There will be those who will quote the Exeter 2010 or Stevenage 2011 games, but does that general 'meh'-ness from the players today qualify as the worst ever away performance?

There's general shiteness, but today was so much more about apathy than pedigree - wasn't it?

The 4-0 away loss to Colchester that saw Sturrock sacked was my worst.

Midweek game.

Very poor Wednesday side.

Bleak.

• Thanks 1

The owls are not what they seem.

remember the 7-1 hammering at Arsenal in the 1991/92 season but we'd had the mental strength to get over that and eventually finish 3rd.Compare that with this shower of poo.:tango:

Edited by parkfieldowl14
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, zico.b said:

There will be those who will quote the Exeter 2010 or Stevenage 2011 games, but does that general 'meh'-ness from the players today qualify as the worst ever away performance?

There's general shiteness, but today was so much more about apathy than pedigree - wasn't it?

Feel for everyone who went today, they're a proper shower of 5hite this squad. 

In all my years supporting mainly dross there was always a few players you liked, even if the quality wasn't always there.  I genuinely can't stand any of this lot

Hope you got your pint in every corner though pal!

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, big_al1985 said:

Hope you got your pint in every corner though pal!

No, I didn't, but out of choice massive shame because I did want to 'tick it off'.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand - I see all the replies and still wonder about application from the players. Newcastle/Arsenal aside we did not have the so called quality of player in the other games. Today is different (?) - A squad on paper that should not be getting spanked like today's result.

Kamara said the fifth goal was a walk in - no defenders challenged and he simply sidestepped and slotted it in to the net.

Players have given up and they should take a look at themselves in the mirror. 

Whether they were actually 3rd-in-the-league standard is questionable, but the collapse since Christmas is nothing short of scandalous.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Midweek game.

Bleak.

This was my worst ever away game I think .

• Thanks 1

Ironically one of my worst away days was when you beat us 3 0 on boxing day a few years ago.

Woke up hungover from xmas, had to get on a coach because no trains, drank in some dusty shithole somewhere an hour away, froze inside ground, and lost 3 0. Could of been 6 or 7. 

Vowed to never do a boxing day away game ever again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I didn't go but 4-2 (I think) against Peterborough Alan Irvine's last game or one of last games for us. Remember listening to it and it sounded awful  

• Thanks 1

I was at Stevenage. That really fkng annoyed me.

But today was worse because I was just apathetic as each goal went in, and just accepted that a bunch of players and the manager, several of whom are earning more in a week than I make in a year, just don't seem to give a damn about the club that I've been watching for nearly 40 years. 

• Thanks 1

It was so bad today is was untrue 

This club is in grave danger of losing the support it could always rely on (take for granted) if it carries on in this manner 

We are used to non performances but the club is losing any soul it had. 
All stemming from the top - DC 

Everyone is pulling in a different direction it seems  

One thing losing the Garrido’s but when the hardcore see no point then we are in a mess 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was poo .

This team is so much less than the sum of it's parts that it's untrue.

Bloody long journey home tonight.

• Thanks 1
Guest Ferkorf

Palace away 2000 or 2001...

Lost 4-1 

Coach broke down...

Got soaked from the rain.

Club made it right by giving us all a free bar of swfc chocolate and a £5 gift voucher for mega store.

BUT today was definitely up there

1 hour ago, Neal M said:

Midweek game.

Bleak.

That's the one that came to mind for me. Didn't get home (to London) until well after midnight. Never seen a keeper scared of crosses like Brad Jones and our midfield made Halford and Duguid look like superstars...

• Thanks 1