Does anyone really believe it's the manager to blame

41 minutes ago, immediate67 said:

I've been supporting The Wednesday since 76, had a season ticket for 35 years. Sacking yet another scapegoat really the answer 

Yes it is the answer. He got lucky first half of the season. Since then he’s been found out. 

Monk out

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I still find it absolutely crazy that Monk hasn’t been able to bring his own staff in. 

If they are worse than him..Whats the point?

I mean surely he is the best of the bunch?

That line up today?

EVEN WE knew it was all over the place..I mean  Christ Almighty....

Fans called it before the kick off....that..... SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

Just grow up, why don't you.

No one on this thread is happy. (If someone can find a bright side to look on, good for them. I can't)

This "clapper" stuff is beyond moronic.

No true though is it? There were people who were happy that we only lost one nil to Man City. Look back at threads after a Wednesday night. I would have rather lost five nil to City than Brentford.

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

With the exception of Bruce, every managerial appointment under DC has been journeyman status.  Carlos worked for a while, that first season was entertaining, but ultimately a false dawn. Jos was a real strange one (although his CV wasn’t the worst) and Monk has proved to be a very uninspiring choice - thought Rowett would have been worth a shot.  If Monk goes, I’ve no faith in DC to come up with a decent replacement, but can’t decide if that’s a good enough reason to keep him.

Then something needs to change.

We can't keep going on like this, it certainly isn't sustainable.  Shipping so many goals, is worrying to say the least. 

Monk isn't up to the task.  Feels like he is learning on the job, and he's making a right mess of it.  I mean who starts dismantling a team midway through the season.  I just find a lot of what he does completely baffling. 

Wildsmith should have started today after the midweek performance against city.  It wasn't that long ago, I could say our goalkeeping department was the least of our problems.  We had Westwood keeping clean sheets, with two very good prospects in Dawson and Wildsmith.  Can I say the same thing today?  It looks like we are ruining all three of them.  And that's just one position.  

How long do we really give Monk? Do we wait before it is too late.  

21 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I think he soon realised the extent of mess at Hillsbro, and the Newcastle job gave him a bonus escape route. Things must be really bad if working for Mike Ashley was a more attractive proposition. 

Funnily enough he’s never intimated that he’d had problems with the Chairman, broken promises etc.

He had  loads of opportunity to justify his leaving. He never moaned whilst here either.

Just that it was his boyhood Club - and obviously a Premiership job.

Its bizarre - but I don’t think the chairman was why he left.

I can only say it as I see it.

Only an idiot would think it's soley monks fault. If the players were giving their all, and we was losing by fine margins, then u could soley blame the manager and his selections/tactics. But the players have given up, no desire, no endeavour....pretty pathetic. However, I have never known a manager that makes so many changes at half time.....it's almost like an admission that he got it wrong in the first place. Lots of problems at the club, not just Monk. Would be easier if it was just Monk.....

Monk's pathetically incompetent team selection, and consequential results, must surely be acceptable to Chansiri otherwise he would have moved him on months ago.

The longer this charade is allowed to carry on the more inevitable relegation becomes. Irrespective of any points reduction.

This once great club is becoming the laughing stock of English football, and no one except loyal supporters seems the slightest bit concerned.

7 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Funnily enough he’s never intimated that he’d had problems with the Chairman, broken promises etc.

He had  loads of opportunity to justify his leaving. He never moaned whilst here either.

Just that it was his boyhood Club - and obviously a Premiership job.

Its bizarre - but I don’t think the chairman was why he left.

I can only say it as I see it.

The boyhood club thing is a load of rubbish, he managed Sunderland for years it was never a problem then. 

No.

Monk has turned out to be crap, but then again why is it surprising that DC got another appointment wrong.

Casbah needs to man up and come on here and explain what the hell is going on with his employer. 

This season is totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Only an idiot would think it's soley monks fault. If the players were giving their all, and we was losing by fine margins, then u could soley blame the manager and his selections/tactics. But the players have given up, no desire, no endeavour....pretty pathetic. However, I have never known a manager that makes so many changes at half time.....it's almost like an admission that he got it wrong in the first place. Lots of problems at the club, not just Monk. Would be easier if it was just Monk.....

True, we are not talking about it being solely Monk's fault though. The manager is responsible for how the team sets up, the tactics, formation, team selection, training methods, removing players from the first team set up, motivating the team.

The players need to look at their own level of performance and commitment to this and few deserve another chance beyond this summer but we can't do much about that outside the transfer window.

Something needs to change now beyond the manager saying sorry for another unacceptable display every weekend. Monk is showing why he has no track record of success or longevity at any club.

The whole thing is a giant poo show. Snowballing from the playoff final to this point, and the worrying thing is I don’t think we are nowhere near the bottom yet. Getting rid of Monk is a must, he’s lost the players and his team selection at times looks like it’s drawn out of a hat, but it’s  just papering over cracks in the grand scheme of things.

We all know where the problem lays but while ever he’s taking terrible advice from only dodgy Portuguese agents and no bugger else then we are only going to spiral down and down. 
Even if he has a sudden awakening tonight you’ve got to fear the damage has already been done.

So what’s the answer?

Sack Monk - yes, proved himself no good when the chips are down (but have some sympathy with the hand he’s been dealt)

Chansiri sell up - Yes, he’s clearly not learning lessons and seems intent on his way or no way....we’ll it’s heading towards the latter.

Summer clear out- naturally will happen anyway with contracts ending but you have to worry about Monks/Chansiri’s ability to build a new squad required to compete.

In my eyes the lot need to go Chairman down to manager and players. We need a new dawn fresh direction, fresh faces and fresh optimism.