Jump to content

Recommended Posts

this culture thing tho,  whilst not doubting there is something that needs addressing 

 

but was it also evident during first 23 games this season and got us to 3rd place?

 

Monk's citing deep seated problems but he has to say something, rightly or wrongly,  for me its simply a complete breakdown in relationship between manager and a significant number of players

 

Its his doing, should have kept a lid on it till end of season, very naive of him, poor management 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

this culture thing tho,  whilst not doubting there is something that needs addressing 

 

but was it also evident during first 23 games this season and got us to 3rd place?

 

Monk's citing deep seated problems but he has to say something, rightly or wrongly,  for me its simply a complete breakdown in relationship between manager and a significant number of players

 

Its his doing, should have kept a lid on it till end of season, very naive of him, poor management 

 

 

 

 

 

So basically the point you're trying to make is 'we were 3rd in the league'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was Monk I would play a couple of youngsters in the team, people like Hunt and possibly Preston. Couple of the loan players and people he knows he wants next season. Just no point playing anyone he doesn’t want or players that have been told they are leaving. Also I wish Luongo and Reach would hurry up and get back fit and have that waste of space Pessy nowhere near the side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

If I was Monk I would play a couple of youngsters in the team, people like Hunt and possibly Preston. Couple of the loan players and people he knows he wants next season. Just no point playing anyone he doesn’t want or players that have been told they are leaving. Also I wish Luongo and Reach would hurry up and get back fit and have that waste of space Pessy nowhere near the side. 

 


When results are as they are currently one thing you can guarantee is that players don't get fit or come back from injuries quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

So basically the point you're trying to make is 'we were 3rd in the league'?

 

 

er.......yeah, fact, yeah, no ? true innit ?!

 

so what has gone wrong ?

 

culture didn't change over night, or over christmas , it was always there, even Monk says so!

 

That culture remains, however how has Monk managed or mismanaged 'that culture'

 

I really wanted it to work for him, backed him when others said his record was poor, but cant support him now, showing himself to have been naive

Without even a No.2 / right hand man of his choice to back him up he is exposed even more

Showing himself to be inflexible (except for team selections where he seems to be pulling names out of a hat) and smacking of desperation 

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


When results are as they are currently one thing you can guarantee is that players don't get fit or come back from injuries quickly


Yeah that’s a good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Why can’t go down ? We have before and we survived and came back stronger.

The longer the arbitration remains unresolved, the chances of a points deduction at the start of next season becomes a possibility.  I’d rather take the medicine now and start afresh next season.

 

Not disagreeing that he seems to have lost the dressing room, but why did they put a shift in on Wednesday night. Doesn’t add up.

 

The brutal truth is that Chansiri owns this club and can do what he likes with it.

 

We can't force him out, and the only way he'll move on is if someone agrees to buy the club off him.

 

We're an unattractive proposition as it is, but we'd look a darn sight less attractive in the Third.

 

And once you go down, you never know when you're coming back.

 

Like you, I'll take the medicine now too, but with someone who can keep us up.

 

Results like yesterday's are when a team's given up on a manager, and once that happens you might as well bail.

 

Otherwise you're simply staving off the inevitable, and with each passing week the situation gets worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

luckily for dc, most of the fans seem to take the bait and blame the managers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand he says the players aren't trying. He knows who they are. In the other hand, he still keeps picking them. 

Why is he still picking players whom he has admitted aren't trying. 

This is the culture at the the club. Monk knows it and yet he does nothing about it. 

Of course that pre-supposes he's allowed to do anything about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

On the one hand he says the players aren't trying. He knows who they are. In the other hand, he still keeps picking them. 

Why is he still picking players whom he has admitted aren't trying. 

This is the culture at the the club. Monk knows it and yet he does nothing about it. 

Of course that pre-supposes he's allowed to do anything about it. 

 

Probably players are too much in they own comfort zone and know they will be leaving. Players are all financially secure so many don't have that edge to prove themselves anymore.

 

Hopefully bring in some younger hungry players close season from the lower leagues. This will be very difficult as anyone decent will have other clubs after them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

this culture thing tho,  whilst not doubting there is something that needs addressing 

 

but was it also evident during first 23 games this season and got us to 3rd place?

 

Monk's citing deep seated problems but he has to say something, rightly or wrongly,  for me its simply a complete breakdown in relationship between manager and a significant number of players

 

Its his doing, should have kept a lid on it till end of season, very naive of him, poor management 

 

 

If Monk isn't in charge of contracts it might not have been him that told the players or made the decision.

 

I can imagine players approaching Monk about a new contract and him saying the chairman deals with such things. If DC or his henchman whoever that may be told the players they weren't getting renewed that would absolve Monk. Similarly if  Monk was told to notify the players by DC or someone else themn Monk is just doing his job.

 

I've no idea if either scenarion is true but everyone is blaming Monk and it might not be his fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

 

The brutal truth is that Chansiri owns this club and can do what he likes with it.

 

We can't force him out, and the only way he'll move on is if someone agrees to buy the club off him.

 

We're an unattractive proposition as it is, but we'd look a darn sight less attractive in the Third.

 

And once you go down, you never know when you're coming back.

 

Like you, I'll take the medicine now too, but with someone who can keep us up.

 

Results like yesterday's are when a team's given up on a manager, and once that happens you might as well bail.

 

Otherwise you're simply staving off the inevitable, and with each passing week the situation gets worse.

I’m more concerned about DC staying than relegation. 

At least we know about relegation, I’m not convinced DC knows how bad it’s going to get and he could leave us well and truly up the creek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fact is, when Bruce had us chugging along last season no one was talking about Doyen or any of that. Things seemed to be ok. Bruce brought some backroom staff in and everyone presumed Doyen's influence had waned.

 

Obviously, we had the embargo and Bruce scarpered but there was no Doyen chat when we were 3rd either.

 

When things are going badly, blame gets handed out everywhere. The conspiracy theories come out but we don't know.

 

Hate to say it, though, but much as I quite like his intensity, Monk laying into the players in public and players being excluded doesn't strike me as a way to motivate a squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Fact is, when Bruce had us chugging along last season no one was talking about Doyen or any of that. Things seemed to be ok. Bruce brought some backroom staff in and everyone presumed Doyen's influence had waned.

 

Obviously, we had the embargo and Bruce scarpered but there was no Doyen chat when we were 3rd either.

 

When things are going badly, blame gets handed out everywhere. The conspiracy theories come out but we don't know.

 

Hate to say it, though, but much as I quite like his intensity, Monk laying into the players in public and players being excluded doesn't strike me as a way to motivate a squad. 

 

 

Yes, that's fair.

 

People always over-analyse when things go wrong.

 

The situation's gone very sour, but it probably isn't anything to do with Chansiri or Doyen specifically.

 

Their malign influence is more chronic, rather than accounting for the acute collapse in form of recent times.

 

Something's gone awry with the relationship between players and manager IMO.

 

Whether there have been unguarded comments and/or they've lost faith in him is anyone's guess.

 

But it's evident on the pitch for all to see.

 

As evident as it was even in the friendly between Gers and Wednesday when Carlos' number was up.

 

Once a manager crosses that particular bridge he can't retrace his steps, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...