If you're still defending

Guest Grandad

It doesn't seem to make any difference who the chairman is, who the manager is or who we sign.

Players that have done it everywhere don't do it here.

The next manager will be just as bad.

It's been a crap 20 years tbh and I don't know what we can do differently to change that.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Certain people on here should be ashamed of themselves.

Totally lost sight of what has gone on, to pursue sad petty vendettas.

Shameful.

Yep

Putting that in front of our club

Need a long hard look at themselves

Monk had got us to 3rd just before Christmas, ok we weren't scoring a lot but we weren't shipping goals either. 

Unluckily we lost our talisman Fletch for an extended period.

Monk didn't just become a bad manager,  something else has happened and the whole ethos changed over the xmas period. 

Will things change here with yet another new manager? I would lay good money the answer to that would be low.

Someone needs to tell the fans the truth what is rotten with our club.

We are only going one way at the moment and it ain't the right way.

15 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf it ceeced being "our" club a long time ago. 

Sad thing, we let it happen. 

How is that? 

None of us vetted Chansiri or agreed to have Paixao and his cronies entangled in the ownership, or tried to fudge the financial regulations.

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf it ceeced being "our" club a long time ago. 

Sad thing, we let it happen. 

It's pretty hard to prevent really when you are on the steps of the High Court and a dude rolls up with a wad of money to pay the creditors.

Kind of takes it out of the supporters' hands. :blink:

Said it in another thread, I think the main issue is DC and the players. Especially the players, they are professionals and are paid handsomely for it, their attitude since Christmas (bar Leeds) has been nothing short of a disgrace. If I put the same effort in in my job, i would have been sacked in January. Monk isn't great but who else is realistically going to come? I hope we can stay up this year, get rid of 90% of the scum on the playing staff and rebuild. A slow process with youth and lower league talent but that's something I would happily go along with. The days of the overpaid, overaged need to be over.

We won’t be relegated if we don’t get a points deduction. No way. Although, I’m sure that everyone agrees on here that there are significant underlying issues at the club right from top to bottom. It needs a complete clear out and starting again. We also need new ownership as well - DC clearly not up to the task. 

22 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Monk had got us to 3rd just before Christmas, ok we weren't scoring a lot but we weren't shipping goals either. 

Unluckily we lost our talisman Fletch for an extended period.

Monk didn't just become a bad manager,  something else has happened and the whole ethos changed over the xmas period. 

Will things change here with yet another new manager? I would lay good money the answer to that would be low.

Someone needs to tell the fans the truth what is rotten with our club.

We are only going one way at the moment and it ain't the right way.

Monk has never been a good manager. 

6 clubs at 40 years old doesn't suggest future England manager does it.

22 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Neither did Dave Jones, apparently

It did when Steve Bruce came in

7 minutes ago, the third man said:

Neither did Dave Jones, apparently

It did when Steve Bruce came in

You could argue it did when Monk took over, he got us to third.

And who can say Bruce wouldn't have hit a brick wall just the same and been suffering the same now.

We will never know. 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Chansiri and Monk - you're as big a part of our problem as they are

We will be relegated regardless of the EFL.

Hmmm. It's a point of view that if "longtermStocksbridgeOwl" posts that Chansiri is doing ok, that's as big a problem as Chansiri.

Can't see it myself.

I think they're both hopeless. There is no obvious solution to Chansiri. There is an immediate option for Monk. Not quite sure how my having that view is making things better, or how my having a different view would make things worse.

I've just posted a whole reem of Chansiri's clusterfvcks on Twitter.

One guy has labelled the list 'speculation', and called me out for including the purchase of Rhoys Wiggins on such a list, because we sold him for more than we bought him.

Doesn't mention any of the dozens of other points.

This is the sort of person that will hold the club back.

39 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It's pretty hard to prevent really when you are on the steps of the High Court and a dude rolls up with a wad of money to pay the creditors.

Kind of takes it out of the supporters' hands. :blink:

We never had a choice, flashed a few quid. Nobody stopped to think. Hold on, what happens if this doesn't go well. 

MM was always going to sell to anyone.

We relinquished our say along time ago. 

I'm not blaming anyone. It's happened now. 

But don't go saying our club, it's not and it's not been for a long time. You're a fan of a football team, nothing more. 

Edited by Maddogbob

53 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I've just posted a whole reem of Chansiri's clusterfvcks on Twitter.

One guy has labelled the list 'speculation', and called me out for including the purchase of Rhoys Wiggins on such a list, because we sold him for more than we bought him.

Doesn't mention any of the dozens of other points.

This is the sort of person that will hold the club back.

Don't be daft.