Does anyone really believe it's the manager to blame

15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The people blaming Monk for the mess we are in at the minute are completely delusional. 

Any manager here is destined to fail with the state the club is in. Monk is not a bad manager. 

Explain that line up then?

Honestly...anyone who thinks he is totally in a corner and blameless , explain to me how Pelupessy and Da Cruz get in before Forestieri?

Explain to me how he thinks Wildsmith can cope with Aguero and Jesus...but..might not be good enough away at Brentford.

Do give over...the bloke is nicking money

I think if the alternative is having Bullen in charge I would rather we keep Monk, pray we don’t go down and get rid of as many players and the current back room staff as possible in the summer. If Monk goes and the players start to perform if would be scandalous from them. 

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

Monk is all over the shop. With his team selections, his substitutions, his interviews and probably in every other aspect of the managerial role.

Why? Well it could be that he came in as a poor manager and was never up to the job. If that's the conclusion you come to, then fair enough.

I'd say it's much more likely that its because he has come into a club on his own, without his own coaching staff to work within a completely broken system where senior players have done as they wish, very average footballers are on ludicrous wages, the owner who wishes to have the final say on everything is never there, he has no CEO to report to instead having to deal with a fat little chain smoking man who tells him what players he's allowed to bring in and the coaching team he has to assist him consists of academy coaches and an estate agent... You could have your pick of managers and they'd all end up the same way.

Has Monk lost the plot? Absolutely, but if anyone thinks that removing one man from the absolute car crash that is Sheffield Wednesday football club is going to fix everything or anything, then I'm afraid they will be sorely disappointed.

And yet there are still some on here who say it's alreyt , that moaners are the problem and there's an agenda. 

Bizarre.

27 minutes ago, immediate67 said:

I've been supporting The Wednesday since 76, had a season ticket for 35 years. Sacking yet another scapegoat really the answer 

Its not the answer, but it's part of the answer. 

The transfer policy of the club is a mess, and has been for years, this all started with first team coach Carlos, and the vanishing transfer committee

The club need a Manager in control of the transfer policy, and then the manager can truely be judged on results. 

What ever happened at Christmas, it's clearly be grossly mismanaged. 

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

The transfer policy of the club is a mess, and has been for years, this all started with first team coach Carlos, and the vanishing transfer committee

The club need a Manager in control of the transfer policy, and then the manager can truely be judged on results. 

You can judge a manager on how he utilises the squad he has....and...

What in the name of f.ook was that this afternoon?

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Animis said:

Providing we don't get hit with a points deduction, I think we'll need another 6-8 points to stay up. Add the same amount of points on top of this for the equivalent points deduction.

I can't see us yielding any points until early April. Huddersfield looks a six pointer.

We probably need one more win without a points deduction. We’re 9 points clear with 9 games left.. teams at the bottom don’t win every week.. 51 points and a better goal difference will be enough.

Bigger issue is if we lose 12 points.. that means we need 5 wins from 9... it’s doable but would require a managerial change, a new manager bounce and picking our best team every week. If Monk stays and we get deducted points we’re down already IMHO

Dont think Monk is the route cause of the problem. 

Based on performances and results, couldn't complain if he was sacked, but lets not kid ourselves that is going to be the silver bullet and solve all our problems. 

The club is neglected, by the owner, certain players and curiously enough after the fans, I suspect Monk may be the one who actually gives a throw 

15 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Monk is out of his depth.  

When Bruce screwed us over we needed a top class manager to lead the team forward.  Instead DC went for a journeyman.  

With the exception of Bruce, every managerial appointment under DC has been journeyman status.  Carlos worked for a while, that first season was entertaining, but ultimately a false dawn. Jos was a real strange one (although his CV wasn’t the worst) and Monk has proved to be a very uninspiring choice - thought Rowett would have been worth a shot.  If Monk goes, I’ve no faith in DC to come up with a decent replacement, but can’t decide if that’s a good enough reason to keep him.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think if the alternative is having Bullen in charge I would rather we keep Monk, pray we don’t go down and get rid of as many players and the current back room staff as possible in the summer. If Monk goes and the players start to perform if would be scandalous from them. 

Bullen is not a manager, he is no tactician. However, the players have played for him in the past, it doesn't look like they are playing for Monk, the vast majority of our matches since Christmas have seen very little desire, even less of late. 

Maybe having them on side and playing a basic formation will get better results than leaving Monk to it for the remaining 9 games? Then clear the lot out and start afresh. 

The loan signings made in January were pretty dire.

The signings made over the summer looks less good now than they did then. Harris has his limitations. Borner has gone backwards. Moses isn't really up to it.

So even if you looking only at football aspects, it isn't just Monk. If anything, our transfer market performance has deteriorated.

Even so. Earlier in the season Harris had impact. Borner looked a really good player. It sounds absurd now, but back in October and November we had a top six class defence.

Selections are often baffling. They seemed strange today. But more importantly, we seem now to have no sense of how we are going to play, what to do when teams come at us, what to do if we have the ball.

If Monk had been conspicuously successful elsewhere, I might have some confidence. But that isn't so.

It won't solve all of our problems at all, because the biggest problem for us is that Delphon Chansiri is incompetent.

But the fact that we have lots of problems shouldn't disguise that Monk is a significant problem

36 minutes ago, immediate67 said:

I've been supporting The Wednesday since 76, had a season ticket for 35 years. Sacking yet another scapegoat really the answer 

I've not been going as long as you.   I've been consistently since 91, admittedly a better time.

However - you are wrong - YES, it's the manager to blame right at this moment.  Abso-bloody-letely.

Anyone who says otherwise is totally off their trolley,

Monk is currently the main problem, we have secondary problems - but Monk is priority No1.   That prat needs to go ASAP.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

No manager will ever have control of transfers while ever Paxo and his Doyen mates have their claws in the club. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Even Chansiri knows Bullen is not the answer, he has merely only ever been a stop gap.