Does anyone really believe it's the manager to blame

14 minutes ago, immediate67 said:

I've been supporting The Wednesday since 76, had a season ticket for 35 years. Sacking yet another scapegoat really the answer 

The blame lies at the door of Chansiri and his hanger on Paxo 

• Thanks 1

Something has changed. He wasn’t my favourite, but he got us up to third place at one point and we were reasonable - even though not play-off material IMO. Everyone knew then of the EFL charge, but results were OK. He has then clearly ostracised players and the wheels have come off, and we’ve been in relegation form since. That’s down to Monk I’m afraid.

Sacking Monk is just window dressing, a sticking plaster - we all know that if we are honest deep down.

I don’t rate him - but I’m sick of the Club just shuffling the deck chairs.

Proper leadership, a sign of intent and a long term plan is what is needed.

Without that, any new manager is doomed to fail too.

Just now, Ronio said:

Monk is out of his depth.  

When Bruce screwed us over we needed a top class manager to lead the team forward.  Instead DC went for a journeyman.  

Bruce aside, all Chamsiri's appointments have been out of work journeymen with more clubs than Tiger Woods. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, immediate67 said:

I've been supporting The Wednesday since 76, had a season ticket for 35 years. Sacking yet another scapegoat really the answer 

Yes he has no clue how to set up a team, he continue to players who don t care, but drops ones who at least try.

but when he goes can be kindly take the rest of the coaching staff with him, they too are the problem not one off then has a clue.

get a strong personality as manager as monk is just too weak to manage a proper football club

Terrible man manager.

Drops Dawson for the City game (rightly) but obviously adversely affecting his confidence. 

Brings in Wildsmith who has a good game.

Drops Wildsmith destroying his confidence.

Reinstates a now low conference Dawson who then makes a hash for the goal within the first ten minutes. 

Got to go.

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The people blaming Monk for the mess we are in at the minute are completely delusional. 

Any manager here is destined to fail with the state the club is in. Monk is not a bad manager. 

Based on what? 

We don't have the basis for success at the moment no.

But Monk knew what he signed up to. Taking 9 points from 42 is not good enough. We are getting hammered by teams out of form and in the bottom 3rd of the division regularly. Our record must be the worst in the country in 2020. The form pre-Christmas shows we shouldn't be that bad. 

We cant get rid of all the players now and players have too much power but the manager is ultimately responsible. He is failing to manage in pretty much every aspect of the job. 

19 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes sack him he’s clueless . I always stick up for our managers and believe they need time but for Monk I’m making an exception, he hasn’t got a clue . 

I feel same way, stuck by Carlos right till end and near end of Jos in charge, I can't stay behind Monk with his bizarre tactics. 

Something isn't right within club so I'm not expecting instant glory even with a change of manager. 

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The people blaming Monk for the mess we are in at the minute are completely delusional. 

Any manager here is destined to fail with the state the club is in. Monk is not a bad manager. 

I’d agree that the overall mess the club is in has to be laid at DC’s door, but I can’t fathom what has gone wrong since Christmas, when on the pitch we were OK, though not brilliant. 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

TBF - The appointment of Bruce showed real intent.

I was astonished he took the job TBH.

Fair play.

I think he soon realised the extent of mess at Hillsbro, and the Newcastle job gave him a bonus escape route. Things must be really bad if working for Mike Ashley was a more attractive proposition. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Based on what? 

We don't have the basis for success at the moment no.

But Monk knew what he signed up to. Taking 9 points from 42 is not good enough. We are getting hammered by teams out of form and in the bottom 3rd of the division regularly. Our record must be the worst in the country in 2020. The form pre-Christmas shows we shouldn't be that bad. 

We cant get rid of all the players now and players have too much power but the manager is ultimately responsible. He is failing to manage in pretty much every aspect of the job. 

Providing we don't get hit with a points deduction, I think we'll need another 6-8 points to stay up. Add the same amount of points on top of this for the equivalent points deduction.

I can't see us yielding any points until early April. Huddersfield looks a six pointer.

Monk is all over the shop. With his team selections, his substitutions, his interviews and probably in every other aspect of the managerial role.

Why? Well it could be that he came in as a poor manager and was never up to the job. If that's the conclusion you come to, then fair enough.

I'd say it's much more likely that its because he has come into a club on his own, without his own coaching staff to work within a completely broken system where senior players have done as they wish, very average footballers are on ludicrous wages, the owner who wishes to have the final say on everything is never there, he has no CEO to report to instead having to deal with a fat little chain smoking man who tells him what players he's allowed to bring in and the coaching team he has to assist him consists of academy coaches and an estate agent... You could have your pick of managers and they'd all end up the same way.

Has Monk lost the plot? Absolutely, but if anyone thinks that removing one man from the absolute car crash that is Sheffield Wednesday football club is going to fix everything or anything, then I'm afraid they will be sorely disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2