Have we already been sold...?

11 hours ago, ANDY said:

Chansiri is going to have to accept mega losses if he was to sell

Drop in the ocean to his family, they are making In a whole month (net profit) what Chansiri has spent since his time here. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

11 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Due to falling revenue DC will have to dig even deeper into his pocket if he wants us to become competitive again. To just keep our heads above water like Manadaric did he will still have to provide substantial funding. With the price that DC puts on the club he could be funding us for a very long time addIng to his already substantial input.

If he is wanting to get out the only way I can see him getting his money back is to agree to defer payment until we reach the premiership. This might make us more attractive to a potential buyer.

I think your final paragraph might present a way forward.

With regard to falling revenues, surely that mean Chansiri is unable to dig deep (even if he has the cash) due to P&S?  Also, don’t think we can assume Chansiri has the resources to continue funding us in the way he currently does.

5 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I think your final paragraph might present a way forward.

With regard to falling revenues, surely that mean Chansiri is unable to dig deep (even if he has the cash) due to P&S?  Also, don’t think we can assume Chansiri has the resources to continue funding us in the way he currently does.

Lets be fair, due to FFP/P&S, associated embargoes we've not seen much investment in the squad. Most of our signings over the last few years have been free transfers or bargain buys. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Agreed - and falling revenues mentioned by NYowl will just make this worse.  That’s not to say a club is unable to progress with only free transfers and bargain buys, providing the appropriate structure is in place.  

How much did Brentford's squad cost I wonder? 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

More than ours in fairness, comparing matchday squads yesterday, but they have a plan.....Invest in players to develop, sell for profit and reinvest.

It's a business model, not playing at Football Manager using a real life club. 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

And yet some people continue to regard Brentford as tinpot because they sell their best players and have (so far) tended to fall short of Championship play-offs!  Seems to be this condescending view that so called smaller clubs can get away with this approach because they are not under the same weight of expectation, whereas clubs like ours deserve Premier League status because we are ‘massive’.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

More than ours in fairness, comparing matchday squads yesterday, but they have a plan.....Invest in players to develop, sell for profit and reinvest.

It's a business model, not playing at Football Manager using a real life club. 

Probably not if you look at net spend - as you say, they have a business model that works and is sustainable.  Someone has actually given it some thought!

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

And yet some people continue to regard Brentford as tinpot because they sell their best players and have (so far) tended to fall short of Championship play-offs!  Seems to be this condescending view that so called smaller clubs can get away with this approach because they are not under the same weight of expectation, whereas clubs like ours deserve Premier League status because we are ‘massive’.

Only one tinpot club on show yesterday..

And it wasn't Brentford. 

35 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Drop in the ocean to his family, they are making In a whole month (net profit) what Chansiri has spent since his time here. 

I'm afraid you are seriously overestimating the Chansiri family wealth. Don't think for a minute that the £150m+ that has been spent here is a drop in the ocean.

P&S aside, this is no Man City style 'money no object' venture and many of the schemes we have seen over the past couple of years have only served to bring revenue forward without actually having any benefit on P&S. There would be no benefit to any one of them if DC was just writing blank cheques.

11 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Probably not if you look at net spend - as you say, they have a business model that works and is sustainable.  Someone has actually given it some thought!

Crikey, net spend no. Brentford very well run. I was thinking about fees paid for players. 

23 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Only one tinpot club on show yesterday..

And it wasn't Brentford. 

Brentford are on the way up. They are doing it slowly and doing it the right way.

When they get up to the PL...and they will, it will be with a great business model, new stadium and sound finances.

Brentford will be the new Bournemouth and good luck to them, because I dont think there is a better run club in the Championship.

13 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ha ha if only. I think all Monk means is that a lot of players are out of contract. 

That would be the more obvious reason wouldn’t it - sometimes the conspiracy theories on here belong on the X-Files :ghoulguy:

5 hours ago, sethman75 said:

Would explain a lot, especially if the players have been told.

Their total lack of any kind of motivation or hunger tends to suggest they all know something has happened.

If we have been sold, the fans won't be told until the end of the season because tickets need to be sold until then.

Why would news of a sale lead to the performances we are currently seeing?

The sale of the cub to anyone would still leave us in the same position. We can no longer 'buy ourselves' out of the league. Chanisri is on record as saying he is willing, and has the money to invest on better, more expensive players, but is prevented fro doing so because of FFP. Selling the club would have to be done at a grossly exagerated price, and it is doubtful if even this would pass FFP. 

3 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Rubbish, what is the source of this Information that puts their annual income north of £1bn? 

The main business that they operate and in which they as a family have an approx. 20% shareholding in had an operating profit below £100m last year. Wednesday are losing more than their annual „share“.

21 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The sale of the cub to anyone would still leave us in the same position. We can no longer 'buy ourselves' out of the league. Chanisri is on record as saying he is willing, and has the money to invest on better, more expensive players, but is prevented fro doing so because of FFP. Selling the club would have to be done at a grossly exagerated price, and it is doubtful if even this would pass FFP. 

Personally I think P&S will become an easy excuse to not invest. DC has done very little in the areas that he is allowed to invest that are not part of P&S.

If he's got hundreds of millions burning a hole in his pocket and is fully committed to making the club all it can be, he's had long enough to build training and youth facilities the envy of every club in the league.

And to those that have suggested 'he can make back what he's spent on us in a month' then why bother waiting for PL money before doing something about our stadium which is barely fit for purpose. It doesn't affect P&S if he builds a new one or spends a couple of hundred mil on the one we've got.

The only money ever spent by DC has been to either raise income or increase the chances of getting the PL payday. Outside of that, the 150th 'celebrations' are a perfect example of how little money has been spent outside of that 'investment' in getting to the PL.

I'm not trying to do the guy down and I'm sure P&S has impacted his ability to spend but there is an underlying suggestion by some that P&S is the only reason he can't spend his way out of trouble and personally, I don't buy it.

35 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Selling the club doesn't have any impact on P & S.

The club is a legal entity, it is owned by the shareholders, in our case there is, as far as we know, only one. If DC sells the club to someone else he sells his shareholding in the club and a new person has control of the club but the legal entity that is the club remains the same. The EFL can consider the sale from a 'fit and proper person' aspect but thats about it.

8 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

If i found out my company is being sold and half of my colleges are being fired soon, there goes all my motivation.

You’ve added another bit in there that changes what’s alleged to have happened though.