 

"They" were trying to get Katrien out of the door but she was holding on to the door jamb and so couldn't budge her 

Steve Bruce wanted Katrien out ( could be "they"?)

You couldn't make it up .......or could you!

11 hours ago, debram said:

Never has done since the play of final loss. 

it did from the very first weeks, and IF the truth be known before that is likely.