Rangers-esque

If we got thrown into the conference, dc gone, players gone. Clean slate. Start again.

I don't think I would even care.

I'm fact...I think I would prefer it to the horrific slow death we are suffering.

Bit dramatic, maybe, but there is no silver lining, no light at the end of the tunnel. Things are just going to gradually get worse and worse.

Our finances and club structure is a shambles. Our players are overpaid and overrated. Our owner is out of his depth and out of ideas. Our manager wants to be sacked.

Ugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trev said:

If we got thrown into the conference, dc gone, players gone. Clean slate. Start again.

I'm fact...I think I would prefer it to the horrific slow death we are suffering.

Bit dramatic, maybe, but there is no silver lining, no light at the end of the tunnel. Things are just going to gradually get worse and worse.

Our finances and club structure is a shambles. Our players are overpaid and overrated. Our owner is out of his depth and out of ideas. Our manager wants to be sacked.

Ugh.

drama queen lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, trev said:

Ugh.

It is dramatic! 

But I was pondering a similar scenario the other day.

What is depressingly clear to me is that Chansiri is either incapable or unwilling to do ANY of the things he needs to do to turn things around. 

The club is totally disengaged from its fans, there is no senior management structure in place, communication is poor, and the state of the financial management is there for everyone to see. 

So yes, I too see little light at the end of the tunnel I’m afraid. 

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Perhaps we should do the reverse of what people suggested Rangers should have done.

Re-start in Scotland. 

Anyone fancy Elgin away?

I know for a fact rotherham owls would take a coach 

I understand the sentiment in the OP. I've had similar thoughts with regards to how far would be okay about us slipping down the ladder if it gave us a chance to rebuild.

Truth is though, it's the sport as a whole I'm weary of too.

Not so much what happens on the pitch because in some ways (and I'm obviously not talking about Wednesday here) some of the quality of the football in the sport over the past three or four seasons has been great. No, it's everything else to do with supporting a team - well, in particularly the huge role of money in the game now, and yet for all that the constant all-encompassing preoccupation we're all forced to have with the financial health of our clubs.

I'm utterly sick of it. All I want to do is just enjoy the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trev said:

Ugh.

I struggle to understand how people can moan that the chairman, the manager, the players and the cat that sometimes shelters under the South Stand have got no integrity, backbone, pride or character and then post something like this.

Yeah, it's demoralising. And it could well get a whole lot worse yet. But having a self-pitying cry in the corner isn't going to help is it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trev said:

Ugh.

Our manager wants to cream the club same as the players, DC, stand up or go. 

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I struggle to understand how people can moan that the chairman, the manager, the players and the cat that sometimes shelters under the South Stand have got no integrity, backbone, pride or character and then post something like this.

Yeah, it's demoralising. And it could well get a whole lot worse yet. But having a self-pitying cry in the corner isn't going to help is it?

Bizarre comment. Utterly irrelevant.